Janet Wilder

Default Weird Electricity

Our fifth wheel is almost 4 years old and has been in continuous use as we are
fulltimers. The 12V flourescent bulbs are coming to the end of their lives.

Tonight the wierdest thing happened. The large TV in the living room developed
static--white stuff on and off. I checked the cables but everything was snug.
Then Barry noticed that one of the bulbs in the kitchen was faint. He went to
change the bulb and the propane sniffer began to beep. The light went orange
and it beeped every 30 seconds. I got out the book and it said it was a
"malfunction code" I reset it by holding down the button.

Just to see if the bulb, which was located about 8 feet from the sniffer, was
the culpret, I had Barry take out the bulbs in the fixture. Shure enough, the
sniffer went into "malfunction code"

The book says something about the sniffer needing so many volts to operate.
Could removing or a defective bulb in a 12V fixture make the voltage drop
enough to put the sniffer in to malfunction or do we have a problem. (the
fixture was "on" when the bulbe were removed)

Checking our electrical panel shows that the batteries are fully charged and
the DC is 13.0 V, which is normal.

any one have a clue as to why taking out a light bulb would affect the propane
sniffer?

The Road Princess
Residentially Challenged
Spelling and punctuation is up to my editors. I take no responsibility