Old 15-02-2009, 03:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cranberry juice sucks!

Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......

It sucks!

My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... Once
Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose out
camel stables. Even booze don't help. Vodka, rum, whiskey. Enough to make
a wino go on the wagon.

Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. As far as I'm concerned, it will
always be bog wiz.

nb

Old 15-02-2009, 03:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:34:47 GMT, notbob wrote:

Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......

It sucks!

My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... Once
Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose out
camel stables. Even booze don't help. Vodka, rum, whiskey. Enough to make
a wino go on the wagon.

Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. As far as I'm concerned, it will
always be bog wiz.

More for me!

Carol, who LOVES cranberry juice

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Old 15-02-2009, 05:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......

It sucks!

IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
stuff, not for the faint of heart.
Old 15-02-2009, 05:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
stuff, not for the faint of heart.

Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
cranberry juice cocktail.

Still, I'd be interested to try plain cranberry juice. Is it the
usual answer, health food store?

nancy

Old 15-02-2009, 06:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 15, 1:48*am, "Nancy Young" wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:
IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
stuff, not for the faint of heart.

Where'd you get that? *I was happy to see it in stores but
I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
Didn't like it. *I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
cranberry juice cocktail.

Still, I'd be interested to try plain cranberry juice. *Is it the
usual answer, health food store?

nancy

Around here the regular bigger grocery stores carry plain, unsweetened
cranberry concentrate in 1 liter glass bottles. Wow, it is strong
stuff! I find regular cranberry cocktails to be just way too sweet,
but i was surprised how much sweetener i had to add to this stuff to
make it drinkable. It does make an awesome refreshing addition to
gingerale though. It's a bit pricey, so i only buy it once in a
while, but it's nice to be able to control the amount of sugar or
other sweeteners.

Old 15-02-2009, 06:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:48:08 -0500, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

Dave Smith wrote:

IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
stuff, not for the faint of heart.

Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
cranberry juice cocktail.

Still, I'd be interested to try plain cranberry juice. Is it the
usual answer, health food store?

nancy

We got ours from the Iroquois Cranberry Growers during the Bala
Cranberry Festival. Bala is in the Muskoka region of Ontario, Canada.
http://www.iroquoiscranberries.com/page3/page3.html
www.balacranberryfestival.on.ca
Dave's right, it's potent!

Ross.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
notbob wrote:

Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......

It sucks!

My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... Once
Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose out
camel stables. Even booze don't help. Vodka, rum, whiskey. Enough to make
a wino go on the wagon.

Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. As far as I'm concerned, it will
always be bog wiz.

nb

I love cranberry juice straight up. :-)
I often dilute it tho' just to save money.

My #1 favorite drink is a cranberry juice margarita:

Juice from one small lime (or two key limes)
2 shots tequila
1 shot triple sec
10 to 12 oz. cranberry juice

Yum! ;-d
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Old 15-02-2009, 06:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Nancy Young" wrote:

Dave Smith wrote:

IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
stuff, not for the faint of heart.

Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
cranberry juice cocktail.

Still, I'd be interested to try plain cranberry juice. Is it the
usual answer, health food store?

nancy

You could juice your own and freeze it. :-)

If I look hard enough, I can find pure cranberry juice at the grocery
store.

Old 15-02-2009, 06:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:53:30 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
wrote:

More for me!

Carol, who LOVES cranberry juice

Me too - we're gonna have to arm wrestle for his portion.

Mae West

Old 15-02-2009, 01:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

tintalle wrote:
On Feb 15, 1:48 am, "Nancy Young" wrote:

Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
cranberry juice cocktail.

Around here the regular bigger grocery stores carry plain, unsweetened
cranberry concentrate in 1 liter glass bottles.

No kidding ... I will look from now on, but I don't hold out
much hope.

Wow, it is strong stuff!

That's what I understand.

I find regular cranberry cocktails to be just way too sweet,
but i was surprised how much sweetener i had to add to this stuff to
make it drinkable. It does make an awesome refreshing addition to
gingerale though. It's a bit pricey, so i only buy it once in a
while, but it's nice to be able to control the amount of sugar or
other sweeteners.

I only like the Ocean Spray, I find the other brands too sweet.
They're probably the same, but they taste different to me.
I know the cocktail stuff has tons of sugar. I just drink a glass
of it every few days, it's kind of refreshing.

I'll look for it plain, thanks.

nancy
Old 15-02-2009, 01:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.

We got ours from the Iroquois Cranberry Growers during the Bala
Cranberry Festival. Bala is in the Muskoka region of Ontario, Canada.
http://www.iroquoiscranberries.com/page3/page3.html
www.balacranberryfestival.on.ca
Dave's right, it's potent!

Yikes! They grow cranberries in my state, too, you'd think
I'd be able to find it. Maybe I'll keep my eyes open for a
cranberry festival, I'm sure they have them. Thanks!

nancy
Old 15-02-2009, 01:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 14, 11:42*pm, Omelet wrote:
In article ,

*notbob wrote:
[...]

I think it's worth the extra cost to use Cointreau instead of triple
sec. Or Grand Marnier.
Nothing like fresh lime though. It astounds me the crap they pass of
as margarita at many Amerimex restaurants, and the swine not only
happily suck it down, but vote for it as "best margarita" in polls.
Many contain zero lime juice.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

--Bryan
Old 15-02-2009, 02:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,

*notbob wrote:
[...]

Is it really better? I've been too cheap to try a comparison.

Nothing like fresh lime though.

Absolutely.

It astounds me the crap they pass of
as margarita at many Amerimex restaurants, and the swine not only
happily suck it down, but vote for it as "best margarita" in polls.
Many contain zero lime juice.

lol I won't argue with you there. Fortunately, "Grins" restaurant
makes their "top drawer" margarita with the real stuff. I've watched
them do the mix.

I rarely drink "out" tho'. I mostly drink at home.

--Bryan