None Given

Default Quick Question

"MoPaMaN" > wrote in message
. com...
> I'm a new diabetic (type 2, since June). I've had my BS level pretty much

in
> the 80 to 110 range. The last few days I haven't been feeling to feel, but
> I've been eating OK except for about 3 cups of Low Carb Ice cream

yesterday.
> Now, this afternoon, I'm having been minor chest pain, so I took a Nitro
> pill and thought I would check my BS. It was 160, after being 108 this
> morning. I've eaten normal today.
>
> Could the Nitro pill cause this? Or is it a delayed reaction to the ice
> cream? Or, have I srewed the pooch?

Maybe Jenny has an opinion on the ice cream, if it was high in sugar
alcohols maybe it was a delayed reaction to that?
btw..I made some low carb ice cream the other day substituting splenda for
the sugar and powdered milk plus splenda and smart balance margarine for the
sweetened condensed milk. I would have tried using the low carb milk also
instead of the whole milk in the recipe but I could only find the chocolate
flavor at the store that day. Anyway, it figures out to 6 grams of carb to
a ½ cup serving, but it came out really hard, it tastes good but you have to
whittle pieces off the block with an ice cream knife. Anyone have an idea
what may soften up my new recipe, aside from the microwave?

None Given

"MoPaMaN" > wrote in message
. com...
> I'm a new diabetic (type 2, since June). I've had my BS level pretty much

in
> the 80 to 110 range. The last few days I haven't been feeling to feel, but
> I've been eating OK except for about 3 cups of Low Carb Ice cream

yesterday.
> Now, this afternoon, I'm having been minor chest pain, so I took a Nitro
> pill and thought I would check my BS. It was 160, after being 108 this
> morning. I've eaten normal today.
>
> Could the Nitro pill cause this? Or is it a delayed reaction to the ice
> cream? Or, have I srewed the pooch?

Maybe Jenny has an opinion on the ice cream, if it was high in sugar
alcohols maybe it was a delayed reaction to that?
btw..I made some low carb ice cream the other day substituting splenda for
the sugar and powdered milk plus splenda and smart balance margarine for the
sweetened condensed milk. I would have tried using the low carb milk also
instead of the whole milk in the recipe but I could only find the chocolate
flavor at the store that day. Anyway, it figures out to 6 grams of carb to
a ½ cup serving, but it came out really hard, it tastes good but you have to
whittle pieces off the block with an ice cream knife. Anyone have an idea
what may soften up my new recipe, aside from the microwave?

MoPaMaN

"None Given" > wrote in message
> "MoPaMaN" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > I'm a new diabetic (type 2, since June). I've had my BS level pretty

much
> in
> > the 80 to 110 range. The last few days I haven't been feeling to feel,

but
> > I've been eating OK except for about 3 cups of Low Carb Ice cream

> yesterday.
> > Now, this afternoon, I'm having been minor chest pain, so I took a Nitro
> > pill and thought I would check my BS. It was 160, after being 108 this
> > morning. I've eaten normal today.
> >
> > Could the Nitro pill cause this? Or is it a delayed reaction to the ice
> > cream? Or, have I srewed the pooch?

> Maybe Jenny has an opinion on the ice cream, if it was high in sugar
> alcohols maybe it was a delayed reaction to that?
> btw..I made some low carb ice cream the other day substituting splenda for
> the sugar and powdered milk plus splenda and smart balance margarine for

the
> sweetened condensed milk. I would have tried using the low carb milk also
> instead of the whole milk in the recipe but I could only find the

chocolate
> flavor at the store that day. Anyway, it figures out to 6 grams of carb

> a ½ cup serving, but it came out really hard, it tastes good but you have

> whittle pieces off the block with an ice cream knife. Anyone have an

idea
> what may soften up my new recipe, aside from the microwave?

Real cream and real butter...

--
Scott Hendryx---Remove Clothes To Reply!

MoPaMaN

"None Given" > wrote in message
> "MoPaMaN" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > I'm a new diabetic (type 2, since June). I've had my BS level pretty

much
> in
> > the 80 to 110 range. The last few days I haven't been feeling to feel,

but
> > I've been eating OK except for about 3 cups of Low Carb Ice cream

> yesterday.
> > Now, this afternoon, I'm having been minor chest pain, so I took a Nitro
> > pill and thought I would check my BS. It was 160, after being 108 this
> > morning. I've eaten normal today.
> >
> > Could the Nitro pill cause this? Or is it a delayed reaction to the ice
> > cream? Or, have I srewed the pooch?

> Maybe Jenny has an opinion on the ice cream, if it was high in sugar
> alcohols maybe it was a delayed reaction to that?
> btw..I made some low carb ice cream the other day substituting splenda for
> the sugar and powdered milk plus splenda and smart balance margarine for

the
> sweetened condensed milk. I would have tried using the low carb milk also
> instead of the whole milk in the recipe but I could only find the

chocolate
> flavor at the store that day. Anyway, it figures out to 6 grams of carb

> a ½ cup serving, but it came out really hard, it tastes good but you have

> whittle pieces off the block with an ice cream knife. Anyone have an

idea
> what may soften up my new recipe, aside from the microwave?

Real cream and real butter...

--
Scott Hendryx---Remove Clothes To Reply!
--
Lein Said "Now I'm wondering, is my dog a Democrat or a Republican? Being a
collie, I'd have to say democrat since her breed is one that likes to
round up and control a bunch of sheep, and she barks a lot at stupid
things."

None Given

"MoPaMaN" > wrote in message
m...

> Real cream and real butter...

It has 3 cups of heavy cream in it already (there's a reason it's called ice
_cream_)

None Given

"MoPaMaN" > wrote in message
m...

> Real cream and real butter...

It has 3 cups of heavy cream in it already (there's a reason it's called ice
_cream_)

None Given

"MoPaMaN" > wrote in message
m...

> Real cream and real butter...

It has 3 cups of heavy cream in it already (there's a reason it's called ice
_cream_)

MoPaMaN

"None Given" > wrote in message
> "MoPaMaN" > wrote in message
> m...
> > >

> > Real cream and real butter...

> It has 3 cups of heavy cream in it already (there's a reason it's called

ice
> _cream_)

I dunno, I made some a year or so ago and used soy milk, supra, Adkins's
raspberry flavoring and it turned as hard as a rock too. Maybe it's one of
those coconut oil things!

--
Scott Hendryx---Remove Clothes To Reply!
--
Lein Said "Now I'm wondering, is my dog a Democrat or a Republican? Being a
collie, I'd have to say democrat since her breed is one that likes to
round up and control a bunch of sheep, and she barks a lot at stupid
things."

MoPaMaN