Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The answer is: hexavalent chromium – What is the question?

Why do people drink bottled water?

http://www.nrdc.org/media/2012/120814.asp
http://static.ewg.org/reports/2010/chrome6/us-map.png

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Why do people drink bottled water?
>
> http://www.nrdc.org/media/2012/120814.asp
> http://static.ewg.org/reports/2010/chrome6/us-map.png

I only drink rain water

P.O.E.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 7:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> sf wrote:
> >
> > Why do people drink bottled water?
> >
> > http://www.nrdc.org/media/2012/120814.asp
> > http://static.ewg.org/reports/2010/chrome6/us-map.png

> I only drink rain water
>
> P.O.E.

I say, I think you've got something there!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/9/2015 1:28 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 7:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
>> sf wrote:
>>>
>>> Why do people drink bottled water?
>>>
>>> http://www.nrdc.org/media/2012/120814.asp
>>> http://static.ewg.org/reports/2010/chrome6/us-map.png

>> I only drink rain water
>>
>> P.O.E.

> I say, I think you've got something there!

Yes, all the pollution it brings down. No way would I drink rain water
unless treated.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 10:28:16 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

> On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 7:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> > sf wrote:
> > >
> > > Why do people drink bottled water?
> > >
> > > http://www.nrdc.org/media/2012/120814.asp
> > > http://static.ewg.org/reports/2010/chrome6/us-map.png

> > I only drink rain water
> >
> > P.O.E.

> I say, I think you've got something there!

I think that's a bad idea too. Rain scrubs pollutants out of the air.
Our air is noticeably cleaner after it rains.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/9/2015 4:30 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 10:28:16 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:

>>> I only drink rain water
>>>
>>> P.O.E.

>> I say, I think you've got something there!

> I think that's a bad idea too. Rain scrubs pollutants out of the air.
> Our air is noticeably cleaner after it rains.

I can't tell you how nice it is to live in an area where the air doesn't
smell bad.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Why do people drink bottled water?
>
> http://www.nrdc.org/media/2012/120814.asp
> http://static.ewg.org/reports/2010/chrome6/us-map.png

Ours looks to be safe here. I did buy bottled for cooking and drinking on
Cape Cod where I knew the water wasn't safe. I bought it for drinking in NY
where the water came out of the tap with a weird cloudiness to it. I did
cook with it. I did buy it on occasion in CA. We had well water there and
it sometimes came out with rocks or dirt in it. Here? I buy it but if at
home, I use tap water unless I am sick and have to take to bed. Then I will
drag a bottle with me. And I take it when I go out.

A Question and Answer Erica F General Cooking 0 07-11-2008 02:14 AM
Please Answer My Serious Question [was Question about Wine, Bacteria, and Stench] Radium Winemaking 6 09-07-2006 11:22 PM
Please Answer My Serious Question [was Question about Wine, Bacteria, and Stench] Radium Wine 6 09-07-2006 11:22 PM
Question? Pls. answer! G&G Wine 3 26-08-2005 03:16 PM
How do you answer this question? cl Barbecue 6 16-04-2005 03:54 AM