Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default No Carb homemade "Miracle Whip"

After looking at the ingredients on the jar of Miracle Whip, I came up
with this version which
is pretty damn good and no carbs.

I used my stick blender.

In stick blender jar or mason pint jar put:

1 room temperature egg
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon or lime juice
1 1/2 tsp vinegar (white or apple cider, your choice)
1/2 packet stevia ( you can use whatever fake sugar you like)
1 cup oil
1/4 tsp paprika
dash of garlic powder
1/4 tsp xanthan gum

Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

Blend and taste to see if you need to adjust sweet or sour.

It blended up beautifully, creamy and thick. Let it chill in the
fridge. The flavor is
so much like the original Miracle Whip, I'll never pay big bucks for
that stuff again.

I added the xanthan gum because there is gums in the ingredients in
Miracle Whip and I figured it's needed to keep the vinegar and sugar
from breaking it down. Seemed to work just great.

I'm a mayonnaise person, but 'miracle whip' is useful for salad
dressings and other
places where you need a little more kick or sweet. And of course if
you have someone in your house who just HAS to have Miracle Whip
instead of mayo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 21, 1:01*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> After looking at the ingredients on the jar of Miracle Whip, I came up
> with this version which
> is pretty damn good and no carbs.
>
> I used my stick blender.
>
> In stick blender jar or mason pint jar put:
>
> 1 room temperature egg
> 1 tsp dry mustard
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 2 tsp lemon or lime juice
> 1 1/2 tsp vinegar (white or apple cider, your choice)
> 1/2 packet stevia ( you can use whatever fake sugar you like)
> 1 cup oil
> 1/4 tsp paprika
> dash of garlic powder
> 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
>
> Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
>
> Blend and taste to see if you need to adjust sweet or sour.
>
> It blended up beautifully, creamy and thick. * Let it chill in the
> fridge. *The flavor is
> so much like the original Miracle Whip, I'll never pay big bucks for
> that stuff again.
>
> I added the xanthan gum because there is gums in the ingredients in
> Miracle Whip and I figured it's needed to keep the vinegar and sugar
> from breaking it down. * Seemed to work just great.
>
> I'm a mayonnaise person, but 'miracle whip' is useful for salad
> dressings and other
> places where you need a little more kick or sweet. *And of course if
> you have someone in your house who just HAS to have Miracle Whip
> instead of mayo.

Used it last evening. Had friends for dinner and one of the things I
made was an old time Southern "salad" that my ex Father In Law
loved.

Butter lettuce as a bed, pears, very ripe and sliced thick on the
lettuce. A big dollop of the salad dressing and then topped with
shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

It kinda sounds weird, but it's actually quite delicious. I used to
make it for him with canned pears because that was what he
preferred. I prefer ripe, very ripe, pears fresh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 May 2011 13:01:41 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>After looking at the ingredients on the jar of Miracle Whip, I came up
>with this version which
>is pretty damn good and no carbs.
>
>I used my stick blender.
>
>In stick blender jar or mason pint jar put:
>
>1 room temperature egg
>1 tsp dry mustard
>1/2 tsp salt
>2 tsp lemon or lime juice
>1 1/2 tsp vinegar (white or apple cider, your choice)
>1/2 packet stevia ( you can use whatever fake sugar you like)
>1 cup oil
>1/4 tsp paprika
>dash of garlic powder
>1/4 tsp xanthan gum
>
>Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
>
>Blend and taste to see if you need to adjust sweet or sour.
>
>It blended up beautifully, creamy and thick. Let it chill in the
>fridge. The flavor is
>so much like the original Miracle Whip, I'll never pay big bucks for
>that stuff again.
>
>I added the xanthan gum because there is gums in the ingredients in
>Miracle Whip and I figured it's needed to keep the vinegar and sugar
>from breaking it down. Seemed to work just great.
>
>I'm a mayonnaise person, but 'miracle whip' is useful for salad
>dressings and other
>places where you need a little more kick or sweet. And of course if
>you have someone in your house who just HAS to have Miracle Whip
>instead of mayo.

Thanks! Saved in MC!
Member

I made something similar for dipping my hamburger patties in after they are grilled.
2 Tablespoon Mayonnaise,1/2 Tablespoon Mustard,1/2 packet of Splenda,Everyone at my house turns their nose up at it but it is delicious!!