Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default eggnog

I have been toying with the idea of making my own eggnog this year for
Christmas eve and day so the calories wont matter but I still don’t want it
to spike my bg.

I found a recipe that sounded good that was pretty simple..off the top of my
head it was a cup of milk and half a cup cream and 6 egg yolks and a cup
sugar of which I would sub and spices like cloves and cinnamon and nutmeg at
end

you cook it all in two steps of which I cant remember but its cooked the
cooled and drank like the next day.

anyone attempt to make this with a sugar sub and any thoughts on which would
be good..would a cooling one like erythritol matter in a cold drink?

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I have been toying with the idea of making my own eggnog this year for
>Christmas eve and day so the calories wont matter but I still don’t want it
>to spike my bg.
>
> I found a recipe that sounded good that was pretty simple..off the top of
> my head it was a cup of milk and half a cup cream and 6 egg yolks and a
> cup sugar of which I would sub and spices like cloves and cinnamon and
> nutmeg at end
>
> you cook it all in two steps of which I cant remember but its cooked the
> cooled and drank like the next day.
>
> anyone attempt to make this with a sugar sub and any thoughts on which
> would be good..would a cooling one like erythritol matter in a cold drink?
>
> KROM

Buy a bottle of DaVinci Sugar Free Eggnog flavor, and mix with a little
cream and water using immersion blender to thicken a bit.
Pour over ice. Simple and good, but maybe you want something more special
for Christmas.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Sounds like custard I didn't realise you cooked eggnog. I thought it
was a warmed up version of egg flip (raw eggs beaten in milk with a bit
of vanilla and sugar to taste).

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I have been toying with the idea of making my own eggnog this year for
> Christmas eve and day so the calories wont matter but I still don’t
> want it to spike my bg.
>
> I found a recipe that sounded good that was pretty simple..off the top
> of my head it was a cup of milk and half a cup cream and 6 egg yolks
> and a cup sugar of which I would sub and spices like cloves and
> cinnamon and nutmeg at end
>
> you cook it all in two steps of which I cant remember but its cooked
> the cooled and drank like the next day.
>
> anyone attempt to make this with a sugar sub and any thoughts on which
> would be good..would a cooling one like erythritol matter in a cold
> drink?
>
> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:
: Sounds like custard I didn't realise you cooked eggnog. I thought it
: was a warmed up version of egg flip (raw eggs beaten in milk with a bit
: of vanilla and sugar to taste).

Nut meg, alwasy nutmeg and some kind of liquor, from bourbon to brandy or
rum:-)

Wendy
: "KROM" > wrote in message
: ...
: > I have been toying with the idea of making my own eggnog this year for
: > Christmas eve and day so the calories wont matter but I still don?t
: > want it to spike my bg.
: >
: > I found a recipe that sounded good that was pretty simple..off the top
: > of my head it was a cup of milk and half a cup cream and 6 egg yolks
: > and a cup sugar of which I would sub and spices like cloves and
: > cinnamon and nutmeg at end
: >
: > you cook it all in two steps of which I cant remember but its cooked
: > the cooled and drank like the next day.
: >
: > anyone attempt to make this with a sugar sub and any thoughts on which
: > would be good..would a cooling one like erythritol matter in a cold
: > drink?
: >
: > KROM
: >
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

there are several ways to make it and its still the nog, some cooked some
not, Lee
"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Sounds like custard I didn't realise you cooked eggnog. I thought it
> was a warmed up version of egg flip (raw eggs beaten in milk with a bit of
> vanilla and sugar to taste).
>
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> I have been toying with the idea of making my own eggnog this year for
>> Christmas eve and day so the calories wont matter but I still don’t want
>> it to spike my bg.
>>
>> I found a recipe that sounded good that was pretty simple..off the top of
>> my head it was a cup of milk and half a cup cream and 6 egg yolks and a
>> cup sugar of which I would sub and spices like cloves and cinnamon and
>> nutmeg at end
>>
>> you cook it all in two steps of which I cant remember but its cooked the
>> cooled and drank like the next day.
>>
>> anyone attempt to make this with a sugar sub and any thoughts on which
>> would be good..would a cooling one like erythritol matter in a cold
>> drink?
>>
>> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

yeah I wanted to try a few old fashioned home made items this Christmas..

KROM

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
>I have been toying with the idea of making my own eggnog this year for
>Christmas eve and day so the calories wont matter but I still don’t want it
>to spike my bg.
>
> I found a recipe that sounded good that was pretty simple..off the top of
> my head it was a cup of milk and half a cup cream and 6 egg yolks and a
> cup sugar of which I would sub and spices like cloves and cinnamon and
> nutmeg at end
>
> you cook it all in two steps of which I cant remember but its cooked the
> cooled and drank like the next day.
>
> anyone attempt to make this with a sugar sub and any thoughts on which
> would be good..would a cooling one like erythritol matter in a cold drink?
>
> KROM

Buy a bottle of DaVinci Sugar Free Eggnog flavor, and mix with a little
cream and water using immersion blender to thicken a bit.
Pour over ice. Simple and good, but maybe you want something more special
for Christmas.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

a really lot of desserts begin with eggs sugar milk and vanilla..lol

toss in flour of various amounts and you got pancakes and cake..lol

but yes you can do it raw but safety you cook the yolks in the milk with the
spices and sugar and at the last add cream and vanilla and nutmeg to the
cooled egg mix

KROM

Eggnog, again ViLco General Cooking 17 11-12-2010 03:02 AM
Eggnog camrodri General 2 02-05-2009 05:14 AM
Eggnog International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 22-12-2005 04:33 AM
Eggnog Dennis Carr General 3 21-01-2004 11:58 AM