Old 22-02-2013, 12:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default servings per

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Came across a funny mislabel. I was looking at TJ's uncured
bacon pieces for a project I am thinking of. It was
a 12 oz or 1 lb package, I can't remember.

What struck me as hysteria:

Servicing size: 1 tablespoon
Servings per container: 65 (Sixty five!)

Chuckle, chuckle

-T

I guess I don't see what is funny there. And how is it a mislabel?

Old 22-02-2013, 12:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/21/2013 04:32 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Came across a funny mislabel. I was looking at TJ's uncured
bacon pieces for a project I am thinking of. It was
a 12 oz or 1 lb package, I can't remember.

What struck me as hysteria:

Servicing size: 1 tablespoon
Servings per container: 65 (Sixty five!)

Chuckle, chuckle

-T

I guess I don't see what is funny there. And how is it a mislabel?

Hi Julie,

Yes, I am easily amused at times.

1) 16 tablespoons per cup. That would be 4 cups of bacon. That is
a lot of bacon!

2) Have you ever laughed at the servings per container on various
packages? One can of soup serves one person, but the label says
four. I have seen some pretty ridiculous servings per container
before, but SIXTY FIVE? That takes the cake!

3) Remember how much you paid to read this.

:-)

-T

Old 22-02-2013, 12:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, they usually pull that with high calorie items, a very small container
that says 1/4 of container 200 calories, servings 4, it always cracks me up.

Cheri

Old 22-02-2013, 04:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Came across a funny mislabel. I was looking at TJ's uncured
bacon pieces for a project I am thinking of. It was
a 12 oz or 1 lb package, I can't remember.

What struck me as hysteria:

Servicing size: 1 tablespoon
Servings per container: 65 (Sixty five!)

Chuckle, chuckle

-T

I guess I don't see what is funny there. And how is it a mislabel?

Hi Julie,

Yes, I am easily amused at times.

1) 16 tablespoons per cup. That would be 4 cups of bacon. That is
a lot of bacon!

Okay. I have never actually measured bacon like that but your package
seemed rather large so I don't know.

2) Have you ever laughed at the servings per container on various
packages? One can of soup serves one person, but the label says
four. I have seen some pretty ridiculous servings per container
before, but SIXTY FIVE? That takes the cake!

Well, no. I can honestly say that I have never laughed at anything I saw on
a label. I don't happen to think things like that are funny. Just a bit
odd. I do know that most people will assume that when they buy something
that appears to be a single serving, it often is not. I was trained early
on to read package labels and I always do. Much of what I see on a label
prevents me from bringing the food or drink home to begin with.

As for the 65 servings per container, that isn't odd to me at all. Seeing
as how I buy stuff at Costco or the restaurant supply place. I certainly
don't always buy in bulk but if it is something that will keep for a while
such as popcorn or rice, or something that can be portioned out for the
freezer, I will buy it if the price is signifigantly cheaper.

3) Remember how much you paid to read this.

:-)

-T

Uh... What?

Old 22-02-2013, 04:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Hmmm... I guess I just can't see how that would be funny.

Old 22-02-2013, 06:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Not funny as in ha ha, but funny in "how stupid do they think we are" type
of funny.

Cheri

Old 22-02-2013, 09:13 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/21/2013 10:15 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Think of it this way. Some things are only a little
amusing. But sometimes, a little, is enough. :-)

65 servings. chuckle, chuckle.

-T