Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cranberry juice sucks!

Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......

It sucks!

My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... Once
Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose out
camel stables. Even booze don't help. Vodka, rum, whiskey. Enough to make
a wino go on the wagon.

Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. As far as I'm concerned, it will
always be bog wiz.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:34:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
>matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......
>
>It sucks!
>
>My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... Once
>Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose out
>camel stables. Even booze don't help. Vodka, rum, whiskey. Enough to make
>a wino go on the wagon.
>
>Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. As far as I'm concerned, it will
>always be bog wiz.

More for me!

Carol, who LOVES cranberry juice

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
> matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......
>
> It sucks!

IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
stuff, not for the faint of heart.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
> cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
> stuff, not for the faint of heart.

Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
cranberry juice cocktail.

Still, I'd be interested to try plain cranberry juice. Is it the
usual answer, health food store?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 15, 1:48*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
> > IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
> > cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
> > stuff, not for the faint of heart.

> Where'd you get that? *I was happy to see it in stores but
> I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
> Didn't like it. *I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
> cranberry juice cocktail.
>
> Still, I'd be interested to try plain cranberry juice. *Is it the
> usual answer, health food store?
>
> nancy

Around here the regular bigger grocery stores carry plain, unsweetened
cranberry concentrate in 1 liter glass bottles. Wow, it is strong
stuff! I find regular cranberry cocktails to be just way too sweet,
but i was surprised how much sweetener i had to add to this stuff to
make it drinkable. It does make an awesome refreshing addition to
gingerale though. It's a bit pricey, so i only buy it once in a
while, but it's nice to be able to control the amount of sugar or
other sweeteners.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:48:08 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
>> cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
>> stuff, not for the faint of heart.

>Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
>I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
>Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
>cranberry juice cocktail.
>
>Still, I'd be interested to try plain cranberry juice. Is it the
>usual answer, health food store?
>
>nancy

We got ours from the Iroquois Cranberry Growers during the Bala
Cranberry Festival. Bala is in the Muskoka region of Ontario, Canada.
http://www.iroquoiscranberries.com/page3/page3.html
www.balacranberryfestival.on.ca
Dave's right, it's potent!

Ross.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
> matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......
>
> It sucks!
>
> My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... Once
> Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose out
> camel stables. Even booze don't help. Vodka, rum, whiskey. Enough to make
> a wino go on the wagon.
>
> Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. As far as I'm concerned, it will
> always be bog wiz.
>
> nb

I love cranberry juice straight up. :-)
I often dilute it tho' just to save money.

My #1 favorite drink is a cranberry juice margarita:

Juice from one small lime (or two key limes)
2 shots tequila
1 shot triple sec
10 to 12 oz. cranberry juice

Yum! ;-d
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
> > cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
> > stuff, not for the faint of heart.

> Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
> I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
> Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
> cranberry juice cocktail.
>
> Still, I'd be interested to try plain cranberry juice. Is it the
> usual answer, health food store?
>
> nancy

You could juice your own and freeze it. :-)

If I look hard enough, I can find pure cranberry juice at the grocery
store.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:53:30 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>More for me!
>
>Carol, who LOVES cranberry juice

Me too - we're gonna have to arm wrestle for his portion.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:53:30 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> > wrote:
>
> >More for me!
> >
> >Carol, who LOVES cranberry juice

> Me too - we're gonna have to arm wrestle for his portion.

3 ways. <g>
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

tintalle wrote:
> On Feb 15, 1:48 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>> Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
>> I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
>> Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
>> cranberry juice cocktail.

> Around here the regular bigger grocery stores carry plain, unsweetened
> cranberry concentrate in 1 liter glass bottles.

No kidding ... I will look from now on, but I don't hold out
much hope.

> Wow, it is strong stuff!

That's what I understand.

>I find regular cranberry cocktails to be just way too sweet,
> but i was surprised how much sweetener i had to add to this stuff to
> make it drinkable. It does make an awesome refreshing addition to
> gingerale though. It's a bit pricey, so i only buy it once in a
> while, but it's nice to be able to control the amount of sugar or
> other sweeteners.

I only like the Ocean Spray, I find the other brands too sweet.
They're probably the same, but they taste different to me.
I know the cocktail stuff has tons of sugar. I just drink a glass
of it every few days, it's kind of refreshing.

I'll look for it plain, thanks.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:48:08 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> > wrote:

>> Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
>> I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.

> We got ours from the Iroquois Cranberry Growers during the Bala
> Cranberry Festival. Bala is in the Muskoka region of Ontario, Canada.

http://www.iroquoiscranberries.com/page3/page3.html
> www.balacranberryfestival.on.ca
> Dave's right, it's potent!

Yikes! They grow cranberries in my state, too, you'd think
I'd be able to find it. Maybe I'll keep my eyes open for a
cranberry festival, I'm sure they have them. Thanks!

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 14, 11:42*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *notbob > wrote:
> > Yep. *It's official. *I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
> > matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice.......

> > It sucks!

> > My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... *Once
> > Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose out
> > camel stables. *Even booze don't help. *Vodka, rum, whiskey. *Enough to make
> > a wino go on the wagon. *

> > Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. *As far as I'm concerned, it will
> > always be bog wiz. *

> > nb

> I love cranberry juice straight up. :-)
> I often dilute it tho' just to save money.
>
> My #1 favorite drink is a cranberry juice margarita:
>
> Juice from one small lime (or two key limes)
> 2 shots tequila
> 1 shot triple sec
> 10 to 12 oz. cranberry juice
>
> Yum! ;-d

I think it's worth the extra cost to use Cointreau instead of triple
sec. Or Grand Marnier.
Nothing like fresh lime though. It astounds me the crap they pass of
as margarita at many Amerimex restaurants, and the swine not only
happily suck it down, but vote for it as "best margarita" in polls.
Many contain zero lime juice.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> On Feb 14, 11:42*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article >,
> >
> > *notbob > wrote:
> > > Yep. *It's official. *I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with,
> > > no
> > > matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......

> > > It sucks!

> > > My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... *Once
> > > Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose
> > > out
> > > camel stables. *Even booze don't help. *Vodka, rum, whiskey. *Enough to
> > > make
> > > a wino go on the wagon. *

> > > Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. *As far as I'm concerned, it will
> > > always be bog wiz. *

> > > nb

> > I love cranberry juice straight up. :-)
> > I often dilute it tho' just to save money.
> >
> > My #1 favorite drink is a cranberry juice margarita:
> >
> > Juice from one small lime (or two key limes)
> > 2 shots tequila
> > 1 shot triple sec
> > 10 to 12 oz. cranberry juice
> >
> > Yum! ;-d

> I think it's worth the extra cost to use Cointreau instead of triple
> sec. Or Grand Marnier.

Is it really better? I've been too cheap to try a comparison.

> Nothing like fresh lime though.

Absolutely.

> It astounds me the crap they pass of
> as margarita at many Amerimex restaurants, and the swine not only
> happily suck it down, but vote for it as "best margarita" in polls.
> Many contain zero lime juice.

<lol> I won't argue with you there. Fortunately, "Grins" restaurant
makes their "top drawer" margarita with the real stuff. I've watched
them do the mix.

I rarely drink "out" tho'. I mostly drink at home.

--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> tintalle wrote:
>> On Feb 15, 1:48 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>>> Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
>>> I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
>>> Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
>>> cranberry juice cocktail.

>> Around here the regular bigger grocery stores carry plain, unsweetened
>> cranberry concentrate in 1 liter glass bottles.

> No kidding ... I will look from now on, but I don't hold out much hope.

You may have even walked right past it. The large local store we buy
most of our stuff in has the 1 l glass jars. It is a smaller bottle and
a very bland label so it is easy to miss.

>> Wow, it is strong stuff!

> That's what I understand.
>
>> I find regular cranberry cocktails to be just way too sweet,
>> but i was surprised how much sweetener i had to add to this stuff to
>> make it drinkable. It does make an awesome refreshing addition to
>> gingerale though. It's a bit pricey, so i only buy it once in a
>> while, but it's nice to be able to control the amount of sugar or
>> other sweeteners.

> I only like the Ocean Spray, I find the other brands too sweet.
> They're probably the same, but they taste different to me.
> I know the cocktail stuff has tons of sugar. I just drink a glass
> of it every few days, it's kind of refreshing.
>
> I'll look for it plain, thanks.
>
> nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> tintalle wrote:

>>> Around here the regular bigger grocery stores carry plain,
>>> unsweetened cranberry concentrate in 1 liter glass bottles.

>> No kidding ... I will look from now on, but I don't hold out much
>> hope.

> You may have even walked right past it. The large local store we buy
> most of our stuff in has the 1 l glass jars. It is a smaller bottle
> and a very bland label so it is easy to miss.

I don't know what it is around here, how many times do I
see someone say Get this at any supermarket! Not any
supermarket around here. I will look more carefully in the
few stores I do visit. I'll look for the plain-ish label and the
small bottle. Thanks.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:47:33 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:53:30 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:
>
>>More for me!
>>
>>Carol, who LOVES cranberry juice

>Me too - we're gonna have to arm wrestle for his portion.

You win. My shoulders are shot. I'll just have to find mine
somewhere else. LOL!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
> matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......
>
> It sucks!
>
> My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... Once
> Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose out
> camel stables. Even booze don't help. Vodka, rum, whiskey. Enough to make
> a wino go on the wagon.
>
> Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. As far as I'm concerned, it will
> always be bog wiz.
>
> nb

I like cranberry juice--not that I can drink it now. What *I*
don't like is pomegranate juice. That ruins anything for me. (I
have been known to cook with it though.)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:53:30 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> More for me!
>>>
>>> Carol, who LOVES cranberry juice

>> Me too - we're gonna have to arm wrestle for his portion.
>>

> 3 ways. <g>

Be thankful that I am not drinking it right now....

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> tintalle wrote:
>> On Feb 15, 1:48 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>>> Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
>>> I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
>>> Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
>>> cranberry juice cocktail.

>> Around here the regular bigger grocery stores carry plain, unsweetened
>> cranberry concentrate in 1 liter glass bottles.

> No kidding ... I will look from now on, but I don't hold out much hope.
>
>> Wow, it is strong stuff!

> That's what I understand.
>
>> I find regular cranberry cocktails to be just way too sweet,
>> but i was surprised how much sweetener i had to add to this stuff to
>> make it drinkable. It does make an awesome refreshing addition to
>> gingerale though. It's a bit pricey, so i only buy it once in a
>> while, but it's nice to be able to control the amount of sugar or
>> other sweeteners.

> I only like the Ocean Spray, I find the other brands too sweet.
> They're probably the same, but they taste different to me.
> I know the cocktail stuff has tons of sugar. I just drink a glass
> of it every few days, it's kind of refreshing.
>
> I'll look for it plain, thanks.
>
> nancy

The "light" version isn't bad....

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jean B." > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > sf > wrote:
> >
> >> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:53:30 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress

> >> Me too - we're gonna have to arm wrestle for his portion.
> >>

> > 3 ways. <g>

> Be thankful that I am not drinking it right now....

;-D
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 07:17:37 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

> tintalle wrote:
>> On Feb 15, 1:48 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>>> Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
>>> I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
>>> Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
>>> cranberry juice cocktail.

>> Around here the regular bigger grocery stores carry plain, unsweetened
>> cranberry concentrate in 1 liter glass bottles.

> No kidding ... I will look from now on, but I don't hold out
> much hope.
>
>> Wow, it is strong stuff!

> That's what I understand.
>
>>I find regular cranberry cocktails to be just way too sweet,
>> but i was surprised how much sweetener i had to add to this stuff to
>> make it drinkable. It does make an awesome refreshing addition to
>> gingerale though. It's a bit pricey, so i only buy it once in a
>> while, but it's nice to be able to control the amount of sugar or
>> other sweeteners.

> I only like the Ocean Spray, I find the other brands too sweet.
> They're probably the same, but they taste different to me.
> I know the cocktail stuff has tons of sugar. I just drink a glass
> of it every few days, it's kind of refreshing.
>
> I'll look for it plain, thanks.
>
> nancy

ocean spray may use cane or beet sugar instead of h.f.c.s. in their
cranberry cocktail. i know they use cane or beet sugar in their
grapefruit/tangerine juice. i think the cranberry label just says
'sugars.'

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it
> with, no matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the
> cran-juice......
>
> It sucks!

Possible. It's good for you ;-)

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote in :

> Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with,
> no matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the
> cran-juice......
>
> It sucks!
>
> My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... Once
> Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose
> out camel stables. Even booze don't help. Vodka, rum, whiskey. Enough
> to make a wino go on the wagon.
>
> Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. As far as I'm concerned, it will
> always be bog wiz.
>
> nb

What're you trying to say Bob???

;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"Life is not like a box of chocolates... it's more like a jar of jalapenos.
What you do today... might burn your ass tomorrow."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote
> ocean spray may use cane or beet sugar instead of h.f.c.s. in their
> cranberry cocktail. i know they use cane or beet sugar in their
> grapefruit/tangerine juice. i think the cranberry label just says
> 'sugars.'

I use the kind with Splenda, diluted with soda water or plain water. It's
great.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 15, 7:07*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>

> > On Feb 14, 11:42*pm, Omelet > wrote:

> > > I love cranberry juice straight up. :-)
> > > I often dilute it tho' just to save money.

Room temp over ice dilutes it nicely.

> > > My #1 favorite drink is a cranberry juice margarita:

> > > Juice from one small lime (or two key limes)
> > > 2 shots tequila
> > > 1 shot triple sec
> > > 10 to 12 oz. cranberry juice

> > > Yum! ;-d

> > I think it's worth the extra cost to use Cointreau instead of triple
> > sec. *Or Grand Marnier.

> Is it really better? *I've been too cheap to try a comparison.

Oh, it's hugely better, and you don't need to use a lot of it.

> > Nothing like fresh lime though. *

> Absolutely.
>
> > It astounds me the crap they pass of
> > as margarita at many Amerimex restaurants, and the swine not only
> > happily suck it down, but vote for it as "best margarita" in polls.
> > Many contain zero lime juice.

> <lol> *I won't argue with you there. *Fortunately, "Grins" restaurant
> makes their "top drawer" margarita with the real stuff. *I've watched
> them do the mix.

Sure, but the masses don't order top shelf. They get the Kool-Aid
type that comes out of a tap, and then assert that restaurant X, "has
the best margaritas.".

> I rarely drink "out" tho'. *I mostly drink at home.

Same here.

> > --Bryan

> --
> Peace! Om
>
> I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> > > I think it's worth the extra cost to use Cointreau instead of triple
> > > sec. *Or Grand Marnier.

> > Is it really better? *I've been too cheap to try a comparison.

> Oh, it's hugely better, and you don't need to use a lot of it.

Ok, I'll czech it out.

> > > Nothing like fresh lime though. *

> > Absolutely.
> >
> > > It astounds me the crap they pass of
> > > as margarita at many Amerimex restaurants, and the swine not only
> > > happily suck it down, but vote for it as "best margarita" in polls.
> > > Many contain zero lime juice.

> > <lol> *I won't argue with you there. *Fortunately, "Grins" restaurant
> > makes their "top drawer" margarita with the real stuff. *I've watched
> > them do the mix.

> Sure, but the masses don't order top shelf. They get the Kool-Aid
> type that comes out of a tap, and then assert that restaurant X, "has
> the best margaritas.".
> >
> > I rarely drink "out" tho'. *I mostly drink at home.
> >

> Same here.
> >
> > > --Bryan

I can control the mix... and the movie. ;-)

--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:12:44 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:

>I like cranberry juice--not that I can drink it now. What *I*
>don't like is pomegranate juice. That ruins anything for me. (I
>have been known to cook with it though.)

I'm not fond of pomegranate juice either. Have you seen the
commercials for the lighter (new) prune drink? I forget what they
call it.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-02-15, Peter > wrote:

> What're you trying to say Bob???

See subject header.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:12:44 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> I like cranberry juice--not that I can drink it now. What *I*
>> don't like is pomegranate juice. That ruins anything for me. (I
>> have been known to cook with it though.)

> I'm not fond of pomegranate juice either. Have you seen the
> commercials for the lighter (new) prune drink? I forget what they
> call it.

No. Probably not LC either. I'll wander down the juice aisle
today or tomorrow.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:34:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>> Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
>> matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......
>>
>> It sucks!

> More for me!
>
> Carol, who LOVES cranberry juice

I can't say I love it, but plain cranberry juice (not cocktail and no
other fruit mixed in) with a shot of Southern Comfort and a twist of
lime makes a wonderful summer cooler.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Gloria P > wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:34:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:
> >
> >> Yep. It's official. I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
> >> matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......
> >>
> >> It sucks!

> > More for me!
> >
> > Carol, who LOVES cranberry juice
> >

> I can't say I love it, but plain cranberry juice (not cocktail and no
> other fruit mixed in) with a shot of Southern Comfort and a twist of
> lime makes a wonderful summer cooler.
>
> gloria p

Never tried Southern Comfort. Might have to look at that. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Omelet wrote:

> Never tried Southern Comfort. Might have to look at that. ;-d

But, will it fit in with your carb-free lifestyle? Southern Comfort is a
liqueur. 2.7g carbs per 1 oz.

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-02-15, Omelet > wrote:

> Never tried Southern Comfort. Might have to look at that. ;-d

Eighty proof whiskey flavored cough syrup.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lin > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
> > Never tried Southern Comfort. Might have to look at that. ;-d

> But, will it fit in with your carb-free lifestyle? Southern Comfort is a
> liqueur. 2.7g carbs per 1 oz.
>
> --Lin

Probably not. <g>

I'll need to stick with Everclear!
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2009-02-15, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > Never tried Southern Comfort. Might have to look at that. ;-d

> Eighty proof whiskey flavored cough syrup.
>
> nb

Ew.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

notbob replied to Om:

> Eighty proof whiskey flavored cough syrup.

I whole heartedly agree with you here. However, the ONE thing I really
like Southern Comfort in is egg nog. Yummmmmeeeee.

Good thing tis-not-the-season.

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> notbob > wrote:
>
>> On 2009-02-15, Omelet > wrote:
>>
>>> Never tried Southern Comfort. Might have to look at that. ;-d

>> Eighty proof whiskey flavored cough syrup.
>>
>> nb

> Ew.

It's better than the prescription cough syrup they gave me ...
it's got codeine but you wouldn't be in danger of becoming
hooked ... it tastes like a mouthful of mildew in a nice snot
texture. (shudder)

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 12:56:13 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> notbob > wrote:
>
>> On 2009-02-15, Omelet > wrote:
>>
>> > Never tried Southern Comfort. Might have to look at that. ;-d

>> Eighty proof whiskey flavored cough syrup.
>>
>> nb

>Ew.

Toxic waste, IMHO.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.