sf

Default "didn't know"

Spokes-people from Washington (incuding the president) say they
"didn't know" until today. Sheesh. Don't they watch TV????? The
rest of the country had it figured out days ago.
Stan Horwitz

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> Spokes-people from Washington (incuding the president) say they
> "didn't know" until today. Sheesh. Don't they watch TV????? The
> rest of the country had it figured out days ago.

The Bush administration are slow learners. While millions of people all
around the world told the Bushites that invading Iraq was a bad idea,
Bush referred to them as a small focus group! Now, resources that were
deployed to Iraq are not available to help with the hurricane relief
effort. That sucks, but then so does the fact that Louisiana and
Mississippi voted for Bush in the 2004, so it seems obvious that they
got what they voted for, which also sucks, but hey, one has to deal with
the consequences of one's actions.
sarah bennett

sf wrote:
> Spokes-people from Washington (incuding the president) say they
> "didn't know" until today. Sheesh. Don't they watch TV????? The
> rest of the country had it figured out days ago.

"didn't know" *what*?

--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß
JimLane

sarah bennett wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
>> Spokes-people from Washington (incuding the president) say they
>> "didn't know" until today. Sheesh. Don't they watch TV????? The
>> rest of the country had it figured out days ago.

> "didn't know" *what*?

Damn near anything.

jim
AlleyGator

sf > wrote:

>Spokes-people from Washington (incuding the president) say they
>"didn't know" until today. Sheesh. Don't they watch TV????? The
>rest of the country had it figured out days ago.

That was the FEMA director, who said he didn't know about the
convention center, after it had already been in the news for a good
full day. Something fishy is going on, as all the politicians seem to
be spending more energy in CYA mode than operational mode.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.

jmcquown

sf wrote:
> Spokes-people from Washington (incuding the president) say they
> "didn't know" until today. Sheesh. Don't they watch TV????? The
> rest of the country had it figured out days ago.

I sure didn't *know* until you told me! Dang, is that what that square box
on the counter is? TV? Gotta try it sometime.

Jill

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Stan Horwitz > wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > Spokes-people from Washington (incuding the president) say they
> > "didn't know" until today. Sheesh. Don't they watch TV????? The
> > rest of the country had it figured out days ago.

> The Bush administration are slow learners. While millions of people all
> around the world told the Bushites that invading Iraq was a bad idea,
> Bush referred to them as a small focus group! Now, resources that were
> deployed to Iraq are not available to help with the hurricane relief
> effort. That sucks, but then so does the fact that Louisiana and
> Mississippi voted for Bush in the 2004, so it seems obvious that they
> got what they voted for, which also sucks, but hey, one has to deal with
> the consequences of one's actions.

The election was fixed...
--
Om.

Janet Bostwick

"AlleyGator" > wrote in message
> sf > wrote:

snip
> That was the FEMA director, who said he didn't know about the
> convention center, after it had already been in the news for a good
> full day. Something fishy is going on, as all the politicians seem to
> be spending more energy in CYA mode than operational mode.

It's a game of musical chairs--the last one standing gets to carry the can
for George. {:O

AlleyGator

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote:

>It's a game of musical chairs--the last one standing gets to carry the can
>for George. {:O

Thanks, that's the first laugh I've had in a few days <G>

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.

Gregory Morrow

Stan Horwitz wrote:

> The Bush administration are slow learners. While millions of people all
> around the world told the Bushites that invading Iraq was a bad idea,
> Bush referred to them as a small focus group! Now, resources that were
> deployed to Iraq are not available to help with the hurricane relief
> effort. That sucks, but then so does the fact that Louisiana and
> Mississippi voted for Bush in the 2004, so it seems obvious that they
> got what they voted for, which also sucks, but hey, one has to deal with
> the consequences of one's actions.

Yep, ya gits what ya pay for, Stanley...

--
Best
Greg

Janet Bostwick

"AlleyGator" > wrote in message
> "Janet Bostwick" > wrote:
>
>>It's a game of musical chairs--the last one standing gets to carry the can
>>for George. {:O

> Thanks, that's the first laugh I've had in a few days <G>

Yeah, it's been miserable. All the tears--the victims, the news media and
mine.

I didn't know sf[_9_] General Cooking 6 15-09-2012 01:20 AM
Didn't there used to be... Morebella Morbid General Cooking 21 07-06-2010 02:08 AM
I didn't know this. phaeton General Cooking 12 12-12-2009 10:21 PM
Why didn't I think of this? Zz Yzx Barbecue 9 14-10-2008 05:05 PM
well, *I* didn't know sf[_3_] General Cooking 17 05-05-2008 05:25 PM