Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Your favorite Mexicanish foods

Janet Wilder wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
"Jacquie" wrote:
"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
Jacquie wrote:
[ . . . ]
Janet have you had any problems with your low carb tortillas
sticking? I did and wrote to the Mission people...they said they
were aware of the problem and working on fixing it. They sent me
coupons.

Only once or twice. I keep them refrigerated once they have been
opened and I find if they are cold there is less chance of sticking.
Try it.

I will Thanks

I do my tortillas in a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks!

Nick, I think she was referring to the tortillas sticking to each other
in the package.

Duh! I haven't run into that problem . . . yet.

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Old 03-08-2010, 02:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
"Jacquie" wrote:
"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
Jacquie wrote:
[ . . . ]
Janet have you had any problems with your low carb tortillas
sticking? I did and wrote to the Mission people...they said they
were aware of the problem and working on fixing it. They sent me
coupons.

Only once or twice. I keep them refrigerated once they have been
opened and I find if they are cold there is less chance of sticking.
Try it.

I will Thanks

I do my tortillas in a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks!

Nick, I think she was referring to the tortillas sticking to each other
in the package.

Duh! I haven't run into that problem . . . yet.

I have and I am going to try your fridge idea for that kind of sticking

Old 03-08-2010, 02:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I make shredded chicken, onion and cheese quesadillas. They're a hit in this
family...I add a dollop of sour cream on mine.

Jacquie wrote:

Janet have you had any problems with your low carb tortillas sticking?
I did and wrote to the Mission people...they said they were aware of
the problem and working on fixing it. They sent me coupons.

Only once or twice. I keep them refrigerated once they have been opened
and I find if they are cold there is less chance of sticking. Try it.

Thanks for that. I hate it when I make burritos for the kids and the
tortillas stick and tear.

I gave up on burritos. Never could make them right. I just do tacos now.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
"Jacquie" wrote:
"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
Jacquie wrote:
[ . . . ]
Janet have you had any problems with your low carb tortillas
sticking? I did and wrote to the Mission people...they said they
were aware of the problem and working on fixing it. They sent me
coupons.

Only once or twice. I keep them refrigerated once they have been
opened and I find if they are cold there is less chance of sticking.
Try it.

I will Thanks

I do my tortillas in a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks!

Nick, I think she was referring to the tortillas sticking to each other
in the package.

Duh! I haven't run into that problem . . . yet.

I have and I am going to try your fridge idea for that kind of sticking

I've had that problem too but I can't remember which kind.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" wrote:
"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
Jacquie wrote:
[ . . . ]
Janet have you had any problems with your low carb tortillas
sticking? I did and wrote to the Mission people...they said they
were aware of the problem and working on fixing it. They sent me
coupons.

Only once or twice. I keep them refrigerated once they have been
opened and I find if they are cold there is less chance of sticking.
Try it.

I will Thanks

I do my tortillas in a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks!

Now I know! Duh!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
"Jacquie" wrote:
"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
Jacquie wrote:
[ . . . ]
Janet have you had any problems with your low carb tortillas
sticking? I did and wrote to the Mission people...they said they
were aware of the problem and working on fixing it. They sent me
coupons.

Only once or twice. I keep them refrigerated once they have been
opened and I find if they are cold there is less chance of
sticking. Try it.

I will Thanks

I do my tortillas in a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks!

Nick, I think she was referring to the tortillas sticking to each
other in the package.

Duh! I haven't run into that problem . . . yet.

I have and I am going to try your fridge idea for that kind of sticking

We just leave them out in the kitchen in their zip-locked bags.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:

We just leave them out in the kitchen in their zip-locked bags.

The Mission low carb ones have a tendency to stick to one another when
they are at room temp.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas