Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What are your favorite foods?

Diabetes aside... What are your favorite foods?

My favorite meal used to be a whole pinto bean burrito with a side of beans
and rice. Obviously I don't eat that now.

I still love beans though. All kinds.

I used to love pecan pie until I discovered how many calories are in it.
Haven't had that for many years. I have heard that a piece of date pressed
between two pecan halves tastes the same. I haven't tried it though.

I love potatoes. All ways but especially mashed.

I love popcorn if it is freshly popped. Occasionally I want butter on it
but usually not. Just pan popped in coconut oil with some Real Salt on it.
Sometimes I think I want microwave popcorn. It often smells good. I got
Angela some Orville Redenbacher Natural from Costco. It says there is
nothing but salt on it but obviously not. The bag comes out oily. I like a
few pieces of that. But then it takes on a weird flavor.

I love all kinds of peppers, but perhaps not the super hot ones. I like a
little heat but not too much.

I love onions! I put them in pretty much everything.

I love most kinds of olives.

I love green beans. Especially straight from the can, eaten cold.

I like carrots and celery. Perhaps not quite as much as the other things,
but enough to eat quite a lot of them.

I like most kinds of cheese.

I like bacon if it is crisply cooked.

I like tomatoes, both cooked and raw.

I like cranberries.

I like grapefruit.

Sometimes I like apples.

I like raw pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts and Brazil nuts. Sometimes raw
cashews. But never roasted ones. For some reason they are too oily.
Sometimes I like peanuts but other times I don't.

As you can see, my list is mostly carbs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

it would be simpler to tell you what i don't like, i can eat almost anything
if we are just discussing taste, but when you take out what i am allergic to
the list is considerabley smaller, the only foods i don't care for based
only on taste are black eyed peas and cooked carrots, and the carrots are
more the smell, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Diabetes aside... What are your favorite foods?
>
> My favorite meal used to be a whole pinto bean burrito with a side of
> beans and rice. Obviously I don't eat that now.
>
> I still love beans though. All kinds.
>
> I used to love pecan pie until I discovered how many calories are in it.
> Haven't had that for many years. I have heard that a piece of date
> pressed between two pecan halves tastes the same. I haven't tried it
> though.
>
> I love potatoes. All ways but especially mashed.
>
> I love popcorn if it is freshly popped. Occasionally I want butter on it
> but usually not. Just pan popped in coconut oil with some Real Salt on
> it. Sometimes I think I want microwave popcorn. It often smells good. I
> got Angela some Orville Redenbacher Natural from Costco. It says there is
> nothing but salt on it but obviously not. The bag comes out oily. I like
> a few pieces of that. But then it takes on a weird flavor.
>
> I love all kinds of peppers, but perhaps not the super hot ones. I like a
> little heat but not too much.
>
> I love onions! I put them in pretty much everything.
>
> I love most kinds of olives.
>
> I love green beans. Especially straight from the can, eaten cold.
>
> I like carrots and celery. Perhaps not quite as much as the other things,
> but enough to eat quite a lot of them.
>
> I like most kinds of cheese.
>
> I like bacon if it is crisply cooked.
>
> I like tomatoes, both cooked and raw.
>
> I like cranberries.
>
> I like grapefruit.
>
> Sometimes I like apples.
>
> I like raw pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts and Brazil nuts. Sometimes raw
> cashews. But never roasted ones. For some reason they are too oily.
> Sometimes I like peanuts but other times I don't.
>
> As you can see, my list is mostly carbs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> it would be simpler to tell you what i don't like, i can eat almost
> anything if we are just discussing taste, but when you take out what i am
> allergic to the list is considerabley smaller, the only foods i don't care
> for based only on taste are black eyed peas and cooked carrots, and the
> carrots are more the smell, Lee

Ooooh! I'll have your black eyed peas! Angela and my husband don't like
them at all. I only eat them on New Year's day now. But growing up we ate
them a lot!

I like cooked carrots but prefer them raw so that's usually what we eat. I
do buy little cans because sometimes I will eat those or for those rare
times when I am out of fresh and want to make a soup. Husband will eat
cooked ones but Angela really hates them, even when they're in stuff.

My mom used to do beef roast in the oven with potatoes and carrots. She
didn't use the baby ones, but the big ones cut into sticks. I didn't care
so much for the meat but did like the carrots and potatoes. I can do a beef
roast that I like, but my carrots and potatoes don't come out like hers.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

if the carrots are cooked in something it hides the smell and if i can get
them past my nose i can eat them but i wouldn't go out of my way for them.
black eyed peas are not ever gonna get eaten, my dadd made me eat a huge
spoon full when i made a derrogatory remark about them at dinner one night,
i am sure its all emotional, but i just can't gag them down, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> it would be simpler to tell you what i don't like, i can eat almost
>> anything if we are just discussing taste, but when you take out what i am
>> allergic to the list is considerabley smaller, the only foods i don't
>> care for based only on taste are black eyed peas and cooked carrots, and
>> the carrots are more the smell, Lee

> Ooooh! I'll have your black eyed peas! Angela and my husband don't like
> them at all. I only eat them on New Year's day now. But growing up we
> ate them a lot!
>
> I like cooked carrots but prefer them raw so that's usually what we eat.
> I do buy little cans because sometimes I will eat those or for those rare
> times when I am out of fresh and want to make a soup. Husband will eat
> cooked ones but Angela really hates them, even when they're in stuff.
>
> My mom used to do beef roast in the oven with potatoes and carrots. She
> didn't use the baby ones, but the big ones cut into sticks. I didn't care
> so much for the meat but did like the carrots and potatoes. I can do a
> beef roast that I like, but my carrots and potatoes don't come out like
> hers.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> if the carrots are cooked in something it hides the smell and if i can get
> them past my nose i can eat them but i wouldn't go out of my way for them.
> black eyed peas are not ever gonna get eaten, my dadd made me eat a huge
> spoon full when i made a derrogatory remark about them at dinner one
> night, i am sure its all emotional, but i just can't gag them down, Lee

I know a lot of people don't like the texture of those or lima beans. But I
like them. Gee... I haven't had any lima beans in years. I don't think
I've ever seen them in a small can. I used to buy some kind of mixed
veggies with them in there but I can't buy them because of the peas.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i eat any other knd of bean besides black eyed peas, limas are fine, they do
have small frozen packages, both plain and in sauce, green giant i think,
Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> if the carrots are cooked in something it hides the smell and if i can
>> get them past my nose i can eat them but i wouldn't go out of my way for
>> them. black eyed peas are not ever gonna get eaten, my dadd made me eat a
>> huge spoon full when i made a derrogatory remark about them at dinner one
>> night, i am sure its all emotional, but i just can't gag them down, Lee

> I know a lot of people don't like the texture of those or lima beans. But
> I like them. Gee... I haven't had any lima beans in years. I don't
> think I've ever seen them in a small can. I used to buy some kind of
> mixed veggies with them in there but I can't buy them because of the peas.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i eat any other knd of bean besides black eyed peas, limas are fine, they
>do have small frozen packages, both plain and in sauce, green giant i
>think,

I don't usually buy frozen veggies because I don't have room in the freezer.
But a small frozen package probably has a lot more in it than I could eat at
one time. The small cans are usually the right amount.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> Diabetes aside... What are your favorite foods?

I can't even allow myself to think about it.

I have to develop NEW favorite foods. That is going to take years, I think.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> Diabetes aside... What are your favorite foods?

> I can't even allow myself to think about it.
>
> I have to develop NEW favorite foods. That is going to take years, I
> think.

For me that will never happen!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> Diabetes aside... What are your favorite foods?

> I can't even allow myself to think about it.
>
> I have to develop NEW favorite foods. That is going to take years, I
> think.

{{{Janet}}}

Member

I like to eat different types of foods and my favorite foods a Burger, Chinese, Pizza, Mexican, Sea Food and Italian but generally I eat Pizza the most because it gives me better and different taste compared to others. I always eat pizza in weekend.
Member

Mine favorite Foods are :
1. Chocolates
2. Pizza
3. Drinking Chocolate
4. Lemon Juice
Senior Member

I love to eat veggies n mix veggies dishes..Also fruits that have enough proteins to strengthen our body..