Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default recipe request

does anyone have a tried and true recipe for sweet and sour sauce they would
be comfortable serving to guests? lee

--
Have a great day

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I've made a regular one with replacing sugar with liquid splenda and it was
as good as the regular one.
This was a more authentic sauce though and not the usual sweet and sour like
you'd get in a packet...that I don't know how to make..

I don't have the recipe for mine handy but it was something simple like in a
small pot heat some rice wine vinegar with some red pepper flakes in it then
add soy sauce and then either oyster flavor sauce or fish sauce and splenda.
I also use toasted sesame oil in the non fish sauce one.

I usually augment that sauce with onion and garlic finely minced or green
onion and often fine diced red pepper.

If I'm making the fish sauce one I fine dice a baby carrot to flavor but not
spike me as I cant do carrot much at all.

I just use all the standard base ingredients and play around to find flavors
I like.

KROM

"Stormmmee" > wrote in message
> does anyone have a tried and true recipe for sweet and sour sauce they
> would be comfortable serving to guests? lee
>
> --
> Have a great day

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thank you so much, i have never seen that sauce in apackette in a recipe,
and i would really like to but in the back of my mind it seems like it might
be scarey. Lee

--
Have a great day
"KROM" > wrote in message
> I've made a regular one with replacing sugar with liquid splenda and it
> was as good as the regular one.
> This was a more authentic sauce though and not the usual sweet and sour
> like you'd get in a packet...that I don't know how to make..
>
> I don't have the recipe for mine handy but it was something simple like in
> a small pot heat some rice wine vinegar with some red pepper flakes in it
> then add soy sauce and then either oyster flavor sauce or fish sauce and
> splenda.
> I also use toasted sesame oil in the non fish sauce one.
>
> I usually augment that sauce with onion and garlic finely minced or green
> onion and often fine diced red pepper.
>
> If I'm making the fish sauce one I fine dice a baby carrot to flavor but
> not spike me as I cant do carrot much at all.
>
> I just use all the standard base ingredients and play around to find
> flavors I like.
>
> KROM
>
> "Stormmmee" > wrote in message
>> does anyone have a tried and true recipe for sweet and sour sauce they
>> would be comfortable serving to guests? lee
>>
>> --
>> Have a great day

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ok I dug out my recipe for a general tszo type sauce..delicious on anything
and dipping sauce.

1/4 cup water

equivalent sweetener of your choice to equal 1/4 cup sugar

1 tsp msg <optional>

1 tsp salt <omit if adding soy sauce>

1 tbsp pepper..white or black

1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil

1 tbsp hoisen sauce or oyster flavor sauce <oyster usually has less carbs if
any>

2 tbsp balsamic vinegar

2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or sake

1 tsp five spice powder <optional but I like it>

heat till a boil and let cool to serve as a dipping sauce or serve over
veggies etc..over broccoli and chicken is awesome!

that's the base..you change the flavor with things like red pepper flakes or
onions or garlic or fresh ginger all wonderful

I learned from a friend who was a Chinese chef that once you learn the
flavors of hoisen and fish sauce and soy sauce and oyster flavor sauce and
sesame oil you good to go making Chinese its all adjusting those flavors to
your taste.

Stock those in your pantry and your golden.

For example a fast brush on chicken sauce is simply oyster sauce and a
squirt of organic ketchup brushed over it before baking.

KROM

"Stormmmee" > wrote in message
> thank you so much, i have never seen that sauce in apackette in a recipe,
> and i would really like to but in the back of my mind it seems like it
> might be scarey. Lee
>
> --
> Have a great day
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> I've made a regular one with replacing sugar with liquid splenda and it
>> was as good as the regular one.
>> This was a more authentic sauce though and not the usual sweet and sour
>> like you'd get in a packet...that I don't know how to make..
>>
>> I don't have the recipe for mine handy but it was something simple like
>> in a small pot heat some rice wine vinegar with some red pepper flakes in
>> it then add soy sauce and then either oyster flavor sauce or fish sauce
>> and splenda.
>> I also use toasted sesame oil in the non fish sauce one.
>>
>> I usually augment that sauce with onion and garlic finely minced or green
>> onion and often fine diced red pepper.
>>
>> If I'm making the fish sauce one I fine dice a baby carrot to flavor but
>> not spike me as I cant do carrot much at all.
>>
>> I just use all the standard base ingredients and play around to find
>> flavors I like.
>>
>> KROM
>>
>> "Stormmmee" > wrote in message
>>> does anyone have a tried and true recipe for sweet and sour sauce they
>>> would be comfortable serving to guests? lee
>>>
>>> --
>>> Have a great day

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

now i am drooling, Lee

--
Have a great day
"KROM" > wrote in message
> ok I dug out my recipe for a general tszo type sauce..delicious on
> anything and dipping sauce.
>
> 1/4 cup water
>
> equivalent sweetener of your choice to equal 1/4 cup sugar
>
> 1 tsp msg <optional>
>
> 1 tsp salt <omit if adding soy sauce>
>
> 1 tbsp pepper..white or black
>
> 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
>
> 1 tbsp hoisen sauce or oyster flavor sauce <oyster usually has less carbs
> if any>
>
> 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
>
> 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or sake
>
> 1 tsp five spice powder <optional but I like it>
>
> heat till a boil and let cool to serve as a dipping sauce or serve over
> veggies etc..over broccoli and chicken is awesome!
>
> that's the base..you change the flavor with things like red pepper flakes
> or onions or garlic or fresh ginger all wonderful
>
> I learned from a friend who was a Chinese chef that once you learn the
> flavors of hoisen and fish sauce and soy sauce and oyster flavor sauce and
> sesame oil you good to go making Chinese its all adjusting those flavors
> to your taste.
>
> Stock those in your pantry and your golden.
>
> For example a fast brush on chicken sauce is simply oyster sauce and a
> squirt of organic ketchup brushed over it before baking.
>
> KROM
>

> "Stormmmee" > wrote in message
>> thank you so much, i have never seen that sauce in apackette in a recipe,
>> and i would really like to but in the back of my mind it seems like it
>> might be scarey. Lee
>>
>> --
>> Have a great day
>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>> I've made a regular one with replacing sugar with liquid splenda and it
>>> was as good as the regular one.
>>> This was a more authentic sauce though and not the usual sweet and sour
>>> like you'd get in a packet...that I don't know how to make..
>>>
>>> I don't have the recipe for mine handy but it was something simple like
>>> in a small pot heat some rice wine vinegar with some red pepper flakes
>>> in it then add soy sauce and then either oyster flavor sauce or fish
>>> sauce and splenda.
>>> I also use toasted sesame oil in the non fish sauce one.
>>>
>>> I usually augment that sauce with onion and garlic finely minced or
>>> green onion and often fine diced red pepper.
>>>
>>> If I'm making the fish sauce one I fine dice a baby carrot to flavor but
>>> not spike me as I cant do carrot much at all.
>>>
>>> I just use all the standard base ingredients and play around to find
>>> flavors I like.
>>>
>>> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> ok I dug out my recipe for a general tszo type sauce..delicious on
> anything and dipping sauce.
>
> 1/4 cup water
>
> equivalent sweetener of your choice to equal 1/4 cup sugar
>
> 1 tsp msg <optional>
>
> 1 tsp salt <omit if adding soy sauce>
>
> 1 tbsp pepper..white or black
>
> 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
>
> 1 tbsp hoisen sauce or oyster flavor sauce <oyster usually has less carbs
> if any>
>
> 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
>
> 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or sake
>
> 1 tsp five spice powder <optional but I like it>
>
> heat till a boil and let cool to serve as a dipping sauce or serve over
> veggies etc..over broccoli and chicken is awesome!

That sounds good. I will try this.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

great let me know how ya like it...its closest thing I've found to a
authentic royal cuisine sauce.

KROM

recipe request Stormmmee Recipes 0 16-11-2009 12:41 PM
Recipe request Kswck General Cooking 13 13-06-2009 12:54 PM
Recipe Request lehy Preserving 1 15-02-2009 02:35 AM
Recipe Request Yaderp Mexican Cooking 3 05-09-2006 05:14 PM
Recipe Request Matthew Givens Winemaking 0 29-03-2004 05:25 AM