Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Shaved celery revisited!

I still haven't tried this yet but plan to. My celery is a bit old and am
not sure if it is crisp or not. I haven't bought much food the past couple
of weeks. I did buy some chicken nuggets today that I might send in to
dance with Angela. I have one more cooked chicken breast in the fridge but
she has had that twice this week already so not sure if she will want it or
not.

Anyway... I googled shaved celery and came up with a ton of recipes for it.
Most are salads. What you do is pull the strings from the ribs of celery
and then use your vegetable peeler to shave long strands of the celery. It
is then given a soak in the refrigerator in some water with lemon juice in
it for at least an hour or overnight. This is supposed to really crisp it
up nicely. It can them be used in place of lettuce, spinach or whatever
greens in a salad. Or it can be added to the greens.

Sounds like this will make a great option for salads when greens are too
expensive or I just get sick of eating them!