None Given

"MoPaMaN" > wrote in message
. com...
> I'm a new diabetic (type 2, since June). I've had my BS level pretty much

in
> the 80 to 110 range. The last few days I haven't been feeling to feel, but
> I've been eating OK except for about 3 cups of Low Carb Ice cream

yesterday.
> Now, this afternoon, I'm having been minor chest pain, so I took a Nitro
> pill and thought I would check my BS. It was 160, after being 108 this
> morning. I've eaten normal today.
>
> Could the Nitro pill cause this? Or is it a delayed reaction to the ice
> cream? Or, have I srewed the pooch?

Maybe Jenny has an opinion on the ice cream, if it was high in sugar
alcohols maybe it was a delayed reaction to that?
btw..I made some low carb ice cream the other day substituting splenda for
the sugar and powdered milk plus splenda and smart balance margarine for the
sweetened condensed milk. I would have tried using the low carb milk also
instead of the whole milk in the recipe but I could only find the chocolate
flavor at the store that day. Anyway, it figures out to 6 grams of carb to
a ½ cup serving, but it came out really hard, it tastes good but you have to
whittle pieces off the block with an ice cream knife. Anyone have an idea
what may soften up my new recipe, aside from the microwave?