Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cranberry Relish Recipe

I keep saying I am going to try this, I think this is the year.

Mama Stamburg's Cranberry Relish - posted by Debbie Cusick

"I'm happy to share my late mother-in-law, Marjorie Stamberg's recipe.:-) My
family and I hope you enjoy it, and that it will become a tradition in your
household. And remember, it's the recipe that SOUNDS terrible, but TASTES
terrific! Happy holidays! -- Susan Stamberg"

2 cups raw cranberries
1 small onion
1/2 cup sugar (replace with Splenda)
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. Horseradish

Grind the cranberries & onion together...Add remaining ingredients and mix.
Put in a plastic container and freeze. An hour before serving, move the
container from the freezer to the refrigerator compartment to thaw. The
relish will be thick, creamy, and shocking pink. Makes 1 1/2 pints!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri > wrote:
[...]

And be sure to warn your guests tht it might be a bit sharp:-) just liek
that fresh HOT mustard my mom used t make for out New Year's Day open
house. Just colman's mustrd poder and cold water andlet sit for 10
minutes they BEWARE!!!

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Cheri > wrote:
> : I keep saying I am going to try this, I think this is the year.
>

> : Mama Stamburg's Cranberry Relish - posted by Debbie Cusick
>
> : "I'm happy to share my late mother-in-law, Marjorie Stamberg's
> recipe.:-) My
> : family and I hope you enjoy it, and that it will become a tradition in
> your
> : household. And remember, it's the recipe that SOUNDS terrible, but
> TASTES
> : terrific! Happy holidays! -- Susan Stamberg"
>
> : 2 cups raw cranberries
> : 1 small onion
> : 1/2 cup sugar (replace with Splenda)
> : 3/4 cup sour cream
> : 2 tbsp. Horseradish
>
> : Grind the cranberries & onion together...Add remaining ingredients and
> mix.
> : Put in a plastic container and freeze. An hour before serving, move the
> : container from the freezer to the refrigerator compartment to thaw. The
> : relish will be thick, creamy, and shocking pink. Makes 1 1/2 pints!
>
> And be sure to warn your guests tht it might be a bit sharp:-) just liek
> that fresh HOT mustard my mom used t make for out New Year's Day open
> house. Just colman's mustrd poder and cold water andlet sit for 10
> minutes they BEWARE!!!
>
> Wendy

That's why I've been afraid to make it, so I will make a trial run first.
:-)

Cheri