Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rotisserie chicken recipe - Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

I may make a couple of these this weekend. I've got a chicken thigh
thawing. :-0)

Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

Recipe By: Katie Lee on CBS Early Morning Show

Saw this on CBS Early Morning show 2-5-2010, as a superbowl snack.
Actual recipe came from
<http://www.ehow.com/how_4799252_buffalo-chicken-quesadillas.html>
There's a video on the CBS Early Morning site

1 store-bought chicken, shredded
3/4 cup buffalo wings sauce
1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
12 small soft flour tortillas
Nonstick cooking spray
Blue cheese or ranch dressing
Celery sticks (optional)

Preheat a 10" skillet on medium heat. Mix the chicken and the wings
sauce in a bowl until it is mixed evenly; add the cheese.

Divide the chicken-cheese-sauce mixture on 6 flat tortillas, then top
each one with the other 6 tortillas.

In the preheated skillet, still on medium heat, spray nonstick spray.
Then place your first quesadilla in. Only spend about 3-5 minutes per
side, depending on how brown and crispy you would like them to get. Make
sure they don't burn. Use a spatula to turn each one.

Cut the finished quesadillas into halves or quarters and serve with blue
cheese or ranch dressing. Celery sticks on the stick are optional and
help calm down the spicyness!

Comment: Seems like this will make more than 6 quesadillas, especially
if they're small ones.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller; new entries posted 2-2-2010
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>I may make a couple of these this weekend. I've got a chicken thigh
> thawing. :-0)
>
> Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
>
> Recipe By: Katie Lee on CBS Early Morning Show
>
> Saw this on CBS Early Morning show 2-5-2010, as a superbowl snack.
> Actual recipe came from
> <http://www.ehow.com/how_4799252_buffalo-chicken-quesadillas.html>
> There's a video on the CBS Early Morning site
>
> 1 store-bought chicken, shredded
> 3/4 cup buffalo wings sauce
> 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
> 12 small soft flour tortillas
> Nonstick cooking spray
> Blue cheese or ranch dressing
> Celery sticks (optional)
>
> Preheat a 10" skillet on medium heat. Mix the chicken and the wings
> sauce in a bowl until it is mixed evenly; add the cheese.
>
> Divide the chicken-cheese-sauce mixture on 6 flat tortillas, then top
> each one with the other 6 tortillas.
>
> In the preheated skillet, still on medium heat, spray nonstick spray.
> Then place your first quesadilla in. Only spend about 3-5 minutes per
> side, depending on how brown and crispy you would like them to get. Make
> sure they don't burn. Use a spatula to turn each one.
>
> Cut the finished quesadillas into halves or quarters and serve with blue
> cheese or ranch dressing. Celery sticks on the stick are optional and
> help calm down the spicyness!
>

> Comment: Seems like this will make more than 6 quesadillas, especially
> if they're small ones.
>
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> http://web.me.com/barbschaller; new entries posted 2-2-2010

Sounds horrific! IMHO you're trying to combine two differing culture
cuisines. Maybe I'm just not imaginative enough

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 19:49:41 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >I may make a couple of these this weekend. I've got a chicken thigh
> >thawing. :-0)
> >
> >Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

> Just one?
>
> Christine

Just one. I'll be the only one eating it.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller; new entries posted 2-2-2010
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

> > Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

> Sounds horrific! IMHO you're trying to combine two differing culture
> cuisines. Maybe I'm just not imaginative enough
>
> Jill

Maybe it should be called Picantes Quesadillas con Pollo.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller; new entries posted 2-2-2010
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

>> > Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

>> Sounds horrific! IMHO you're trying to combine two differing culture
>> cuisines. Maybe I'm just not imaginative enough
>>
>> Jill

> Maybe it should be called Picantes Quesadillas con Pollo.
>
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> http://web.me.com/barbschaller; new entries posted 2-2-2010

Whatever he/she called it, it inspired me to take out my quesadilla baker.
I bought some queso fresco and am making cheese quesadillas. No rotisserie
chicken, no ranch dressing, just flour tortillas, some Penzey's Ancho chili
powder and the cheese. What a wonderful thing!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

My husband would like these. He wants to try the recipe for Buffalo
Chicken sliders that I found earlier this week. It called for a
piece of grilled chicken topped with hot wing sauce and blue cheese,
all served in a wee little slider roll.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:

>My husband would like these. He wants to try the recipe for Buffalo
>Chicken sliders that I found earlier this week. It called for a
>piece of grilled chicken topped with hot wing sauce and blue cheese,
>all served in a wee little slider roll.

Wings schmings, what kinda guy is your hubby who is happy with widdle
bony wings ... give him chick tiddies he can really wrap his lips
around... can serve these with sauce n' bleu chizz onna *hero* roll:

Lift and separate each tiddy n' coat with crumbs you season yerself:
http://i46.tinypic.com/27y8r3s.jpg

Heat pan with olive earl n' budder:
http://i45.tinypic.com/281y5c9.jpg

Fry side C cup:
http://i46.tinypic.com/swej47.jpg

Fry side D cup"
http://i47.tinypic.com/2di203s.jpg

Serve a nursing bra fulla chick tiddy can make hubby proud:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2gwdj0k.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Whatever he/she called it, it inspired me to take out my quesadilla baker.
> I bought some queso fresco and am making cheese quesadillas. No rotisserie
> chicken, no ranch dressing, just flour tortillas, some Penzey's Ancho chili
> powder and the cheese. What a wonderful thing!
>
> Jill

Okay.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller; new entries posted 2-2-2010
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>> Whatever he/she called it, it inspired me to take out my quesadilla baker.
>> I bought some queso fresco and am making cheese quesadillas. No rotisserie
>> chicken, no ranch dressing, just flour tortillas, some Penzey's Ancho chili
>> powder and the cheese. What a wonderful thing!
>>
>> Jill

Kinda bland compared to Barb's, ennit?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote in message

>> In article >,
>> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>>
>>> Whatever he/she called it, it inspired me to take out my quesadilla
>>> baker. I bought some queso fresco and am making cheese quesadillas. No
>>> rotisserie chicken, no ranch dressing, just flour tortillas, some
>>> Penzey's Ancho chili powder and the cheese. What a wonderful thing!
>>>
>>> Jill

> Kinda bland compared to Barb's, ennit?
>
> gloria p

Perhaps, but I don't see Buffalo chicken with ranch dressing & quesadillas
meshing well. Maybe it's just me but seems like a strange mix of upstate NY
and the southwest. I'm really not into "fusion" And I like my
quesadillas fairly simple.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> I may make a couple of these this weekend. I've got a chicken thigh
> thawing. :-0)
>
> Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

They were very good.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller;
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas - pictures 2-7-2010

Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas - recipe Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 5 07-02-2011 02:25 AM
Buffalo Roast Chicken -> Ghanian Peanut Chicken Soup Silvar Beitel General Cooking 2 11-10-2008 07:06 PM
Cheese And Chicken Quesadillas Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 0 21-05-2006 01:42 AM
Chicken Quesadillas Duckie ® Recipes 0 11-01-2006 04:59 PM
Chicken Quesadillas lottery75115 Recipes (moderated) 0 17-07-2005 04:38 AM