Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Flat Mozzarella

Has anyone tried this? I found it at the grocery store today. Angela
wanted it and this surprised me. It showed it rolled up with vegetables
inside and then cut in slices. We got some Roma tomatoes and basil to put
in there. Hmmm... How would I do the tomatoes? I don't think whole would
work. Should I cut them in fourths lengthwise? In slices? Chop them? I
plan to make them on Tuesday. We will have them as a snack before dinner.
We have some things to do that night and I know dinner will be delayed. But
I'm not sure how delayed.

For dinner that night we'll have some gluten free enchilada pie. Another
thing Angela wanted. Again surprised me. Although she likes enchiladas,
she doesn't like the ones I make and she hates my enchilada casserole.
Perhaps because I make it with beef. She doesn't much like beef. I think
this stuff has black beans in it. And cheese. But no meat. She is wanting
less and less meat. Unless it's chicken.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I would probably slice very thin so you can roll up easily and then it would
be layered like a jelly roll, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Has anyone tried this? I found it at the grocery store today. Angela
> wanted it and this surprised me. It showed it rolled up with vegetables
> inside and then cut in slices. We got some Roma tomatoes and basil to put
> in there. Hmmm... How would I do the tomatoes? I don't think whole
> would work. Should I cut them in fourths lengthwise? In slices? Chop
> them? I plan to make them on Tuesday. We will have them as a snack
> before dinner. We have some things to do that night and I know dinner will
> be delayed. But I'm not sure how delayed.
>
> For dinner that night we'll have some gluten free enchilada pie. Another
> thing Angela wanted. Again surprised me. Although she likes enchiladas,
> she doesn't like the ones I make and she hates my enchilada casserole.
> Perhaps because I make it with beef. She doesn't much like beef. I think
> this stuff has black beans in it. And cheese. But no meat. She is
> wanting less and less meat. Unless it's chicken.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>I would probably slice very thin so you can roll up easily and then it
>would be layered like a jelly roll, Lee

Okay. Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

if she likes this it might be something to take with you on your conference
as the tomatoes can stay room temp and the cheese is taken care of by the
cooler, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>I would probably slice very thin so you can roll up easily and then it
>>would be layered like a jelly roll, Lee

> Okay. Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> if she likes this it might be something to take with you on your
> conference as the tomatoes can stay room temp and the cheese is taken care
> of by the cooler, Lee

I'm pretty sure she won't like it. She hates tomatoes. And it's not a
conference but a convention. We can only have dairy on Sunday so I'm not
going to try to keep something like that cold until then.