Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Bitman's chicken Recipe

Mark bitman had a gread sounding recipe today in the NY Times yuppie food
section in is Minimalist colunm that looks lke it would n't be bad. It it
a crispy fried chicen that uses a paste of tahini(sesame seeed paste) and
other stuff to rub on the chicken before lightly flouring it and then
frying it in shallow olive oil to make a crisp coating and fst! i can't
sent the recipe because , for some reason it won't let itself be sent to
me. I will try again later to see if it works now. If someone can get
the url form the nytimes.com site adn posts it here, I could save it that
way. Sounds easy, crispy and good and not a lot of flour.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Mark bitman had a gread sounding recipe today in the NY Times yuppie food
> section in is Minimalist colunm that looks lke it would n't be bad. It it
> a crispy fried chicen that uses a paste of tahini(sesame seeed paste) and
> other stuff to rub on the chicken before lightly flouring it and then
> frying it in shallow olive oil to make a crisp coating and fst! i can't
> sent the recipe because , for some reason it won't let itself be sent to
> me. I will try again later to see if it works now. If someone can get
> the url form the nytimes.com site adn posts it here, I could save it that
> way. Sounds easy, crispy and good and not a lot of flour.
>
> Wendy

Recipe
15-Minute Fried Herbed Chicken

Published: January 20, 2009
Time: 15 minutes

Skip to next paragraph
Related
The Minimalist: This Fried Chicken Reaps Superlatives (January 21, 2009)
1 medium onion, roughly chopped

1 to 2 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, like tarragon and sage

2 tablespoons tahini or peanut butter

1/4 cup olive oil, more for frying

Flour for dredging

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 half-breasts

Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish

Lemon wedges for serving.

1. In a blender or the container of a food processor, combine onion, herbs
and tahini. As you purée the mixture, slowly add just enough olive oil
through the feed tube to make a thick, smooth paste; do not let it get too
thin.

2. Put flour in a shallow bowl. Place chicken in another bowl. Rub puréed
mixture over chicken, then dredge each piece in flour. Gently shake off any
excess flour, coat again with paste and dredge once more in flour.

3. Heat 1/4 inch olive oil in a skillet; when it is hot, fry chicken for
about 4 minutes each side, until well browned and cooked through; it will
take longer if you use chicken with the bone in. Garnish with parsley and
serve hot or warm, with lemon wedges.

Yield: 4 servings.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"DLynch" > wrote in message

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Mark bitman had a gread sounding recipe today in the NY Times yuppie food
>> section in is Minimalist colunm that looks lke it would n't be bad. It
>> it
>> a crispy fried chicen that uses a paste of tahini(sesame seeed paste) and
>> other stuff to rub on the chicken before lightly flouring it and then
>> frying it in shallow olive oil to make a crisp coating and fst! i can't
>> sent the recipe because , for some reason it won't let itself be sent to
>> me. I will try again later to see if it works now. If someone can get
>> the url form the nytimes.com site adn posts it here, I could save it that
>> way. Sounds easy, crispy and good and not a lot of flour.
>>
>> Wendy

> Recipe
> 15-Minute Fried Herbed Chicken
>
> Published: January 20, 2009
> Time: 15 minutes
>
> Skip to next paragraph
> Related
> The Minimalist: This Fried Chicken Reaps Superlatives (January 21, 2009)
> 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
>
> 1 to 2 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, like tarragon and sage
>
> 2 tablespoons tahini or peanut butter
>
> 1/4 cup olive oil, more for frying
>
> Flour for dredging
>
> 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 half-breasts
>
> Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
>
> Lemon wedges for serving.
>

> 1. In a blender or the container of a food processor, combine onion, herbs
> and tahini. As you purée the mixture, slowly add just enough olive oil
> through the feed tube to make a thick, smooth paste; do not let it get too
> thin.
>
> 2. Put flour in a shallow bowl. Place chicken in another bowl. Rub puréed
> mixture over chicken, then dredge each piece in flour. Gently shake off
> any excess flour, coat again with paste and dredge once more in flour.
>
> 3. Heat 1/4 inch olive oil in a skillet; when it is hot, fry chicken for
> about 4 minutes each side, until well browned and cooked through; it will
> take longer if you use chicken with the bone in. Garnish with parsley and
> serve hot or warm, with lemon wedges.
>
> Yield: 4 servings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/di....html?emc=eta1

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"DLynch" > wrote:

> Recipe
> 15-Minute Fried Herbed Chicken

Thanks! That one's a keeper.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "DLynch" > wrote:
>
>> Recipe
>> 15-Minute Fried Herbed Chicken

> Thanks! That one's a keeper.
>
> PP

That sounds really tasty!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

DLynch > wrote:

: Recipe
: 15-Minute Fried Herbed Chicken

: Published: January 20, 2009
: Time: 15 minutes

: Skip to next paragraph
: Related
: The Minimalist: This Fried Chicken Reaps Superlatives (January 21, 2009)
: 1 medium onion, roughly chopped

Thanks! I have no idea why it would not allow itself to be sent to me .

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: In article >,
: "DLynch" > wrote:

: > Recipe
: > 15-Minute Fried Herbed Chicken

: Thanks! That one's a keeper.

: PP

that's what I though too! I was so unhappy that it would not allow itself
to be emailed to me from the times.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> DLynch > wrote:
>

> : Recipe
> : 15-Minute Fried Herbed Chicken
>
> : Published: January 20, 2009
> : Time: 15 minutes
>
> : Skip to next paragraph
> : Related
> : The Minimalist: This Fried Chicken Reaps Superlatives (January 21, 2009)
> : 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
>
> Thanks! I have no idea why it would not allow itself to be sent to me .
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,
It only emails you the link anyway. I had to copy & paste, reformat, etc.
Deb

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

DLynch > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > DLynch > wrote:
: >
: >
: > : Recipe
: > : 15-Minute Fried Herbed Chicken
: >
: > : Published: January 20, 2009
: > : Time: 15 minutes
: >
: > : Skip to next paragraph
: > : Related
: > : The Minimalist: This Fried Chicken Reaps Superlatives (January 21, 2009)
: > : 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
: >
: > Thanks! I have no idea why it would not allow itself to be sent to me .
: >
: > Wendy

: Hi Wendy,
: It only emails you the link anyway. I had to copy & paste, reformat, etc.
: Deb

It wouldn't mail me the link! I kept trying and it cintinued to ask me to
whom to eail it to even after I told t to send me and send. The Ties does
this every once in a while for some unknown reason.

The recipe just looked so good to me that I wanted to try it!

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:

> It wouldn't mail me the link! I kept trying and it cintinued to ask me to
> whom to eail it to even after I told t to send me and send. The Ties does
> this every once in a while for some unknown reason.
>
> The recipe just looked so good to me that I wanted to try it!
>
> Wendy

Try this little freebie saves the whole page, I use it all the time.

Local Website Archive
http://tinyurl.com/27bplw

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Bitman on labeling GMO foods. ImStillMags General Cooking 0 16-02-2011 09:50 PM
Rotisserie chicken recipe - Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 10 08-02-2010 06:12 AM
A different chicken recipe Randy[_1_] Barbecue 25 25-04-2008 03:09 PM
Chicken recipe biig General Cooking 3 18-07-2007 10:15 PM
Recipe for Butter Chicken, or Chicken Tikka Masala Christopher Asian Cooking 6 17-01-2004 09:55 PM