Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default popcorn experiment was a success!

I was runing a bit high but decided to ignore that and test away.

I put two tablspoons popcorn in a class caserol dish with one pat butter and
about a teaspoon olive oil and nuked it with lid on of course for 4 minutes
and made about two cups popped pocorn.

Tossed on some salt and it was delicoous..somthing ive not had since dx.

my pre bg was 93

one hours was 91

two hour was 92

three hour was 92

then i ate some bacon and eggs cause i was hungry by then..lol

but rest of the day was the same 90-93 range

So im pleased..i will try it again and test agin a few more times to be
sure.

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

What size is your casserole dish? Sounds like something I would like to
try..I have used the microwavable popcorn...but I would rather not have the
extra chemicals in the seasoning if I don't have to
"krom" > wrote in message
>I was runing a bit high but decided to ignore that and test away.
>
> I put two tablspoons popcorn in a class caserol dish with one pat butter
> and about a teaspoon olive oil and nuked it with lid on of course for 4
> minutes and made about two cups popped pocorn.
>
> Tossed on some salt and it was delicoous..somthing ive not had since dx.
>
> my pre bg was 93
>
> one hours was 91
>
> two hour was 92
>
> three hour was 92
>
> then i ate some bacon and eggs cause i was hungry by then..lol
>
> but rest of the day was the same 90-93 range
>
> So im pleased..i will try it again and test agin a few more times to be
> sure.
>
> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
> What size is your casserole dish? Sounds like something I would like to
> try..I have used the microwavable popcorn...but I would rather not have
> the extra chemicals in the seasoning if I don't have to

You can get a microwaveable popcorn bowl. I used to use them, but found I
prefer pan popped corn.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks Julie...I will do a search for one
Jacquie

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "jacquie" > wrote in message
> m...
>> What size is your casserole dish? Sounds like something I would like to
>> try..I have used the microwavable popcorn...but I would rather not have
>> the extra chemicals in the seasoning if I don't have to

> You can get a microwaveable popcorn bowl. I used to use them, but found I
> prefer pan popped corn.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol..i couldnt tell you what it is as far as quarts etc but its pretty
small..it could maybe hold 4 cups popcorn popped.

It is pretty heavy for its size..i think its pyrex.

Works great!

KROM

"jacquie" > wrote
> What size is your casserole dish? Sounds like something I would like to
> try..I have used the microwavable popcorn...but I would rather not have
> the extra chemicals in the seasoning if I don't have to
> "

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

If it is Pyrex look on the bottom it should tell you the size. Did it have
it's own lid?
"krom" > wrote in message
> lol..i couldnt tell you what it is as far as quarts etc but its pretty
> small..it could maybe hold 4 cups popcorn popped.
>
> It is pretty heavy for its size..i think its pyrex.
>
> Works great!
>
> KROM
>
> "jacquie" > wrote
>> What size is your casserole dish? Sounds like something I would like to
>> try..I have used the microwavable popcorn...but I would rather not have
>> the extra chemicals in the seasoning if I don't have to
>> "

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Just looked and its a pyrex 2 quart with its own lid..exacttly like this
one:

http://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Bakeware.../dp/B0000CF3UW

KROM

"jacquie" > wrote ...
> If it is Pyrex look on the bottom it should tell you the size. Did it have
> it's own lid?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I read something yesterday that said not to use pyrex to pop popcorn. I
found a neat little container that I ordered. You can see it he
http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Zone-Microware-Popcorn-Popper/dp/B000IMYID0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1217971084&sr=8-1"krom" > wrote in ...> Just looked and its a pyrex 2 quart with its own lid..exacttly like thisone:>>> http://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Bakeware-2-Quart-Casserole-Dish/dp/B0000CF3UW>> KROM>>> "jacquie" > wrote ...>> If it is Pyrex look on the bottom it should tell you the size. Did ithave it's own lid?>>>>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:19:13 -0700, "jacquie"
> wrote:

>I read something yesterday that said not to use pyrex to pop popcorn.

I wonder why that would be? It's only toughened glass, isn't it?

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

jacquie wrote:
> I read something yesterday that said not to use pyrex to pop popcorn. I
> found a neat little container that I ordered. You can see it he
> http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Zone-Microware-Popcorn-Popper/dp/B000IMYID0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1217971084&sr=8-1"krom" > wrote in ...> Just looked and its a pyrex 2 quart with its own lid..exacttly like thisone:>>> http://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Bakeware-2-Quart-Casserole-Dish/dp/B0000CF3UW>> KROM>>> "jacquie" > wrote ...>> If it is Pyrex look on the bottom it should tell you the size. Did ithave it's own lid?>>>>

why can't you use pyrex to pop popcorn?

--
kate
type 1 since 1987

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

It didn't say why..I also looked at corningware and it also said not to use
for popping popcorn.
"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:19:13 -0700, "jacquie"
> > wrote:
>
>>I read something yesterday that said not to use pyrex to pop popcorn.

> I wonder why that would be? It's only toughened glass, isn't it?
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
> It didn't say why..I also looked at corningware and it also said not to
> use for popping popcorn.

The pinging corn might break the glass. The microwave poppers I've had have
been made of plastic or something like that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Meh...... ive had no problem..lol

KROM

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "jacquie" > wrote in message
> m...
>> It didn't say why..I also looked at corningware and it also said not to
>> use for popping popcorn.

> The pinging corn might break the glass. The microwave poppers I've had
> have been made of plastic or something like that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I just wonder if weakens the glass somehow...anyways if anything happens let
us know

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

will do!

KROM

"jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
>I just wonder if weakens the glass somehow...anyways if anything happens
>let us know

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Here's the one we use at home (I found the Power Cup inserts very
inexpensively on ebay - and you can pop the corn without oil, although
we use olive oil):

http://www.amazon.com/Presto-04830-P...9523634&sr=8-2

Mine is over 20 years old and still going strong.

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:19:13 -0700, "jacquie"
> wrote:

>I read something yesterdae y that said not to use pyrex to pop popcorn. I
>found a neat little container that I ordered. You can see it he
> http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Zone-Microware-Popcorn-Popper/dp/B000IMYID0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1217971084&sr=8-1"krom" > wrote in ...> Just looked and its a pyrex 2 quart with its own lid..exacttly like thisone:>>> http://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Bakeware-2-Quart-Casserole-Dish/dp/B0000CF3UW>> KROM>>> "jacquie" > wrote ...>> If it is Pyrex look on the bottom it should tell you the size. Did ithave it's own lid?>>>>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cool..im still having no problems using my pyrex dish with lid and i know i
can use olive oil etc with this without burning anything plastic.

KROM

"Linda Smith" > wrote in message
> Here's the one we use at home (I found the Power Cup inserts very
> inexpensively on ebay - and you can pop the corn without oil, although
> we use olive oil):
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Presto-04830-P...9523634&sr=8-2
>
> Mine is over 20 years old and still going strong.

Pecan Pie Experiment - Success! Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 15 28-11-2011 01:32 AM
popcorn experiment krom Diabetic 28 02-08-2008 05:46 AM
Pie Success! The Ranger[_2_] General Cooking 10 12-09-2007 03:02 PM
That buttery aroma might be toxic, too: Common chemical in popcorn at center of concern [Scout popcorn OK] Fred Goodwin, CMA General Cooking 0 06-09-2007 10:52 PM
Success! chimera[_3_] Sourdough 1 18-03-2007 05:11 PM