Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Mission Carb Balance Tortillas

I don't know what people have been buying, but the Mission Carb Balance
whole wheat tortillas I buy are marked "small - fajita" and are 80
calories each. They habe no transfats or cholesterol. Each tortilla
has 13g carbohydrates and 10g dietary fiber, making it 3 net grams per
tortilla.

I also know that they are DH meter-friendly. We don't eat a lot of them,
but it's nice to enjoy an occasional enchilada or two or a quesodia for
a quick meal. AAMOF, we'll be having spinach and mushroom quesodias for
dinner tonight with a salad.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

my system seems to adapt to these things and they will react eventually like
normal carbs

At first they work fine then they bring a delayed spike and eventually a
regular spike as if I ate a non low carb item.

so now if want a taco or tortilla I just eat one regular one and pile the
rest of my plate with lettuce and meat and cheese and eat it as a lettuce
wrap or if I'm lazy a salad..lol

KROM

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
eb.com...

I don't know what people have been buying, but the Mission Carb Balance
whole wheat tortillas I buy are marked "small - fajita" and are 80
calories each. They habe no transfats or cholesterol. Each tortilla
has 13g carbohydrates and 10g dietary fiber, making it 3 net grams per
tortilla.

I also know that they are DH meter-friendly. We don't eat a lot of them,
but it's nice to enjoy an occasional enchilada or two or a quesodia for
a quick meal. AAMOF, we'll be having spinach and mushroom quesodias for
dinner tonight with a salad.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I'll make and have 5 tacos Tue, 30 net gm of carbs from the shells, have
5 more Wed. It's the only time I eat much meat.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
>I don't know what people have been buying, but the Mission Carb Balance
>whole wheat tortillas I buy are marked "small - fajita" and are 80
>calories each. They habe no transfats or cholesterol. Each tortilla has
>13g carbohydrates and 10g dietary fiber, making it 3 net grams per
>tortilla.
>
> I also know that they are DH meter-friendly. We don't eat a lot of them,
> but it's nice to enjoy an occasional enchilada or two or a quesodia for a
> quick meal. AAMOF, we'll be having spinach and mushroom quesodias for
> dinner tonight with a salad.
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

The only problem I have with Mission Carb Balance is they stick to one
another. I wrote to the company with the complaint and received an answer ,
stating they were aware of the problem and working on fixing them...has that
problem been fixed yet?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Jacquie wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
>> I don't know what people have been buying, but the Mission Carb
>> Balance whole wheat tortillas I buy are marked "small - fajita" and
>> are 80 calories each. They habe no transfats or cholesterol. Each
>> tortilla has 13g carbohydrates and 10g dietary fiber, making it 3
>> net grams per tortilla.
>>
>> I also know that they are DH meter-friendly. We don't eat a lot of
>> them, but it's nice to enjoy an occasional enchilada or two or a
>> quesodia for a quick meal. AAMOF, we'll be having spinach and
>> mushroom quesodias for dinner tonight with a salad.
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
>>

> The only problem I have with Mission Carb Balance is they stick to one
> another. I wrote to the company with the complaint and received an
> answer , stating they were aware of the problem and working on fixing
> them...has that problem been fixed yet?

We had that problem with some of the gluten free ones. So we had to quit
buying them.

What I had for dinner tonight was from La Tortilla Factory. They are a mix
of yellow corn and wheat. I had three and some fat free refried beans.
Also raw baby carrots. BG was 100 before I ate and 122 at two hours later.
Some here would not like those numbers but they work for me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/28/2012 12:17 AM, Jacquie wrote:

> The only problem I have with Mission Carb Balance is they stick to one
> another. I wrote to the company with the complaint and received an
> answer , stating they were aware of the problem and working on fixing
> them...has that problem been fixed yet?

Keep them in the fridge. They don't seem to stick when cold.