Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Default low carb chocolate bar

I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could loosen up
a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader Joe's I
bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it tastes like
the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last week at my local
grocery store, and it was also much more economical ($1.99 vs $4.49).

Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.

A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving size is 25
gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70 calories from
fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0
mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g, sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1
g. The only non-zero-percent nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.

I will definitely buy this again.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"Ellen K." > wrote in message
>I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could loosen up
>a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader Joe's I
>bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it tastes like
>the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last week at my local
>grocery store, and it was also much more economical ($1.99 vs $4.49).
>
> Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
> vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
>
> A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving size is
> 25 gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70 calories
> from fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg,
> sodium 0 mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g, sugars 0, maltitol 11 g,
> protein 1 g. The only non-zero-percent nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
>
> I will definitely buy this again.

I tried that. It wasn't too terribly bad. Had kind of a weird mouth feel.
I just do not like sugar alcohols. The big problem for me is the gas that
they give me. Never again.

I find in terms of BG, the really dark, as in 70% cocoa or more works quite
well. But it gives me terrible GERD. Milk chocolate does not though. But
I don't like it as well. And of course it is much higher in carbs. Once in
a while I will buy some for Angela and take just a bite.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes
ray ray is offline

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:33:37 -0800, Ellen K. wrote:

> I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could loosen
> up a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader
> Joe's I bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it
> tastes like the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last
> week at my local grocery store, and it was also much more economical
> ($1.99 vs $4.49).
>
> Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
> vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
>
> A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving size
> is 25 gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70
> calories from fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g,
> cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0 mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g,
> sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1 g. The only non-zero-percent
> nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
>
> I will definitely buy this again.

Try Baker's semi-sweet - in the baking section.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

In alt.support.diabetes ray > wrote:
: On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:33:37 -0800, Ellen K. wrote:

: > I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could loosen
: > up a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader
: > Joe's I bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it
: > tastes like the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last
: > week at my local grocery store, and it was also much more economical
: > ($1.99 vs $4.49).
: >
: > Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
: > vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
: >
: > A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving size
: > is 25 gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70
: > calories from fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g,
: > cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0 mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g,
: > sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1 g. The only non-zero-percent
: > nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
: >
: > I will definitely buy this again.

: Try Baker's semi-sweet - in the baking section.

Try the Ghiradelli I believe 85 or86% chocolate bar, which is kosher. No
sugar alcohols to cause distress adn a couple of squares really is
satisfying. I really prefer this to the "no sugar" ones whihc give me all
kinds of problems adn don't taste as good. You can also try a 70%
version, but just eat a little less:-)

Scharffenber also has bars, but they are just more expensive, if good.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

ray wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:33:37 -0800, Ellen K. wrote:
>
>> I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could
>> loosen up a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday
>> at Trader Joe's I bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate
>> bar. To me it tastes like the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch
>> one I bought last week at my local grocery store, and it was also
>> much more economical ($1.99 vs $4.49).
>>
>> Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
>> vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
>>
>> A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving
>> size is 25 gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70
>> calories from fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g,
>> cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0 mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g,
>> sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1 g. The only non-zero-percent
>> nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
>>
>> I will definitely buy this again.

> Try Baker's semi-sweet - in the baking section.

Baker's is crap. There are many better choices, even in the supermarket.
Ghirardelli and Lindt, for example.

Not that any of the above are technically "low carb."

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"Janet" > wrote in message ...
| ray wrote:
| > On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:33:37 -0800, Ellen K. wrote:
| >
| >> I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could
| >> loosen up a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday
| >> at Trader Joe's I bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate
| >> bar. To me it tastes like the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch
| >> one I bought last week at my local grocery store, and it was also
| >> much more economical ($1.99 vs $4.49).
| >>
| >> Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
| >> vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
| >>
| >> A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving
| >> size is 25 gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70
| >> calories from fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g,
| >> cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0 mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g,
| >> sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1 g. The only non-zero-percent
| >> nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
| >>
| >> I will definitely buy this again.
| >
| > Try Baker's semi-sweet - in the baking section.
|
| Baker's is crap. There are many better choices, even in the supermarket.
| Ghirardelli and Lindt, for example.
|
| Not that any of the above are technically "low carb."

Droste has its six-sided tube of "Pastilles," pretty hefty and at 75%
very tasty. The carb count is 2 grams per pastille, which melt very
slowly on the tongue. Strong recommendation.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> In alt.support.diabetes ray > wrote:
> : On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:33:37 -0800, Ellen K. wrote:
>
> : > I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could
> loosen
> : > up a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader
> : > Joe's I bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it
> : > tastes like the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last
> : > week at my local grocery store, and it was also much more economical
> : > ($1.99 vs $4.49).
> : >
> : > Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
> : > vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
> : >
> : > A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving size
> : > is 25 gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70
> : > calories from fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g,
> : > cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0 mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g,
> : > sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1 g. The only non-zero-percent
> : > nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
> : >
> : > I will definitely buy this again.
>
> : Try Baker's semi-sweet - in the baking section.
>
> Try the Ghiradelli I believe 85 or86% chocolate bar, which is kosher. No
> sugar alcohols to cause distress adn a couple of squares really is
> satisfying. I really prefer this to the "no sugar" ones whihc give me all
> kinds of problems adn don't taste as good. You can also try a 70%
> version, but just eat a little less:-)
>
> Scharffenber also has bars, but they are just more expensive, if good.
>
> Wendy

Thankfully I don't have a problem with the sugar alcohols (in moderation of
course). And two or three squares of this bar (67 or 100 calories) is quite
satisfying. I'll keep the others you mention in mind if I decide I want one
with real sugar.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes
% % is offline

Ellen K. wrote:
> "W. Baker" > wrote in message

>>> Try Baker's semi-sweet - in the baking section.

>> Try the Ghiradelli I believe 85 or86% chocolate bar, which is
>> kosher. No sugar alcohols to cause distress adn a couple of squares
>> really is satisfying. I really prefer this to the "no sugar" ones
>> whihc give me all kinds of problems adn don't taste as good. You
>> can also try a 70% version, but just eat a little less:-)
>>
>> Scharffenber also has bars, but they are just more expensive, if
>> good.
>>
>> Wendy
>>

> Thankfully I don't have a problem with the sugar alcohols (in
> moderation of course). And two or three squares of this bar (67 or
> 100 calories) is quite satisfying. I'll keep the others you mention
> in mind if I decide I want one with real sugar.

oh yea , pump that into the ol liveroonee , mmmm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"Ellen K." > wrote in message

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> In alt.support.diabetes ray > wrote:
>> : On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:33:37 -0800, Ellen K. wrote:
>>
>> : > I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could
>> loosen
>> : > up a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at
>> Trader
>> : > Joe's I bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To
>> me it
>> : > tastes like the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought
>> last
>> : > week at my local grocery store, and it was also much more
>> economical
>> : > ($1.99 vs $4.49).
>> : >
>> : > Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin
>> (natural
>> : > vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
>> : >
>> : > A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving
>> size
>> : > is 25 gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70
>> : > calories from fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g,
>> : > cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0 mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3
>> g,
>> : > sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1 g. The only non-zero-percent
>> : > nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
>> : >
>> : > I will definitely buy this again.
>>
>> : Try Baker's semi-sweet - in the baking section.
>>
>> Try the Ghiradelli I believe 85 or86% chocolate bar, which is kosher.
>> No
>> sugar alcohols to cause distress adn a couple of squares really is
>> satisfying. I really prefer this to the "no sugar" ones whihc give
>> me all
>> kinds of problems adn don't taste as good. You can also try a 70%
>> version, but just eat a little less:-)
>>
>> Scharffenber also has bars, but they are just more expensive, if
>> good.
>>
>> Wendy
>>

> Thankfully I don't have a problem with the sugar alcohols (in
> moderation of course). And two or three squares of this bar (67 or
> 100 calories) is quite satisfying. I'll keep the others you mention
> in mind if I decide I want one with real sugar.

I could eat a lot without actual runs but one sweet with 'ols gives me
bad gas, as bad as back in the day when I ate too many carbs. Generally,
these days, gas is not a problem for me at all but one sweet or choccy
with 'ols and back comes the gas for a few hours.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Janet" > wrote in message
> | ray wrote:

> Yesterday
> Bloch

> (natural

> calories, 70
> g,

> | > Try Baker's semi-sweet - in the baking section.
> |
> | Baker's is crap. There are many better choices, even in the
> supermarket.
> | Ghirardelli and Lindt, for example.
> |
> | Not that any of the above are technically "low carb."
>
> Droste has its six-sided tube of "Pastilles," pretty hefty and at 75%
> very tasty. The carb count is 2 grams per pastille, which melt very
> slowly on the tongue. Strong recommendation.
>
> pavane

I'm a pastille kinda person These days for a "sweet" treat I like tic
tacs or Eclipse Cinnamon Mints.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In alt.support.diabetes Ellen K. > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > In alt.support.diabetes ray > wrote:
: > : On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:33:37 -0800, Ellen K. wrote:
: >
: > : > I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could
: > loosen
: > : > up a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader
: > : > Joe's I bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it
: > : > tastes like the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last
: > : > week at my local grocery store, and it was also much more economical
: > : > ($1.99 vs $4.49).
: > : >
[...]

Red the nutritional information on the 85% bars. I get them with between
2-4 grams of carb for about 1/4-1/5 of the 3 1/2 oz bar.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes
ray ray is offline

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:48:12 -0500, Janet wrote:

> ray wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:33:37 -0800, Ellen K. wrote:
>>
>>> I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could
>>> loosen up a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at
>>> Trader Joe's I bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To
>>> me it tastes like the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I
>>> bought last week at my local grocery store, and it was also much more
>>> economical ($1.99 vs $4.49).
>>>
>>> Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
>>> vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
>>>
>>> A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving size
>>> is 25 gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70
>>> calories from fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g,
>>> cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0 mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g,
>>> sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1 g. The only non-zero-percent
>>> nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
>>>
>>> I will definitely buy this again.

>> Try Baker's semi-sweet - in the baking section.

> Baker's is crap. There are many better choices, even in the supermarket.
> Ghirardelli and Lindt, for example.
>
> Not that any of the above are technically "low carb."

Baker's is fine for me. Especially at 4 grams carbs per 1/2 square.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Ellen K. > wrote:
> I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could loosen up
> a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader Joe's I
> bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it tastes like
> the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last week at my local
> grocery store, and it was also much more economical ($1.99 vs $4.49).
>
> Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
> vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
>
> A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving size is 25
> gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70 calories from
> fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0
> mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g, sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1
> g. The only non-zero-percent nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
>
> I will definitely buy this again.

Make sure that for *you* the maltitol doesn't count as a real (i.e. BG
increasing) carb!

In the past there have been several reports from people for whom the
'ols count fully or mostly as a real carb. Personally I haven't bothered
to experiment, because I'd rather use portion control and eat the real
thing. (That goes for any of the 'ols in any product, except for chewing
gum which always have them.)

--
Frank Slootweg
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes
MI MI is offline

On 11/18/10 1:57 PM, in article , "Ozlover"
> wrote:

> Ellen K. > wrote:
>> I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could loosen up
>> a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader Joe's I
>> bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it tastes like
>> the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last week at my local
>> grocery store, and it was also much more economical ($1.99 vs $4.49).
>>
>> Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
>> vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
>>
>> A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving size is 25
>> gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70 calories from
>> fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0
>> mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g, sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1
>> g. The only non-zero-percent nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
>>
>> I will definitely buy this again.

> Make sure that for *you* the maltitol doesn't count as a real (i.e. BG
> increasing) carb!
>
> In the past there have been several reports from people for whom the
> 'ols count fully or mostly as a real carb. Personally I haven't bothered
> to experiment, because I'd rather use portion control and eat the real
> thing. (That goes for any of the 'ols in any product, except for chewing
> gum which always have them.)

The nurse educator at my first Diabetic Teaching Session told us that there
are carbs in thee 'ols' it is just that they take much longer to be
processed and so it doesn't give us a fast sugar hit. I am like you, it is
the real thing or nothing. I work it in and besides the 'ols' give me a
terrible headache.

--
Martha T2 Canada
1500mg. Metformin, 100mg. Januvia,

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"Ozlover" > wrote in message
> Ellen K. > wrote:
>> I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could loosen
>> up
>> a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader Joe's
>> bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it tastes like
>> the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last week at my
>> local
>> grocery store, and it was also much more economical ($1.99 vs $4.49).
>>
>> Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
>> vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
>>
>> A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving size is
>> 25
>> gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70 calories from
>> fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium
>> 0
>> mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g, sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein
>> 1
>> g. The only non-zero-percent nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
>>
>> I will definitely buy this again.

> Make sure that for *you* the maltitol doesn't count as a real (i.e. BG
> increasing) carb!
>
> In the past there have been several reports from people for whom the
> 'ols count fully or mostly as a real carb. Personally I haven't bothered
> to experiment, because I'd rather use portion control and eat the real
> thing. (That goes for any of the 'ols in any product, except for chewing
> gum which always have them.)
>
> --
> Frank Slootweg

Thanks for the reminder. I think the -ols are OK for me, I do eat the
CarbSmart ice cream with no untoward BG effects. I do find it's easier to
stick with the planned portion size with the -ol products than with ones
made with real sugar.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

: > wrote:

: > Ellen K. > wrote:
: >> I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could loosen up
: >> a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader Joe's I
: >> bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it tastes like
: >> the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last week at my local
: >> grocery store, and it was also much more economical ($1.99 vs $4.49).
: >>
[...]

: --
: Martha T2 Canada

Some have noticed that those that the terrible "tols" don't seem to bother
gastrically are more likely to be able to digest the carbs in them, while
those of us who literally run from them are less likely to find a bg
effect from their consumption, as they are not digested by our guts.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 11/18/2010 4:35 PM, MI wrote:

> On 11/18/10 1:57 PM, in article , "Ozlover"
> > wrote:
>
>> Ellen > wrote:
>>> I have really been craving chocolate and was feeling like I could loosen up
>>> a little bit and try a low-carb chocolate bar. Yesterday at Trader Joe's I
>>> bought a Simply Lite sugar free Dark Chocolate bar. To me it tastes like
>>> the real thing, unlike the Camille Bloch one I bought last week at my local
>>> grocery store, and it was also much more economical ($1.99 vs $4.49).
>>>
>>> Ingredients are Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin (natural
>>> vegetable fiber), Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
>>>
>>> A bar is 100 gm, 6 rows of 2 squares. The label says the serving size is 25
>>> gm, and reports that one serving contains 100 calories, 70 calories from
>>> fat, total fat 8 g, sat fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0
>>> mg, total carb 15 g, dietary fiber 3 g, sugars 0, maltitol 11 g, protein 1
>>> g. The only non-zero-percent nutrient is listed as Iron at 8%.
>>>
>>> I will definitely buy this again.

>> Make sure that for *you* the maltitol doesn't count as a real (i.e. BG
>> increasing) carb!
>>
>> In the past there have been several reports from people for whom the
>> 'ols count fully or mostly as a real carb. Personally I haven't bothered
>> to experiment, because I'd rather use portion control and eat the real
>> thing. (That goes for any of the 'ols in any product, except for chewing
>> gum which always have them.)

> The nurse educator at my first Diabetic Teaching Session told us that there
> are carbs in thee 'ols' it is just that they take much longer to be
> processed and so it doesn't give us a fast sugar hit. I am like you, it is
> the real thing or nothing. I work it in and besides the 'ols' give me a
> terrible headache.

I get the trots from the ols. Our educator said to count half of the
ols as carbs.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen K. View Post
[...]

i've purchased Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Bars a few months ago, and wanted to order next month...
Pros

* Wonderfully smooth texture
* Did not raise my blood glucose
* Nice and chocolatey
* No maltitol or sorbitol

the only problem is you have to buy it through online
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
janachen > wrote:

> i've purchased Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Bars a few months ago, and wanted
> to order next month...
> Pros
>
> * Wonderfully smooth texture
> * Did not raise my blood glucose
> * Nice and chocolatey
> * No maltitol or sorbitol
>
> the only problem is you have to buy it through online

What is the sweetener if it's not maltitol or sorbitol? What are the
carb numbers on the package?

PP

Low carb, practically no carb real fried chicken. ImStillMags General Cooking 33 03-07-2014 09:06 AM
not low carb Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 0 13-04-2006 10:57 PM
low-carb gljiva Recipes 0 27-07-2005 01:10 PM
Recipe-Low Carb Chocolate Sauce Peanutjake Diabetic 3 19-04-2004 04:13 PM
LOW CARB GOES MLM Per Ivar Hanssen Asian Cooking 0 27-03-2004 01:39 PM