Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Fried cheese?

I was reading on a message board (low carb) about queso _____ - cant' think
of the second word. Has anyone ever bought this Mexican cheese for frying?
Does it get crisp?

--
~Donna A~
http://www.frugalsewing.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Donna wrote:
> I was reading on a message board (low carb) about queso _____ - cant' think
> of the second word. Has anyone ever bought this Mexican cheese for frying?
> Does it get crisp?

If you're talking - queso fresco, I've never tried frying fresh
cheese, but it
sounds delicious. Fried in virgin coconut oil of course.

Here ya go. How To Fry Cheese

http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/tech...yingcheese.htm

The author prefers queso blanco, but says it works fine with fresco.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Donna > wrote:
> I was reading on a message board (low carb) about queso _____ - cant'
> think of the second word. Has anyone ever bought this Mexican cheese for
> frying? Does it get crisp?

Queso Blanco. Fries nice in a skillet with some bacon fat or lard.

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: Donna > wrote:
: > I was reading on a message board (low carb) about queso _____ - cant'
: > think of the second word. Has anyone ever bought this Mexican cheese for
: > frying? Does it get crisp?

: Queso Blanco. Fries nice in a skillet with some bacon fat or lard.

: --
: Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their

Nick, why do you do this to me:-) I might try it with some oil or even
buter!

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> : Donna > wrote:
> : > I was reading on a message board (low carb) about queso _____ - cant'
> : > think of the second word. Has anyone ever bought this Mexican cheese
> for
> : > frying? Does it get crisp?
>
> : Queso Blanco. Fries nice in a skillet with some bacon fat or lard.
>
> : --
> : Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
>
> Nick, why do you do this to me:-) I might try it with some oil or even
> buter!
>
> Wendy

That's not nearly so bad as today on another newsgroup we were talking about
crunchy deep fried balls of falafel, in a nice fluffy pita with garlicky
cucumber sauce! Yum.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Donna" > wrote in message
5.247...
>I was reading on a message board (low carb) about queso _____ - cant' think
> of the second word. Has anyone ever bought this Mexican cheese for frying?
> Does it get crisp?
>
> --
> ~Donna A~
> http://www.frugalsewing.com
> http://www.thesewingdictionary.com

I love fried cheddar. Put in a non stick skillet, perhaps sprayed with Pam,
then layer with cheddar and fry until crispy... remove from all the oil
that is now present in the skillet and enjoy. It's delicious.

Wes

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> : Donna > wrote:
> : > I was reading on a message board (low carb) about queso _____ - cant'
> : > think of the second word. Has anyone ever bought this Mexican cheese
> : > for frying? Does it get crisp?
>
> : Queso Blanco. Fries nice in a skillet with some bacon fat or lard.

> Nick, why do you do this to me:-) I might try it with some oil or even
> buter!

Sorry. Yes. Butter! I luvs ya, li'l Sister. ;-)

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote:
> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> > Nick Cramer > wrote:
> > : Donna > wrote:
> > : > [ . . . ]
> > : Queso Blanco. Fries nice in a skillet with some bacon fat or lard.

> > Nick, why do you do this to me:-) I might try it with some oil or even
> > buter!

> That's not nearly so bad as today on another newsgroup we were talking
> about crunchy deep fried balls of falafel, in a nice fluffy pita with
> garlicky cucumber sauce! Yum.

Can falafel be made with cannellini beans (fagioli)? Garlicky cucumber
sauce sounds good.

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

High Miles > wrote in news:rdyal.6980$1L3.5809
@newsfe20.iad:

> http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/tech...yingcheese.htm
>
> The author prefers queso blanco, but says it works fine with fresco.

queso blanco was it!

Thanks. I wonder if it is crispy when done. I just might have to try it.

--
~Donna A~
http://www.frugalsewing.com
http://www.thesewingdictionary.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> > Nick Cramer > wrote:
>> > : Donna > wrote:
>> > : > [ . . . ]
>> > : Queso Blanco. Fries nice in a skillet with some bacon fat or lard.

>> > Nick, why do you do this to me:-) I might try it with some oil or even
>> > buter!

>> That's not nearly so bad as today on another newsgroup we were talking
>> about crunchy deep fried balls of falafel, in a nice fluffy pita with
>> garlicky cucumber sauce! Yum.

> Can falafel be made with cannellini beans (fagioli)? Garlicky cucumber
> sauce sounds good.

I don't know. You could try it, but the traditional way is with chick peas
and it is soooooo good!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Donna wrote:
> High Miles > wrote in news:rdyal.6980$1L3.5809
> @newsfe20.iad:
>
>> http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/tech...yingcheese.htm
>>
>> The author prefers queso blanco, but says it works fine with fresco.

> queso blanco was it!
>
> Thanks. I wonder if it is crispy when done. I just might have to try it.

Aw go ahead.
How bad could it be.
I had some 'blanco' so after reading about it, I fried some in my usual
coconut oil and it was crisp outside and soft inside.
And...........................yummy.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: "Evelyn" > wrote:
: > "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: > > Nick Cramer > wrote:
: > > : Donna > wrote:
: > > : > [ . . . ]
: > > : Queso Blanco. Fries nice in a skillet with some bacon fat or lard.

: > > Nick, why do you do this to me:-) I might try it with some oil or even
: > > buter!

: > That's not nearly so bad as today on another newsgroup we were talking
: > about crunchy deep fried balls of falafel, in a nice fluffy pita with
: > garlicky cucumber sauce! Yum.

: Can falafel be made with cannellini beans (fagioli)? Garlicky cucumber
: sauce sounds good.

: --
: Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their

Generally it is chick peas(ceci), garbanzo, nahit or whtever you call
them:-) You coul dtry the cannellini beans and let us know how it comes
out.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

High Miles > wrote in news:97Ual.17715$Nv1.14088
@newsfe03.iad:

> Aw go ahead.
> How bad could it be.
> I had some 'blanco' so after reading about it, I fried some in my usual
> coconut oil and it was crisp outside and soft inside.

As soon as my kitchen is back in order and I'm using my stove again, I'm
definitely going to try it. I think it would be good to dip into all sorts
of things, sweet or spicy, fruity or herbal. It's on my grocery list (the
blanco).

--
~Donna A~
http://www.frugalsewing.com
http://www.thesewingdictionary.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Donna wrote:
> High Miles > wrote in news:97Ual.17715$Nv1.14088
> @newsfe03.iad:
>
>> Aw go ahead.
>> How bad could it be.
>> I had some 'blanco' so after reading about it, I fried some in my usual
>> coconut oil and it was crisp outside and soft inside.

> As soon as my kitchen is back in order and I'm using my stove again, I'm
> definitely going to try it. I think it would be good to dip into all sorts
> of things, sweet or spicy, fruity or herbal. It's on my grocery list (the
> blanco).

I live in a very Mexican area. I looked all over the grocery store for
queso blanco. There doesn't seem to be such a thing.

Most Mexican cheese is "blanco" meaning 'white'. Are you sure you don't
mean queso fresco?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Donna wrote:
>> High Miles > wrote in news:97Ual.17715$Nv1.14088
>> @newsfe03.iad:
>>
>>> Aw go ahead.
>>> How bad could it be.
>>> I had some 'blanco' so after reading about it, I fried some in my usual
>>> coconut oil and it was crisp outside and soft inside.

>> As soon as my kitchen is back in order and I'm using my stove again, I'm
>> definitely going to try it. I think it would be good to dip into all
>> sorts of things, sweet or spicy, fruity or herbal. It's on my grocery
>> list (the blanco).

> I live in a very Mexican area. I looked all over the grocery store for
> queso blanco. There doesn't seem to be such a thing.
>
> Most Mexican cheese is "blanco" meaning 'white'. Are you sure you don't
> mean queso fresco?

The link to the recipe for this stated you could use either one.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Donna wrote:

>>> As soon as my kitchen is back in order and I'm using my stove again,
>>> I'm definitely going to try it. I think it would be good to dip into
>>> all sorts of things, sweet or spicy, fruity or herbal. It's on my
>>> grocery list (the blanco).

>> I live in a very Mexican area. I looked all over the grocery store for
>> queso blanco. There doesn't seem to be such a thing.
>>
>> Most Mexican cheese is "blanco" meaning 'white'. Are you sure you
>> don't mean queso fresco?

> The link to the recipe for this stated you could use either one.

Thanks, Evelyn. I just Googled queso blanco and it appears that it is
the same thing, I have just never seen it called anything but queso
fresco. All the Mexican cheeses I am aware of are blanco or white. I've
not seen an orange or yellow Mexican cheese so you can understand my
confusion.

As an aside, queso fresco can be very salty.