Old 23-05-2008, 03:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Hypo today

In article [email protected],
"Julie Bove" wrote:

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
Priscilla H. Ballou wrote:
In article ,
Janet Wilder wrote:

Nick, please don't let a hypo be an excuse to eat extra carbs of any
kind. It is a medical condition and needs to be treated with the correct
medical approach. This does NOT include bagels or toast.

*Some* bagel or toast would be fine. There's no need to avoid countering
a hypo with a food that you love but you normally can't eat. I keep
maple syrup in house for guests and rarely use more than a drop or two
myself, but once I needed to counter a hypo and sipped a tablespoon of it
(13 grams carb). It was glorious, and it brought me back up out of shaky
territory. Why shouldn't I use something I like? Just watch the
*amount*.

Priscilla, T2

Maple syrup is a fast-acting carb. Bread is not

White bread is.

Yup. Starts being metabolized in the mouth.

Priscilla, T2

Another hypo Nick Cramer Diabetic 0 16-07-2009 09:08 AM
Hypo and food Nick Cramer Diabetic 1 09-07-2009 09:15 AM
Hypo and food Nick Cramer Diabetic 0 09-07-2009 03:55 AM
Hypo/Diabetic [email protected] Diabetic 28 07-08-2007 07:53 AM
That's it for today terrymcintire Recipes 1 16-10-2004 06:09 PM