Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Unsweetened Cranberry Juice

I just saw an Ocean Spray (the cranberry people hee in theUS) ad for a new
product for no sugar at all cranberry juice. Have any of you seen, bought
or tried this? Unless it has some artificial sweeteners in it it shuld be
plenty sour! Any thought, ideas, etc.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> I just saw an Ocean Spray (the cranberry people hee in theUS) ad for a new
> product for no sugar at all cranberry juice. Have any of you seen, bought
> or tried this? Unless it has some artificial sweeteners in it it shuld be
> plenty sour! Any thought, ideas, etc.

I got a bottle of unsweetened cranberry juice from Trader Joe's some
time ago, and I opened it at Christmas. Without sweetener it is sour as
all get out, but I added a little erythritol to a glass and it was fine.
I diluted it with seltzer and had a nice cranberry fizz. Lots of lovely
antioxidants and little spikability.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
>I just saw an Ocean Spray (the cranberry people hee in theUS) ad for a new
> product for no sugar at all cranberry juice. Have any of you seen, bought
> or tried this? Unless it has some artificial sweeteners in it it shuld be
> plenty sour! Any thought, ideas, etc.
>
> Wendy

I tried a no sugar added cranberry juice before I got diabetes. I don't
remember if it was that brand. It was sour and a little bitter.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alice Faber > wrote:
: In article >,
: "W. Baker" > wrote:

: > I just saw an Ocean Spray (the cranberry people hee in theUS) ad for a new
: > product for no sugar at all cranberry juice. Have any of you seen, bought
: > or tried this? Unless it has some artificial sweeteners in it it shuld be
: > plenty sour! Any thought, ideas, etc.
: >

: I bought another brand of this once when I had a UTI. It certainly is
: sour, and pretty strong. I diluted it considerably with water and added
: a little Splenda and it was OK.

: --
: "and the snark alert level has reached "fuschia""
: ---zig zigalo homes in on the meat of the matter

Thanks to everybody for their reports. It sounds like I might try it and
go Priscilla's route in a sweetened spritzerand use it in cooking for nice
tang in some dishes. In view of tehh strength, I might also try at
breakfast diluted and splenda'ed for a good pill washer downer.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

How much nature sugar and carbs does it contain?
"W. Baker" > wrote in message
>I just saw an Ocean Spray (the cranberry people hee in theUS) ad for a new
> product for no sugar at all cranberry juice. Have any of you seen, bought
> or tried this? Unless it has some artificial sweeteners in it it shuld be
> plenty sour! Any thought, ideas, etc.
>
> Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

dfederico > wrote:
: How much nature sugar and carbs does it contain?
: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: >I just saw an Ocean Spray (the cranberry people hee in theUS) ad for a new
: > product for no sugar at all cranberry juice. Have any of you seen, bought
: > or tried this? Unless it has some artificial sweeteners in it it shuld be
: > plenty sour! Any thought, ideas, etc.
: >
: > Wendy

I havn't seen the bottle yet, just the ad, but cranberries are extremely
low in sugar so the unsweetened juice also should be. Someoone else may
have a bottle and can provide more specific inromation.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
> I just saw an Ocean Spray (the cranberry people hee in theUS) ad for a new
> product for no sugar at all cranberry juice. Have any of you seen, bought
> or tried this? Unless it has some artificial sweeteners in it it shuld be
> plenty sour! Any thought, ideas, etc.
>
> Wendy

We use it to add flavor to various sugar free drinks like tropicana diet
lemonade and polar diet half & half (lemon lime soda). A little bit of
cranberry goes a long way to improve the flavor of other drinks. You
can add a little rum to the lemonade and cranberry and it makes a nice
rum punch. Great summer drink.

ed
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
> I just saw an Ocean Spray (the cranberry people hee in theUS) ad for a new
> product for no sugar at all cranberry juice. Have any of you seen, bought
> or tried this? Unless it has some artificial sweeteners in it it shuld be
> plenty sour! Any thought, ideas, etc.

There's always been unsweetened cranberry juice, though it's harder to
find than the cranberry juice cocktail sutff.

Though it's sour as heck, it's still pretty carby. I don't use it
straight, but dilute it and add stevia - same as for lemon or lime
juice. Sort of a cran-ade drink.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:

> I havn't seen the bottle yet, just the ad, but cranberries are extremely
> low in sugar so the unsweetened juice also should be. Someoone else may
> have a bottle and can provide more specific inromation.

8 oz has 12 g carb.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ed wrote:

> We use it to add flavor to various sugar free drinks like tropicana diet
> lemonade and polar diet half & half (lemon lime soda). A little bit of
> cranberry goes a long way to improve the flavor of other drinks. You
> can add a little rum to the lemonade and cranberry and it makes a nice
> rum punch. Great summer drink.

It seems to me it'd be darned good in diet ginger ale.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jan 2, 1:27*pm, "W. Baker" > wrote:
> I just saw an Ocean Spray (the cranberry people hee in theUS) ad for a new
> product for no sugar at all cranberry juice. *Have any of you seen, bought
> or tried this? *Unless it has some artificial sweeteners in it it shuld be
> plenty sour! *Any thought, ideas, etc.
>
> Wendy * *

Try Old Orchard Healthy Balance. It's sweetened with Splenda and only
has 6 carbs for 8 oz. I like it much better and they have different
flavors, ie Apple Raspberry, Apple Cranberry, Cran Grape. Old
Orchard, in it's non-diet state, can be found in most grocery stores
but you have to look for the diet or ask the store manager to carry
more.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thumbody > wrote:
: On Jan 2, 1:27?pm, "W. Baker" > wrote:
: > I just saw an Ocean Spray (the cranberry people hee in theUS) ad for a new
: > product for no sugar at all cranberry juice. ?Have any of you seen, bought
: > or tried this? ?Unless it has some artificial sweeteners in it it shuld be
: > plenty sour! ?Any thought, ideas, etc.
: >
: > Wendy ? ?

: Try Old Orchard Healthy Balance. It's sweetened with Splenda and only
: has 6 carbs for 8 oz. I like it much better and they have different
: flavors, ie Apple Raspberry, Apple Cranberry, Cran Grape. Old
: Orchard, in it's non-diet state, can be found in most grocery stores
: but you have to look for the diet or ask the store manager to carry
: more.

That's why the idea of unsweetened appeals to me. In tht way I ccan
dilute and sweeten it to my taste. Cranberry juice is usually diluted as
it si so strong just full strength.

Wendy