Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Resolved the cat puking problem. (off topic)

I found the answer to scarf and barf!

My cat doesn't puke anymore since a few days on this regimen. She did
at first, but after she was on it for about a week, she stopped.

Here's what I do. Dry food is only given in tiny quantities at a
time, never left out for free feeding. Maybe two tablespoons at a
time, so she can never gorge on it.

Wet food (canned or fresh) given early in the morning or at dinner
time, and fresh chicken livers given almost every day around mid day.
At bed time I will put perhaps two tablespoons of dry food in her
dish. No more.

It's been about a month now without a single problem.

Once I ran out of raw chicken liver and went for two days without it,
and she puked again. Now I buy a big container of it, put about 4
livers in each ziploc bag and freeze them. I take a new bag out
every couple of days and let it thaw.

Believe me, I am happy about this! Told my son about it because he
has a puker also. He started the same regimen and his cat has
responded just like mine.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Well done, spread the word! I am sure there are lots of pukey cats out
there.

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> I found the answer to scarf and barf!
>
> My cat doesn't puke anymore since a few days on this regimen. She did
> at first, but after she was on it for about a week, she stopped.
>
> Here's what I do. Dry food is only given in tiny quantities at a
> time, never left out for free feeding. Maybe two tablespoons at a
> time, so she can never gorge on it.
>
> Wet food (canned or fresh) given early in the morning or at dinner
> time, and fresh chicken livers given almost every day around mid day.
> At bed time I will put perhaps two tablespoons of dry food in her
> dish. No more.
>
> It's been about a month now without a single problem.
>
> Once I ran out of raw chicken liver and went for two days without it,
> and she puked again. Now I buy a big container of it, put about 4
> livers in each ziploc bag and freeze them. I take a new bag out
> every couple of days and let it thaw.
>
> Believe me, I am happy about this! Told my son about it because he
> has a puker also. He started the same regimen and his cat has
> responded just like mine.
>
> Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/11/2012 3:27 PM, Evelyn wrote:
> I found the answer to scarf and barf!
>
> My cat doesn't puke anymore since a few days on this regimen. She did
> at first, but after she was on it for about a week, she stopped.
>
> Here's what I do. Dry food is only given in tiny quantities at a
> time, never left out for free feeding. Maybe two tablespoons at a
> time, so she can never gorge on it.
>
> Wet food (canned or fresh) given early in the morning or at dinner
> time, and fresh chicken livers given almost every day around mid day.
> At bed time I will put perhaps two tablespoons of dry food in her
> dish. No more.
>
> It's been about a month now without a single problem.
>
> Once I ran out of raw chicken liver and went for two days without it,
> and she puked again. Now I buy a big container of it, put about 4
> livers in each ziploc bag and freeze them. I take a new bag out
> every couple of days and let it thaw.
>
> Believe me, I am happy about this! Told my son about it because he
> has a puker also. He started the same regimen and his cat has
> responded just like mine.
>
> Evelyn

way to go Evelyn!!!!

when i was reading this, i thought Susan had written this and thought
"wow, Evelyn was right!"

i hope Susan finds resolution as well

kate