Old 09-09-2012, 12:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Dinner Tonight

The last time I tested after beans and franks I was 89 at 2 hrs, that
was Joan of Arc chili beans tho, I don't add bbq sauce to it. I only eat
half of the beans and have the rest the next day, I'm not a glutton.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:01 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Pinto beans are much higher on the ORAC scale than white beans but they
both have about the same amount of soluble fiber, protein, vitamins and
minerals.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Colt T wrote:
: Pinto beans are much higher on the ORAC scale than white beans but they
: both have about the same amount of soluble fiber, protein, vitamins and
: minerals.

What meds do you take and what kind of exercise?

Wendy
Old 09-09-2012, 10:49 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" wrote in message
The last time I tested after beans and franks I was 89 at 2 hrs, that
was Joan of Arc chili beans tho, I don't add bbq sauce to it. I only eat
half of the beans and have the rest the next day, I'm not a glutton.

I love chili beans but most have so much sugar in them I can only eat two
bites at a time. I wish I could recreate that sauce with no sugar. But
I've yet to see a recipe.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:49 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Colt T" wrote in message
Pinto beans are much higher on the ORAC scale than white beans but they
both have about the same amount of soluble fiber, protein, vitamins and
minerals.

What is an ORAC scale?

Old 09-09-2012, 11:18 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Dinner Tonight Wendy

The only rx meds I take are for blood pressure. I do about 50 pushups
twice day, I did 102 today. Navy beans have the most fiber, a good bit
more than pintos.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Dinner Tonight Julie

It's a way of measuring the total antioxidants in foods, some of which
may do nothing in the human body. Spices have the highest rating, I
think clove is highest. I put a whole clove in when I make ice tea.