Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default My low carb dessert didn't go over well.

I haven't tried it yet. But it smelled good and the strawberries were very
sweet!

I realized that I only had a Tablespoon of good butter. The other butter I
had was badly expired. So I used a Tablespoon of Nucoa. The pecan layer
looked and smelled very good. I suspect that I will like that part. Angela
did not. Not at all. Nope.

I did make some changes to the strawberry layer. For one thing cream cheese
seems to be sold in 4 or 8 oz. blocks. The recipe called for 6 oz. I just
put in the whole 8 oz. I also put a few more strawberries in it and I
whipped them into the mixture. I did slice 4 berries and put those on top
at one end of the pan. That was going to be my portion. But Angela saw the
berries and freaked. She hates chunks of berries.

As she took a bite of the piece with no berries on top she said there were
too many strawberries and it was as though the berries were whapping her in
the face. But she did eat more of it and said the strawberry part was okay.
Just okay. And if I make it again to make it without the nuts.

Well maybe if I make it again (and I'm not sure that I will) I will just
fire up some SF Jell-O and whip the cream cheese into it. No berries. I
probably won't eat that though. I'm not a big fan of cream cheese.