Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/11/2012 12:40 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
>> <sigh> Sensitivity training would be good for many people, including
>> me.
>> Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

> Bellatrix??

I'd like to think I am a shining star But I do love Helena Bonham
Carter (sp?).

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Tiger Lily > wrote:
>> On 1/11/2012 12:40 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
>> > <sigh> Sensitivity training would be good for many people,
>> > including
>> > me. Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

>> Bellatrix??
>>
>> or??

> I've never read or seen anything Harry Potterish.
>
> I was referring to Doctora Lambastaka.

Doesn't ring a bell and the only other reference online is from you a
few years ago, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> >> This is SO bad a time for news.individual.net to NOT be sending me
> >> messages and you are on the SAME service, Susan.
> >>
> >> With all respect, i truly didn't read what you are saying was
> >> intended........ Ask anyone i know......... i call 'em as i see's 'em
> >> and........ i'll often ask folks in RL "do you REALLY want an answer
> >> THAT question?, think before you ask.........."
> >>
> >> i can only speak of what i believe is honest, and with respect for
> >> all
> >> parties

> > In over 20 years of wedded bliss, I have only asked my wife once, "Do
> > you
> > really want to know?"

> And did she? lol

The question related to several decades before we met. And no, she didn't.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> > On 1/11/2012 12:40 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> >> <sigh> Sensitivity training would be good for many people, including
> >> me.
> >> Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

> > Bellatrix??

> I'd like to think I am a shining star But I do love Helena Bonham
> Carter (sp?).

Who? Has she played in any Monty Python productions?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > Tiger Lily > wrote:
> >>
> >> Bellatrix??
> >>
> >> or??

> > I've never read or seen anything Harry Potterish.
> >
> > I was referring to Doctora Lambastaka.

> Doesn't ring a bell and the only other reference online is from you a
> few years ago, lol.

Those were the days, my dear. <sigh>

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:45:59 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:34:31 +1000, "Ozgirl"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone still want to tell me the phase ONLY means to euthanise?

>> As applied to animals? Yes.

>And the proof of that statement is where?

That is the only way I have ever heard it used...... in the USA. I
grant you that it might be used differently where you are from, but
here, that is the only way it would be interpreted. And by the way,
you know I have no part in this argument, but I felt I should explain
the usage here in the USA.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:22:37 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>> On 1/10/2012 7:25 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>> No but if someone told me it had another meaning then for sure I
>>> would
>>> be not only checking but apologising

>> and then there was the day Ratty started a.s.d.uk
>>
>> and someone spoke of a 'fanny pack'
>>
>> giggle
>>
>> i'll never forget THAT discussion, with NO ONE wanting to explain to
>> the OP what was 'heard'
>>
>> countries divided by a common language

>Yet in this case it is not. Its a case of a few people not having heard
>the phrase in any way other than meaning to put down an animal. So
>therefore it can't mean anything else.

I am 70 years old and have read and spoken American English all my
life. That is honestly the only way I have ever heard the expression
used. But if you didn't mean it that way, and say that it is used
differently where you come from, I believe you.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:45:12 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> [...]

>"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>

>> "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:24:56 +1000, "Ozgirl"

>>> The usage is not correct. The definitions you provided that related
>>> to animals involved killing them. Unless you're wanting to argue that
>>> a cat would feel better if they were told who won the tournament, or
>>> if they were given the information they were waiting for.

>> The cat may feel better if "You could try probiotics. If you are going
>> to traumatise him by getting T4 blood tests why not have him sedated and
>> given a 5 minute ultrasound to see if there is something seriously
>> wrong? Trauma is trauma no matter what. Skittish or not, the cat needs
>> proper evaluation of his health not you playing around with his diet all
>> the time. You were obviously able to control him to have his blood test,
>> you can surely control him to have sedation."
>>
>> The cat has a vomiting problem, the cat probably feels miserable, the cat
>> could (possibly) be put out of its misery if the cat were given probiotics
>> or given an ultrasound to see the true state of his guts. Is that
>> unacceptable to you? But I can't stop you from believing I am an advocate
>> for cat killing, just because... You are free to paint me however you wish
>> BlueBrooke. Its your right.
>>
>>> When you tell someone you're giving them "a buck," they know you're
>>> not about to hand over a male deer. When you tell someone to "put the
>>> animal out of its misery," they know you're not telling them to have a
>>> meaningful, information-filled conversation with it.
>>>
>>> I don't know if you're "guilty of a shameful act" or not. Only you
>>> know that. All I know is you're wrong about the usage -- "in
>>> context" -- and yet continue to argue that you're not. "In context,"
>>> the animal is put down.

>> The context I am talking about is : "And how about putting that poor cat
>> out
>> of yours out of its misery. You could try probiotics. If you are going
>> to traumatise him by getting T4 blood tests why not have him sedated and
>> given a 5 minute ultrasound to see if there is something seriously
>> wrong? Trauma is trauma no matter what. Skittish or not, the cat needs
>> proper evaluation of his health not you playing around with his diet all
>> the time. You were obviously able to control him to have his blood test,
>> you can surely control him to have sedation."
>>
>> Talking about putting the cat out of its misery as a stand alone
>> statement. i.e. ignoring what immediately follows in the paragraph is
>> talking out of context.
>> Not a hard thing to understand.
>> "con·text/'käntekst/
>> Noun:The circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or
>> idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.
>> **********The parts of something written or spoken that immediately
>> precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning."*********

>I think she just wants to be another dogpiler.

This is now your new favorite word?

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 00:57:59 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 1/10/2012 11:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> That might be acceptable but... I am not supposed to say that I don't like
>> something. So I don't know if it would be acceptable for*you* to say that
>> I don't like something.

>eeeeeewwwwwwwww, that's DISGUSTING i would NEVER eat that, it's too
>slimey and i can't stand it, it makes me want to GACK and PUKE
>
>sorry, Julie, bit of a difference on what you think folks were frowning
>upon and what you see/saw/think

Exactly.

There is a difference between simply stating you don't care for
something and going into all that about it.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> >
>> > Bellatrix??

>> I'd like to think I am a shining star But I do love Helena Bonham
>> Carter (sp?).

> Who? Has she played in any Monty Python productions?

Not sure without looking it up but Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland
(with Johnny Depp) and the delightful Mrs Bucket in Charlie and The
Chocolate Factory (also with Johnny Depp) to name a small few. She has
been in a lot of movies with Johnny Depp. I haven't really liked him in
anything other than Edward Scissorhands and What's Eating Gilbert Grape
(first time I ever saw Leonardo DiCaprio). Actually just remembered
Benny and Joon, I liked him in that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:45:59 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>

>>"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:34:31 +1000, "Ozgirl"

>>> As applied to animals? Yes.

>>And the proof of that statement is where?

> That is the only way I have ever heard it used...... in the USA. I
> grant you that it might be used differently where you are from, but
> here, that is the only way it would be interpreted. And by the way,
> you know I have no part in this argument, but I felt I should explain
> the usage here in the USA.
>
> Evelyn

Thank you and yes I do understand that you and others might have only
had experience with that but I have explained that was not my intent and
yet it isn't good enough. If I was nasty enough to suggest someone put
their pet down I wouldn't back away from my views. The statement would
still stand. And I definitely wouldn't have suggested ways and means to
relieve the pet's misery or discomfort.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-o-archive: yes

On 1/10/2012 10:38 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:

> i've been studiously avoiding this conversation
>
> may i comment with love and honesty?
>
> why don't you do XXX AND try probiotics was what i had read as the
> thread was being revealed in RL
>
> if you follow the thread lines, it gets horribly confusing and doesn't
> follow the intention behind the lines
>
> Jan had been trying to talk about the benefits of probiotics for IBS and
> such......... i know she is an advocate for animals as well as people,
> and i would be mortified if i thought for 1 second that she was telling
> you to 'just kill your cat'...... that's not the lady i've known for
> over a decade, in some very real and very difficult times (mine)
>
> i respect both of you in your own ways, and i shall choose to not say
> anything further........ i don't know how to fix this

Just so I have this straight; the rule is that we all get subjected to
obsessive stalking and name calling until I fall in line and feed my cat
yogurt?

Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:22:37 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:

>>> and then there was the day Ratty started a.s.d.uk
>>>
>>> and someone spoke of a 'fanny pack'
>>>
>>> giggle
>>>
>>> i'll never forget THAT discussion, with NO ONE wanting to explain to
>>> the OP what was 'heard'
>>>
>>> countries divided by a common language

>>Yet in this case it is not. Its a case of a few people not having
>>heard
>>the phrase in any way other than meaning to put down an animal. So
>>therefore it can't mean anything else.

> I am 70 years old and have read and spoken American English all my
> life. That is honestly the only way I have ever heard the expression
> used. But if you didn't mean it that way, and say that it is used
> differently where you come from, I believe you.

Its not just my word, I did provide concrete evidence that there are two
meanings to this idiom.
I prefer people not to take me at my word in a case like this and check
up themselves. If it meant only one thing it wouldn't be necessary to
give it two meanings.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Susan" > wrote in message
> x-o-archive: yes
>
> On 1/10/2012 10:38 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
>
>> i've been studiously avoiding this conversation
>>
>> may i comment with love and honesty?
>>
>> why don't you do XXX AND try probiotics was what i had read as the
>> thread was being revealed in RL
>>
>> if you follow the thread lines, it gets horribly confusing and
>> doesn't
>> follow the intention behind the lines
>>
>> Jan had been trying to talk about the benefits of probiotics for IBS
>> and
>> such......... i know she is an advocate for animals as well as
>> people,
>> and i would be mortified if i thought for 1 second that she was
>> telling
>> you to 'just kill your cat'...... that's not the lady i've known for
>> over a decade, in some very real and very difficult times (mine)
>>
>> i respect both of you in your own ways, and i shall choose to not say
>> anything further........ i don't know how to fix this
>>

> Just so I have this straight; the rule is that we all get subjected to
> obsessive stalking and name calling until I fall in line and feed my
> cat yogurt?

Did someone mention yoghurt? In what way were you stalked? Who said who
was ****ed in the head? Who told you to fall into line? I mentioned
months ago probiotics were good for healing guts especially for people
with IBS, then whaddya know your own vet thinks Jasper might have IBS.
And whaddya know a lot of vets prescribe probiotics. Surely better to
try probiotics first instead of prednisone?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:45:29 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Susan" > wrote in message
>> x-o-archive: yes
>>
>> On 1/10/2012 10:38 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
>>
>>> i've been studiously avoiding this conversation
>>>
>>> may i comment with love and honesty?
>>>
>>> why don't you do XXX AND try probiotics was what i had read as the
>>> thread was being revealed in RL
>>>
>>> if you follow the thread lines, it gets horribly confusing and
>>> doesn't
>>> follow the intention behind the lines
>>>
>>> Jan had been trying to talk about the benefits of probiotics for IBS
>>> and
>>> such......... i know she is an advocate for animals as well as
>>> people,
>>> and i would be mortified if i thought for 1 second that she was
>>> telling
>>> you to 'just kill your cat'...... that's not the lady i've known for
>>> over a decade, in some very real and very difficult times (mine)
>>>
>>> i respect both of you in your own ways, and i shall choose to not say
>>> anything further........ i don't know how to fix this
>>>

>> Just so I have this straight; the rule is that we all get subjected to
>> obsessive stalking and name calling until I fall in line and feed my
>> cat yogurt?

>Did someone mention yoghurt? In what way were you stalked? Who said who
>was ****ed in the head? Who told you to fall into line? I mentioned
>months ago probiotics were good for healing guts especially for people
>with IBS, then whaddya know your own vet thinks Jasper might have IBS.
>And whaddya know a lot of vets prescribe probiotics. Surely better to
>try probiotics first instead of prednisone?

Ozgirl, you have got to know when to quit a fruitless battle! Susan
is not listening to your advice. Not because your advice is no good,
but because the conversation has escalated into a situation involving
too much anger and misunderstanding on both sides for anyone involved
to take anyone elses non-professional, newsgroup advice!

Susan's got a good vet and the vet has better credentials to treat the
cat than either you or I, and probably of Susan either. We should
all let them pursue whatever course the vet thinks is a good plan.

There are millions of cats who get no medical care, die in shelters
yearly, for no fault of their own. I cannot see getting worked up
over a cat that is loved, fed well, vetted regularly, and treated with
good will!

Prednisone happened to have once saved my life, so although I share
your dislike of the medication, there are times when it can help.

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:45:29 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Susan" > wrote in message
>>> x-o-archive: yes

>>> Just so I have this straight; the rule is that we all get subjected
>>> obsessive stalking and name calling until I fall in line and feed my
>>> cat yogurt?

>>Did someone mention yoghurt? In what way were you stalked? Who said
>>who
>>was ****ed in the head? Who told you to fall into line? I mentioned
>>months ago probiotics were good for healing guts especially for people
>>with IBS, then whaddya know your own vet thinks Jasper might have IBS.
>>And whaddya know a lot of vets prescribe probiotics. Surely better to
>>try probiotics first instead of prednisone?

> Ozgirl, you have got to know when to quit a fruitless battle! Susan
> is not listening to your advice. Not because your advice is no good,
> but because the conversation has escalated into a situation involving
> too much anger and misunderstanding on both sides for anyone involved
> to take anyone elses non-professional, newsgroup advice!
>
> Susan's got a good vet and the vet has better credentials to treat the
> cat than either you or I, and probably of Susan either. We should
> all let them pursue whatever course the vet thinks is a good plan.
>
> There are millions of cats who get no medical care, die in shelters
> yearly, for no fault of their own. I cannot see getting worked up
> over a cat that is loved, fed well, vetted regularly, and treated with
> good will!
>
> Prednisone happened to have once saved my life, so although I share
> your dislike of the medication, there are times when it can help.

Believe it or not I don't have anything against prednisone either, it
has saved Jasmine's life a small few times. I wouldn't advocate it
without a very good reason though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 01:34:07 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:45:29 +1000, "Ozgirl"
>> > wrote:

>>>Did someone mention yoghurt? In what way were you stalked? Who said
>>>who
>>>was ****ed in the head? Who told you to fall into line? I mentioned
>>>months ago probiotics were good for healing guts especially for people
>>>with IBS, then whaddya know your own vet thinks Jasper might have IBS.
>>>And whaddya know a lot of vets prescribe probiotics. Surely better to
>>>try probiotics first instead of prednisone?

>> Ozgirl, you have got to know when to quit a fruitless battle! Susan
>> is not listening to your advice. Not because your advice is no good,
>> but because the conversation has escalated into a situation involving
>> too much anger and misunderstanding on both sides for anyone involved
>> to take anyone elses non-professional, newsgroup advice!
>>
>> Susan's got a good vet and the vet has better credentials to treat the
>> cat than either you or I, and probably of Susan either. We should
>> all let them pursue whatever course the vet thinks is a good plan.
>>
>> There are millions of cats who get no medical care, die in shelters
>> yearly, for no fault of their own. I cannot see getting worked up
>> over a cat that is loved, fed well, vetted regularly, and treated with
>> good will!
>>
>> Prednisone happened to have once saved my life, so although I share
>> your dislike of the medication, there are times when it can help.

>Believe it or not I don't have anything against prednisone either, it
>has saved Jasmine's life a small few times. I wouldn't advocate it
>without a very good reason though.

Absolutely. I am sure that all alternatives were weighed carefully
before deciding on that course.

You sometimes just have to rely on professionals who see and treat far
more animals than we ever could in our personal experience.

No matter what the opinions are, the people involved are the best ones
to do that.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/11/2012 1:26 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> In over 20 years of wedded bliss, I have only asked my wife once, "Do you
> really want to know?"

grin

hubby and i speak openly, and with love

i'm not saying we agree all the time, i'm saying we speak openly and
with love

if we don't feel that our mood will allow us to speak with love, we walk
away........... and the other party is NOT allowed to push
further....... but, the person who walked away has 24 hours to come back
to the conversation and speak openly and with love

i think we've had 2 times where either one of us has walked away

lol

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/11/2012 1:31 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> I was referring to Doctora Lambastaka.

grin
http://www.kitchencookingrecipes.com...h-dates-2.html

'only registered users can see links'

i'm still no further ahead

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/11/2012 1:57 AM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Jeremy, blast from the past. I didn't bring his addy over from an old
> computer (which got accidentally tossed out - don't ask, anything can
> happen in this house). Is he ok? Give him my email address.

i'll try......... he's had to make a few moves in the past couple of
years, and it's been a few months since he's zipped into chat to update us

he finally 'get's the diet thing' after seeing a nutritionist "you guys
were right, that's exactly what she told me to do! i should have listened"

he's losing weight, but the complications aren't so good, unfortunately

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/11/2012 1:59 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>> On 1/10/2012 11:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> That might be acceptable but... I am not supposed to say that I don't
>>> like
>>> something. So I don't know if it would be acceptable for*you* to say
>>> that
>>> I don't like something.

>> eeeeeewwwwwwwww, that's DISGUSTING i would NEVER eat that, it's too
>> slimey and i can't stand it, it makes me want to GACK and PUKE

> Here's a pukey bucket. Actually I use empty ice cream containers, keep a
> few hidden away in cupboards around the house. Good thing is you can
> toss them out afterwards.

lol, love it

kate (i just use a plastic waste basket and dump it out)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/11/2012 8:43 AM, Evelyn wrote:
>>> I want to say.... why can't we all just get along? Forget I asked
>> >
>> >You mean you want to kill us?

> LOL!
>
> Evelyn

oh good, i didn't have to say it, someone else did.......... or, was
.......... shut up! LOL

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/11/2012 7:19 AM, Susan wrote:
> x-o-archive: yes
>
> On 1/10/2012 10:38 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
>
>> i've been studiously avoiding this conversation
>>
>> may i comment with love and honesty?
>>
>> why don't you do XXX AND try probiotics was what i had read as the
>> thread was being revealed in RL
>>
>> if you follow the thread lines, it gets horribly confusing and doesn't
>> follow the intention behind the lines
>>
>> Jan had been trying to talk about the benefits of probiotics for IBS and
>> such......... i know she is an advocate for animals as well as people,
>> and i would be mortified if i thought for 1 second that she was telling
>> you to 'just kill your cat'...... that's not the lady i've known for
>> over a decade, in some very real and very difficult times (mine)
>>
>> i respect both of you in your own ways, and i shall choose to not say
>> anything further........ i don't know how to fix this
>>

> Just so I have this straight; the rule is that we all get subjected to
> obsessive stalking and name calling until I fall in line and feed my cat
> yogurt?
>
> Susan

oh boy, not anything like what i was saying

over and out!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Rescue Remedy

On 1/11/2012 7:23 AM, Susan wrote:
>> no, i don't know what is in rescue remedy, i asked the vet for Valium
>> for my dogs when they needed sedation
>>

> Actually, the vet's tech suggested that I put some in the water bowl. I
> have no faith in homeopathy, but looked for it yesterday and will look
> for it again today after my nursing visit.
>
> Susan

I'll ask the doggie group if you would like. There are ladies over
there who have been rescuing dogs for decades, and often these dogs come
from a bad situation and need to be 'readjusted' to a more normal
life......... it's called rescue remedy as it solves these issues (see
rescue dogs)

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-no-archive: yse

On 1/11/2012 1:08 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:

> On 1/11/2012 7:23 AM, Susan wrote:

I didn't write the paragraph immediately below:
>>> no, i don't know what is in rescue remedy, i asked the vet for Valium
>>> for my dogs when they needed sedation

I wrote the below paragraph.

>> Actually, the vet's tech suggested that I put some in the water bowl. I
>> have no faith in homeopathy, but looked for it yesterday and will look
>> for it again today after my nursing visit.
>>
>> Susan

> I'll ask the doggie group if you would like. There are ladies over there
> who have been rescuing dogs for decades, and often these dogs come from
> a bad situation and need to be 'readjusted' to a more normal
> life......... it's called rescue remedy as it solves these issues (see
> rescue dogs)

I don't have a dog, but there's no harm in putting it in the water and
seeing what happens, so I'll go to the HFS to get some. My cats showed
immediate improved calmness with the Feliway defuser and the spray.

Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/11/2012 11:16 AM, Susan wrote:
> I don't have a dog, but there's no harm in putting it in the water and
> seeing what happens, so I'll go to the HFS to get some. My cats showed
> immediate improved calmness with the Feliway defuser and the spray.
>
> Susan

i've never tried the defuser, but read about it with interest when you
first posted

Rescue remedy is used for a wide variety of pets from birds to cats to
dogs to..... My connection is via the dog end of the pet world. iirc
one of the ladies used rescue remedy for a baby goat (kid)

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/9/2012 2:02 AM, Bjørn Steensrud wrote:
> There is a movement to reform the breeding of GSDs, toward the
> "old style" dogs with straight backs, higher set tails[0] and healthy hips.
> I hope they make it. It's vital to influence the dog show judges and the
> judging standard, so that traits detrimental to the dog are not rewarded in
> the show ring.
>
> A fellow cat breeder asked a breeder of Persian cats why they bred such
> monsters (at one point some cats had trouble eating and breathing, they
> still have problems with tear ducts) and the answer was "Because the judges
> want them that way".
>
> Change the breed standard and beat up on the judges, the rest of the
> breeders will follow.

you got it Bjorn!

i loved the Alsatian GSD from the 50's

it hurts to look at today's standard

the breed clubs get together nationally and then go to the kennel clubs
with the standard they want to have approved

this is why you may find a 'standard' in one country isn't the same in
another country

of course, when everyone wants to go to Westminster or Crufts or......
there has to be some breed consistency between countries

i left a breed club because the 'President' had a move underfoot to
change the breed standard to.......... dogs that looked like hers!!! odd
how that happens........ i was told i should have stayed to be part of
the vocal opposition, but... i just didn't want to go there

too many politics!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> IBS is reactionary.

Not in humans, it's not. Maybe IBS means something different in cats,
but in humans IBS is at least partly, if not wholly, neurological.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> >> And WTF? You killfiled me. Please don't respond to me unless you know
> >> WTF you are talking about.

> > I killfiled you in a.s.d.
> >
> > And I stand by what I said.

> You can KF by NG? I can't!

I use MT-NewsWatcher, which is a newsreader for Mac.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/11/2012 12:21 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> Actually, Evelyn, I hear that all the time. What makes it a nap instead
> of the long sleep is that it's a baby, not an animal.
>
> PP

whew, i was scared to say this

brb, gotta put the baby down!

??

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/11/2012 12:21 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
>> Actually, Evelyn, I hear that all the time. What makes it a nap instead
>> of the long sleep is that it's a baby, not an animal.
>>
>> PP

> whew, i was scared to say this
>
> brb, gotta put the baby down!
>
> ??
>
> kate

If I say I have to put my dog down, does anyone assume that it's off my lap
onto the floor? I don't think so. LOL

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Ozgirl > wrote:
[...]
> Replace bigot with Susan and you have a perfect description of you. I
> have shown ample proof in this thread that the phrase "put out of
> misery" has another meaning other than being euthanised, and in American
> dictionaries also. Not to mention the context I used it in. So get off
> your high horse, again....

Well, I don't dispute the bigot bit, not the high horse bit, but I
think this episode can safely be chalked up to your opponent's sheer
stupidity.

--
Frank Slootweg
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

the top 10 Google results I get are to kill..

anyhoo I was simply explaining a truth..that to most of the planet it means
to kill..take it for whatever you wish.

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message
> sorry ozgirl but "put it out of its misery" has always meant to kill it
> here and I've heard it used in UK movies in the euthanize context.
>
> put "what does put it out of its misery mean?" into a Google search bar
> and see the result.
>
> its very easy to take something a person says wrong..so lets be careful
> when taking a idiom wrong in others because we will eventually do it
> ourselves.
>
> KROM

In my country an ass is not a butt. Should I take Americans literally
when they say ass? I accept what Americans use in that context, can it
be possible that Americans can accept different word/phrase usages from
others? Especially when the context was there, i.e. followed by a list
of possible ways to relieve said misery. Instead of a call of Ozgirl
suggests I kill my cat! How about, Ozgirl, are you saying I should kill
my cat? Nope, kangaroo trial instead. Tolerance for differences at its
best, but yet... the phrase means more than just to kill even in
America. Not my problem if people in here haven't experienced it. Not my
problem that people refuse to check it into properly. Google: "define:
put out of misery".

"http://www.writersevents.com/Words_Starting_with_P/put_ones_foot_down_put_something_together/put_someone_or_something_out_of_their_misery_defin ition.html
Idiom: put someone or something out of their misery
To ****relieve them***** from their physical suffering or their mental
anguish.
To kill (an animal that is in great pain)." (American)

"http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/put-sb-out-of-their-misery
to stop someone worrying, usually by giving them information that they
have been waiting for" (British)

"http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/put+someone+out+of+his+or+her+misery
Kill a wounded or suffering animal or person, as in When a horse breaks
a leg, there is nothing to do but put it out of its misery . [Late
1700s]

End someone's feeling of suspense, as in Tell them who won the
tournament; put them out of their misery . [c. 1920] *******Both usages
employ put out of in the sense of "extricate" or "free from."********"
(American)

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+out+of+misery
Put (one) out of (one's) misery
1. Euph. Fig. to kill someone as an act of mercy. Why doesn't the doctor
simply put her out of her misery? He took pills to put himself out of
his misery.
2. Fig. to end a suspenseful situation for someone. Please, put me out
of misery; what happened? I put her out of her misery and told her how
the movie ended.
See also: misery, out, put
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of ****************American Idioms*************
and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

Anyone still want to tell me the phase ONLY means to euthanise?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"Ozlover" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl > wrote:
> [...]
>> Replace bigot with Susan and you have a perfect description of you. I
>> have shown ample proof in this thread that the phrase "put out of
>> misery" has another meaning other than being euthanised, and in American
>> dictionaries also. Not to mention the context I used it in. So get off
>> your high horse, again....

> Well, I don't dispute the bigot bit, not the high horse bit, but I
> think this episode can safely be chalked up to your opponent's sheer
> stupidity.
>
> --
> Frank Slootweg

This is where I feel blessed in not lurking often enough to know what this
latest hoo ha is about....

Henry.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

you know I luv ya but you can see its a slippery slope to go nuts over "wah
lah" and stand firm when we all say its meaningless here but defend your put
of of its misery when it means something bad here?

as Wendy said dont let your hatred of Susan take you off the rails..

I say we from now on state if something has a different meaning to people
and try to respect that.

to me wah lah is perfectly fine but I would avoid saying it if it offends
you..simple as that

it is a fact that if you told a person her to put their injured animal out
of its misery you'd get a VERY negative reaction..or worse their kid or
loved one.

"Oh your grandmas sick?..put her out of her misery"...

that would be bad

imagine if "bright faced" here was a compliment and a insult there and
people kept saying what a bright faced family you have

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:45:59 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>

>>"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:34:31 +1000, "Ozgirl"

>>> As applied to animals? Yes.

>>And the proof of that statement is where?

> That is the only way I have ever heard it used...... in the USA. I
> grant you that it might be used differently where you are from, but
> here, that is the only way it would be interpreted. And by the way,
> you know I have no part in this argument, but I felt I should explain
> the usage here in the USA.
>
> Evelyn

Thank you and yes I do understand that you and others might have only
had experience with that but I have explained that was not my intent and
yet it isn't good enough. If I was nasty enough to suggest someone put
their pet down I wouldn't back away from my views. The statement would
still stand. And I definitely wouldn't have suggested ways and means to
relieve the pet's misery or discomfort.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> Cats do puke sometimes. My cat does too. The vet has no idea what
> the cause is, I have switched food lots of times, always to top
> quality brands, and yes.... I have given her yogurt.... and the best
> reason I can come up with is that she tends to eat too much dry food
> at once too fast.

That even has a name: "scarf 'n' barf" One of mine does this.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: In article >,
: Evelyn > wrote:

: > On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:08:19 +1000, "Ozgirl"
: > > wrote:

If I were holding my cat and had to do something I might wel say, "Wait, I
have to put my cat down and I will be right with you." In that context no
one would think I was about to shoot the cat:-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>
>> IBS is reactionary.

> Not in humans, it's not. Maybe IBS means something different in cats,
> but in humans IBS is at least partly, if not wholly, neurological.

What? Not necessarily!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:43:15 -0500, Peppermint Patootie
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Evelyn > wrote:
>
>> Cats do puke sometimes. My cat does too. The vet has no idea what
>> the cause is, I have switched food lots of times, always to top
>> quality brands, and yes.... I have given her yogurt.... and the best
>> reason I can come up with is that she tends to eat too much dry food
>> at once too fast.

>That even has a name: "scarf 'n' barf" One of mine does this.
>
>PP

I will have to remember that.... "scarf and barf" LOL! Apparently it
isn't all that unique.

I have found a few things help. First of all is feeding them chicken
livers raw every day or so. Not much, just a half a liver for each
cat around noonish or when we eat our own lunch. It is a great treat
to them.

We feed one can of food to them both, twice a day. (that's one can
for two cats). As for the dry food, the one cat never eats the stuff
and would starve to death first. The other cat (the puker) loves it
and will go up to the bowl and meow for some. I wait till she ASKS
for dry food, and I put just a tiny bit in the bowl for her. She eats
that little bit, and doesn't get overly full or puke that way.

If I am careful of these things we have no puking.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:43:15 -0500, Peppermint Patootie
> > wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> Evelyn > wrote:
>>
>>> Cats do puke sometimes. My cat does too. The vet has no idea what
>>> the cause is, I have switched food lots of times, always to top
>>> quality brands, and yes.... I have given her yogurt.... and the best
>>> reason I can come up with is that she tends to eat too much dry food
>>> at once too fast.

>>That even has a name: "scarf 'n' barf" One of mine does this.
>>
>>PP

> I will have to remember that.... "scarf and barf" LOL! Apparently it
> isn't all that unique.

Just so you know... That cute-ism is applied to bulimia.

> I have found a few things help. First of all is feeding them chicken
> livers raw every day or so. Not much, just a half a liver for each
> cat around noonish or when we eat our own lunch. It is a great treat
> to them.
>
> We feed one can of food to them both, twice a day. (that's one can
> for two cats). As for the dry food, the one cat never eats the stuff
> and would starve to death first. The other cat (the puker) loves it
> and will go up to the bowl and meow for some. I wait till she ASKS
> for dry food, and I put just a tiny bit in the bowl for her. She eats
> that little bit, and doesn't get overly full or puke that way.
>
> If I am careful of these things we have no puking.

Maui's puking was entirely from her thyroid.