Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tacos tonight!

Angela wanted the larger taco shells. Amazingly they only have 11g of carb
per shell. I had mine with the leftover taco salad meat. Angela had some
pre-cooked Southwestern style chicken. I made Vigo Mexican rice, which I am
having just a taste of. I could live without it, but Angela loves it. She
also loved the chicken. I have to buy more chicken. We're going to take
tacos to the dance studio in a few days. I used up the whole package that I
had. I hope Albertson's carries it!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ours was a bit boring but tastey, pork steak cooked slowly in the skillet,
broccoli in a steamer bag, and the last bit of baked beans with enough chili
added to make two smallish servings, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Angela wanted the larger taco shells. Amazingly they only have 11g of
> carb per shell. I had mine with the leftover taco salad meat. Angela had
> some pre-cooked Southwestern style chicken. I made Vigo Mexican rice,
> which I am having just a taste of. I could live without it, but Angela
> loves it. She also loved the chicken. I have to buy more chicken. We're
> going to take tacos to the dance studio in a few days. I used up the
> whole package that I had. I hope Albertson's carries it!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> ours was a bit boring but tastey, pork steak cooked slowly in the skillet,
> broccoli in a steamer bag, and the last bit of baked beans with enough
> chili added to make two smallish servings, Lee

I didn't know there was such a thing as a pork steak. I pretty much quit
buying pork aside from precooked bacon at Costco and bacon bits in a jar.

I used to buy pork chops occasionally and ham. I won't eat either one.
Angela used to like them but doesn't any more. I've seen pork roasts but
never cooked one.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

its one of my favorite foods as far as meats go, am not much on meat, but if
i don't eat enough beef and pork i gain weight like crazy, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> ours was a bit boring but tastey, pork steak cooked slowly in the
>> skillet, broccoli in a steamer bag, and the last bit of baked beans with
>> enough chili added to make two smallish servings, Lee

> I didn't know there was such a thing as a pork steak. I pretty much quit
> buying pork aside from precooked bacon at Costco and bacon bits in a jar.
>
> I used to buy pork chops occasionally and ham. I won't eat either one.
> Angela used to like them but doesn't any more. I've seen pork roasts but
> never cooked one.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> its one of my favorite foods as far as meats go, am not much on meat, but
> if i don't eat enough beef and pork i gain weight like crazy, Lee

I don't really like meat. I can eat really crisp bacon and hamburger
patties. Chicken and turkey don't bother my digestion but I don't really
like them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

individual dishes can be quite tastey but i never crave meat, and the
texture of most of it is just creepy to me, I used to like fish but the
older i get the less i like it, i can say if i could only pick two meats to
eat from now on it would probably be scallops and turkey thigh meat, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> its one of my favorite foods as far as meats go, am not much on meat, but
>> if i don't eat enough beef and pork i gain weight like crazy, Lee

> I don't really like meat. I can eat really crisp bacon and hamburger
> patties. Chicken and turkey don't bother my digestion but I don't really
> like them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> individual dishes can be quite tastey but i never crave meat, and the
> texture of most of it is just creepy to me, I used to like fish but the
> older i get the less i like it, i can say if i could only pick two meats
> to eat from now on it would probably be scallops and turkey thigh meat,
> Lee

My mom said she used to feed me scallops and tell me it was fish. I've
always hated fish except for canned/pouched tuna or fish sticks, but only if
eaten with mashed potatoes on the same fork.

I hate that she used to feed me something and tell me it was something else.
Steak was a favorite food when I was young. She once gave me liver and told
me it was steak, after I suspected it was liver. I tend to believe what
people say. I took a big bite and thought I was going to die! I could
never stand liver.

After that I was very distrustful of steak.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

that is just wrong, child abuse really, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> individual dishes can be quite tastey but i never crave meat, and the
>> texture of most of it is just creepy to me, I used to like fish but the
>> older i get the less i like it, i can say if i could only pick two meats
>> to eat from now on it would probably be scallops and turkey thigh meat,
>> Lee

> My mom said she used to feed me scallops and tell me it was fish. I've
> always hated fish except for canned/pouched tuna or fish sticks, but only
> if eaten with mashed potatoes on the same fork.
>
> I hate that she used to feed me something and tell me it was something
> else. Steak was a favorite food when I was young. She once gave me liver
> and told me it was steak, after I suspected it was liver. I tend to
> believe what people say. I took a big bite and thought I was going to
> die! I could never stand liver.
>
> After that I was very distrustful of steak.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> that is just wrong, child abuse really, Lee

I would think so. I have slipped vegetables into Angela's food and not told
her. Like peppers and onions in spaghetti sauce or meatloaf. But I would
never lie to her and tell her she was eating something other than what she
was eating.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

when this came up as a kid worst my mom would say is try it or eat it and
not respond, making vegetables in a sauce is not lying, you are making a
sauce... if she asks you can say, if you want to know yo can make it next
time, lol, the rule when i was home was take it then eat it, only on a rare
occasion were we forced to taste/eat something, and that was usually when we
were disparaging when we hadn't tried it, Lee

Tacos Brooklyn1 General Cooking 0 22-10-2011 04:24 PM
Tacos Andy[_15_] General Cooking 66 17-03-2009 12:36 AM
Fish Tacos International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 11-07-2007 05:10 AM
TACOS PENMART01 General Cooking 12 05-02-2004 12:58 AM