Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Ping Wendy

Julie Bove writes:

> Now the big trick will be to buy just enough food for my husband when he
> comes home on Fri. I have been trying to buy him only shelf stable milk
> because I don't drink milk at all and Angela rarely has it. She does have
> rice milk once in a while but really not much of that either. At least we
> have discovered Winco foods. They have all sorts of things that he will eat
> and their prices are cheap! Angela actually loves to shop there. She found
> a very nice and inexpensive perch for the cats and they have a HUGE bulk
> candy section. Now if she wants something like Andes mints, she can buy
> just a few and not have to get the whole box. They also carry Shasta sodas
> and she loves the diet cream soda.

Hey Julie,

Yes, Winco formerly Cub Foods was started here in the pacific northwest and
its a great place to find good CHEAP. Though I do have to give some warning,
I find some of the stores meat aisles giving off ghastly smells, so be aware
of that. Those stores that I get that smell from, I won't buy meat from.

But every thing else should be decent and great. I travel up and down the
Interstate from Bellingham to Northern California and these stores seem to
keep popping up more and more.

And the prices some times can't be beat very often.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jeremy" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove writes:
>>
>> Now the big trick will be to buy just enough food for my husband when he
>> comes home on Fri. I have been trying to buy him only shelf stable milk
>> because I don't drink milk at all and Angela rarely has it. She does
>> have rice milk once in a while but really not much of that either. At
>> least we have discovered Winco foods. They have all sorts of things that
>> he will eat and their prices are cheap! Angela actually loves to shop
>> there. She found a very nice and inexpensive perch for the cats and they
>> have a HUGE bulk candy section. Now if she wants something like Andes
>> mints, she can buy just a few and not have to get the whole box. They
>> also carry Shasta sodas and she loves the diet cream soda.

> Hey Julie,
>
> Yes, Winco formerly Cub Foods was started here in the pacific northwest
> and its a great place to find good CHEAP. Though I do have to give some
> warning, I find some of the stores meat aisles giving off ghastly smells,
> so be aware of that. Those stores that I get that smell from, I won't buy
> meat from.
>
> But every thing else should be decent and great. I travel up and down the
> Interstate from Bellingham to Northern California and these stores seem to
> keep popping up more and more.
> And the prices some times can't be beat very often.

I don't think I'll buy meat there with the exception of lunch meats. I did
buy a small package of ground beef. It was hard to find any that was lean
and I had to hunt for it. I prefer to buy grass fed.

We have to stay out of the aisle with the cleaners. I don't know what is
there but when my daughter gets near it she starts itching all over and her
eyes water profusely. It doesn't have that effect on me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Wow, Jeremy! Long time no see!!! How are you doing? I see you still live
in the general area you were always in.

Ping Wendy Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 6 13-10-2013 07:04 AM
ping wendy and evelyn ot Storrmmee Diabetic 12 16-10-2011 06:17 PM
ping wendy baker OT Storrmmee Diabetic 97 05-12-2010 03:54 AM
Ping: Wendy and Janet Priscilla Ballou Diabetic 0 01-06-2008 04:03 AM
Ping: Wendy Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 14 30-05-2008 03:53 AM