FoodBanter.com

-   -   servings per (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/422945-re-servings-per.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 22-02-2013 01:32 AM

servings per

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Came across a funny mislabel. I was looking at TJ's uncured
> bacon pieces for a project I am thinking of. It was
> a 12 oz or 1 lb package, I can't remember.
>
> What struck me as hysteria:
>
> Servicing size: 1 tablespoon
> Servings per container: 65 (Sixty five!)
>
> Chuckle, chuckle
>
> -T

I guess I don't see what is funny there. And how is it a mislabel?

Todd 22-02-2013 01:43 AM

servings per

On 02/21/2013 04:32 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Came across a funny mislabel. I was looking at TJ's uncured
>> bacon pieces for a project I am thinking of. It was
>> a 12 oz or 1 lb package, I can't remember.
>>
>> What struck me as hysteria:
>>
>> Servicing size: 1 tablespoon
>> Servings per container: 65 (Sixty five!)
>>
>> Chuckle, chuckle
>>
>> -T

> I guess I don't see what is funny there. And how is it a mislabel?

Hi Julie,

Yes, I am easily amused at times.

1) 16 tablespoons per cup. That would be 4 cups of bacon. That is
a lot of bacon!

2) Have you ever laughed at the servings per container on various
packages? One can of soup serves one person, but the label says
four. I have seen some pretty ridiculous servings per container
before, but SIXTY FIVE? That takes the cake!

3) Remember how much you paid to read this.

:-)

-T

Cheri[_3_] 22-02-2013 01:56 AM

servings per

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 02/21/2013 04:32 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Came across a funny mislabel. I was looking at TJ's uncured
>>> bacon pieces for a project I am thinking of. It was
>>> a 12 oz or 1 lb package, I can't remember.
>>>
>>> What struck me as hysteria:
>>>
>>> Servicing size: 1 tablespoon
>>> Servings per container: 65 (Sixty five!)
>>>
>>> Chuckle, chuckle
>>>
>>> -T

>> I guess I don't see what is funny there. And how is it a mislabel?

> Hi Julie,
>
> Yes, I am easily amused at times.
>
> 1) 16 tablespoons per cup. That would be 4 cups of bacon. That is
> a lot of bacon!
>
> 2) Have you ever laughed at the servings per container on various
> packages? One can of soup serves one person, but the label says
> four. I have seen some pretty ridiculous servings per container
> before, but SIXTY FIVE? That takes the cake!
>
> 3) Remember how much you paid to read this.
>
> :-)
>
> -T

Yeah, they usually pull that with high calorie items, a very small container
that says 1/4 of container 200 calories, servings 4, it always cracks me up.

Cheri

Julie Bove[_2_] 22-02-2013 05:39 AM

servings per

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 02/21/2013 04:32 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Came across a funny mislabel. I was looking at TJ's uncured
>>> bacon pieces for a project I am thinking of. It was
>>> a 12 oz or 1 lb package, I can't remember.
>>>
>>> What struck me as hysteria:
>>>
>>> Servicing size: 1 tablespoon
>>> Servings per container: 65 (Sixty five!)
>>>
>>> Chuckle, chuckle
>>>
>>> -T

>> I guess I don't see what is funny there. And how is it a mislabel?

> Hi Julie,
>
> Yes, I am easily amused at times.
>
> 1) 16 tablespoons per cup. That would be 4 cups of bacon. That is
> a lot of bacon!

Okay. I have never actually measured bacon like that but your package
seemed rather large so I don't know.

> 2) Have you ever laughed at the servings per container on various
> packages? One can of soup serves one person, but the label says
> four. I have seen some pretty ridiculous servings per container
> before, but SIXTY FIVE? That takes the cake!

Well, no. I can honestly say that I have never laughed at anything I saw on
a label. I don't happen to think things like that are funny. Just a bit
odd. I do know that most people will assume that when they buy something
that appears to be a single serving, it often is not. I was trained early
on to read package labels and I always do. Much of what I see on a label
prevents me from bringing the food or drink home to begin with.

As for the 65 servings per container, that isn't odd to me at all. Seeing
as how I buy stuff at Costco or the restaurant supply place. I certainly
don't always buy in bulk but if it is something that will keep for a while
such as popcorn or rice, or something that can be portioned out for the
freezer, I will buy it if the price is signifigantly cheaper.

> 3) Remember how much you paid to read this.
>
> :-)
>
> -T

Uh... What?

Julie Bove[_2_] 22-02-2013 05:39 AM

servings per

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> I guess I don't see what is funny there. And how is it a mislabel?

>> Hi Julie,
>>
>> Yes, I am easily amused at times.
>>
>> 1) 16 tablespoons per cup. That would be 4 cups of bacon. That is
>> a lot of bacon!
>>
>> 2) Have you ever laughed at the servings per container on various
>> packages? One can of soup serves one person, but the label says
>> four. I have seen some pretty ridiculous servings per container
>> before, but SIXTY FIVE? That takes the cake!
>>
>> 3) Remember how much you paid to read this.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> -T
>>

> Yeah, they usually pull that with high calorie items, a very small
> container that says 1/4 of container 200 calories, servings 4, it always
> cracks me up.

Hmmm... I guess I just can't see how that would be funny.

Cheri[_3_] 22-02-2013 07:15 AM

servings per

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Hi Julie,
>>>
>>> Yes, I am easily amused at times.
>>>
>>> 1) 16 tablespoons per cup. That would be 4 cups of bacon. That is
>>> a lot of bacon!
>>>
>>> 2) Have you ever laughed at the servings per container on various
>>> packages? One can of soup serves one person, but the label says
>>> four. I have seen some pretty ridiculous servings per container
>>> before, but SIXTY FIVE? That takes the cake!
>>>
>>> 3) Remember how much you paid to read this.
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> -T
>>>

>> Yeah, they usually pull that with high calorie items, a very small
>> container that says 1/4 of container 200 calories, servings 4, it always
>> cracks me up.

> Hmmm... I guess I just can't see how that would be funny.

Not funny as in ha ha, but funny in "how stupid do they think we are" type
of funny.

Cheri

Todd 22-02-2013 10:13 PM

servings per

On 02/21/2013 10:15 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Yeah, they usually pull that with high calorie items, a very small
>>> container that says 1/4 of container 200 calories, servings 4, it
>>> always cracks me up.

>> Hmmm... I guess I just can't see how that would be funny.

> Not funny as in ha ha, but funny in "how stupid do they think we are"
> type of funny.
>
> Cheri

Hi Julie,

Think of it this way. Some things are only a little
amusing. But sometimes, a little, is enough. :-)

65 servings. chuckle, chuckle.

-T