Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Chromium

Chromium increases insulin binding to cells. It also increases action
of insulin on body cells. Because of increase binding and action of
insulin, administration of chromium as diabetes nutritional
supplement results in improvement of blood glucose control in diabetic
patients. Anyone taking Chromium????ThanksStephenwww.net-diabetics.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> wrote in message
> Chromium increases insulin binding to cells. It also increases action
> of insulin on body cells. Because of increase binding and action of
> insulin, administration of chromium as diabetes nutritional
> supplement results in improvement of blood glucose control in diabetic
> patients. Anyone taking Chromium????ThanksStephenwww.net-diabetics.com

I take it but I haven't noticed that it is doing anything for me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Chromium increases insulin binding to cells. It also increases action
>> of insulin on body cells. Because of increase binding and action of
>> insulin, administration of chromium as diabetes nutritional
>> supplement results in improvement of blood glucose control in diabetic
>> patients. Anyone taking Chromium????ThanksStephenwww.net-diabetics.com

> I take it but I haven't noticed that it is doing anything for me.

Same here!
200mcg Chromium Picolinate/day

But weight lifting, exercise does improve my BG for sure!
JS

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Protagonist" > wrote in message
. ..
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> Chromium increases insulin binding to cells. It also increases action
>>> of insulin on body cells. Because of increase binding and action of
>>> insulin, administration of chromium as diabetes nutritional
>>> supplement results in improvement of blood glucose control in diabetic
>>> patients. Anyone taking Chromium????ThanksStephenwww.net-diabetics.com

>> I take it but I haven't noticed that it is doing anything for me.

> Same here!
> 200mcg Chromium Picolinate/day
>
> But weight lifting, exercise does improve my BG for sure!

I use GTF. Not Piccolinate.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article <j5g5j.4642$xB.312@trndny06>,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Protagonist" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >>
> >> I take it but I haven't noticed that it is doing anything for me.

> > Same here!
> > 200mcg Chromium Picolinate/day
> >
> > But weight lifting, exercise does improve my BG for sure!

> I use GTF. Not Piccolinate.

Yeah, same here.

Priscilla

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:50:01 -0500, "Priscilla H. Ballou"
> wrote:

>In article <j5g5j.4642$xB.312@trndny06>,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Protagonist" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>> > Same here!
>> > 200mcg Chromium Picolinate/day

>> I use GTF. Not Piccolinate.

>Yeah, same here.

I suspect it'd only be helpful if you were deficient in it. Given that
best sources are romaine lettuce, tomatoes and onions, I'm probably
swimming in it, and I certainly don't supplement.
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...trient&dbid=51

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:50:01 -0500, "Priscilla H. Ballou"
> > wrote:
>
>>In article <j5g5j.4642$xB.312@trndny06>,
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>
>>> "Protagonist" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> I use GTF. Not Piccolinate.

>>Yeah, same here.

> I suspect it'd only be helpful if you were deficient in it. Given that
> best sources are romaine lettuce, tomatoes and onions, I'm probably
> swimming in it, and I certainly don't supplement.
> http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...trient&dbid=51

I put onions in everything. And tomatoes in almost everything.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:50:01 -0500, "Priscilla H. Ballou"
> > wrote:
>
>> In article <j5g5j.4642$xB.312@trndny06>,
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>
>>> "Protagonist" > wrote in message
>>> . ..
>>> I use GTF. Not Piccolinate.

>> Yeah, same here.

> I suspect it'd only be helpful if you were deficient in it. Given that
> best sources are romaine lettuce, tomatoes and onions, I'm probably
> swimming in it, and I certainly don't supplement.
> http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...trient&dbid=51
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

I eat lot of tomatoes, raw or cooked, fresh garlic etc...
Garlic has chromium?
JS

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 17:21:37 -0800, Protagonist >
wrote:

>Garlic has chromium?

I expect so, it's an allium, related to onions.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Protagonist said...

> Same here!
> 200mcg Chromium Picolinate/day
>
> But weight lifting, exercise does improve my BG for sure!
> JS

Chromium picolinate doesn't have the gtf that works for diabetes. That
pico... type is absorbed quicker but is useless. Money down the drain.

http://www.nutriteam.com/natural.htm#realnatural

Search "chromium". The whole document is very interesting but as always with
a grain of salt.

Andy

--
All Posts Blocked From: @yahoo|@gmail|@hotmail

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-nop-archive: yes

Andy <q> wrote:
> Protagonist said...
>

>>Same here!
>>200mcg Chromium Picolinate/day
>>
>>But weight lifting, exercise does improve my BG for sure!
>>JS
>>

> Chromium picolinate doesn't have the gtf that works for diabetes. That
> pico... type is absorbed quicker but is useless. Money down the drain.
>
> http://www.nutriteam.com/natural.htm#realnatural
>
> Search "chromium". The whole document is very interesting but as always with
> a grain of salt.

Actually, picolinate is not useless, but it may have some damaging
effects, hence the preference for GTF.

Picolinate works just fine for insulin sensitizing.

Susan