Default Pineapple upside down Cake

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE

Yield: 12 servings
Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
Book info: http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=42

INGREDIENTS

- 2 tablespoons stick margarine
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 slices water-packed canned pineapple, drained
- 2 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons stick margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In an 8x8 inch baking pan, over low heat, melt the margarine.
Remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar. Place the
pineapple slices on the sugar mixture, centering the slices
closely in the center of the pan so all the pieces are touching.
Place a cherry half in the center of each pineapple slice.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder,
and salt.

In another medium bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed,
beat the margarine and granulated sugar until blended, about
1 minute. Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until
smooth, about 30 seconds. The batter will be thin. Add the
flour mixture to the batter in thirds, alternating with milk,
blending until smooth, 2 minutes. Spoon the batter on top of
the pineapple mixture and spread evenly.

Bake until golden brown, about 25-35 minutes. Unmold by
sliding a thin knife around the cake, pressing against
the pan. Invert onto a cake plate. Serve warm.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 piece):
Calories: 148, Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 18 mg, Sodium: 231 mg,
Carbohydrate: 18 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Sugars: 8 g, Protein: 2 g
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate, 1-1/2 Fat

t2_lurking

Geez I can't even read this recipe without spiking!
--

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
How can Sleepyman be so right about so many different things?

First it was Atstein.

Now it's the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots!

How can I be such a fool?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

> wrote in message
hlink.net...
> PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
>
> Yield: 12 servings
> Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
> Book info: http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=42
>
> INGREDIENTS
>
> - 2 tablespoons stick margarine
> - 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
> - 4 slices water-packed canned pineapple, drained
> - 2 maraschino cherries, cut in half
> - 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
> - 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
> - 1/2 teaspoon salt
> - 5 tablespoons stick margarine, softened
> - 1/4 cup granulated sugar
> - 1 egg
> - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
> - 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
>
> DIRECTIONS
>
> Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
>
> In an 8x8 inch baking pan, over low heat, melt the margarine.
> Remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar. Place the
> pineapple slices on the sugar mixture, centering the slices
> closely in the center of the pan so all the pieces are touching.
> Place a cherry half in the center of each pineapple slice.
>
> In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder,
> and salt.
>
> In another medium bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed,
> beat the margarine and granulated sugar until blended, about
> 1 minute. Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until
> smooth, about 30 seconds. The batter will be thin. Add the
> flour mixture to the batter in thirds, alternating with milk,
> blending until smooth, 2 minutes. Spoon the batter on top of
> the pineapple mixture and spread evenly.
>
> Bake until golden brown, about 25-35 minutes. Unmold by
> sliding a thin knife around the cake, pressing against
> the pan. Invert onto a cake plate. Serve warm.
>
> Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 piece):
> Calories: 148, Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 18 mg, Sodium: 231 mg,
> Carbohydrate: 18 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Sugars: 8 g, Protein: 2 g
> Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate, 1-1/2 Fat

Why would you spike on 18gr. of carbs. Don't you eat real food.

t2_lurking wrote:

> Geez I can't even read this recipe without spiking!

Alan

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:34:50 GMT, wrote:

>PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
>
>Yield: 12 servings
>Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
>Book info:
http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=42

>INGREDIENTS
>
>- 2 tablespoons stick margarine
>- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
>- 4 slices water-packed canned pineapple, drained
>- 2 maraschino cherries, cut in half
>- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
>- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
>- 1/2 teaspoon salt
>- 5 tablespoons stick margarine, softened
>- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
>- 1 egg
>- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk

<rest of spike-cake snipped>

This may be great for a T1 who can just up the insulin dose.
For a T2 I have grave doubts.

Like your previous recipe here, the way you get the carb count down is
by the unrealistic number of serves. 12 serves in a moderately small
cake is silly, as were 16 serves for the baked beans.

Obviously, one way to reduce the BG effect is portion control; if your
aim is to promote portion control, great! I'm all in favour of that. I
have the discipline to eat one chocolate from the box, or one of your
twelve slices. But say so, and point it out.

Even so, if I was going to go without a meal (which is what this would
represent) to have my one serve of this, I also go without the fibre and
other vitamins that balanced meal would have provided. At least the
beans had some fibre.

So to me, recipes like this are both dangerous and misleading when
promoted for diabetics.

To me, the author's title "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" was more
apt than she knew.

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience
can be an expensive teacher.

t2_lurking

Oops, IMHO!

> wrote in message
link.net...
> Why would you spike on 18gr. of carbs. Don't you eat real food.
>
> t2_lurking wrote:
>
> > Geez I can't even read this recipe without spiking!

18 carbs blows you away? It also has fibre from the fruits.

Alan wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:34:50 GMT, wrote:
>

>>PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
>>
>>Yield: 12 servings
>>Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
>>Book info:
http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=42

>>INGREDIENTS
>>
>>- 2 tablespoons stick margarine
>>- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
>>- 4 slices water-packed canned pineapple, drained
>>- 2 maraschino cherries, cut in half
>>- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
>>- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
>>- 1/2 teaspoon salt
>>- 5 tablespoons stick margarine, softened
>>- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
>>- 1 egg
>>- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>>- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
>>

> <rest of spike-cake snipped>
>
> This may be great for a T1 who can just up the insulin dose.
> For a T2 I have grave doubts.
>
> Like your previous recipe here, the way you get the carb count down is
> by the unrealistic number of serves. 12 serves in a moderately small
> cake is silly, as were 16 serves for the baked beans.
>
> Obviously, one way to reduce the BG effect is portion control; if your
> aim is to promote portion control, great! I'm all in favour of that. I
> have the discipline to eat one chocolate from the box, or one of your
> twelve slices. But say so, and point it out.
>
> Even so, if I was going to go without a meal (which is what this would
> represent) to have my one serve of this, I also go without the fibre and
> other vitamins that balanced meal would have provided. At least the
> beans had some fibre.
>
> So to me, recipes like this are both dangerous and misleading when
> promoted for diabetics.
>
> To me, the author's title "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" was more
> apt than she knew.
>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
> dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
> I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
> Choose your advisers carefully, because experience
> can be an expensive teacher.
>
> --
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

Alan

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 02:09:49 GMT, wrote:

>18 carbs blows you away? It also has fibre from the fruits.

I'll repeat your own detail:

>Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 piece):
>Calories: 148, Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 18 mg, Sodium: 231 mg,
>Carbohydrate: 18 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Sugars: 8 g, Protein: 2 g
>Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate, 1-1/2 Fat

Yep, when you're eating a significant part of my daily carb input in one
mouthful.

Now, I will accept what the author claims, although I have doubts about
the validity of her numbers, particularly kj when the thing is basically
fat, sugar and preserved fruits. First, she doesn't claim any fibre, so
it would be at trace levels at best.

Secondly, on the possibly incorrect assumption that the 8g of sugar is
included in the 18g of carbs that's still a lot of sugar and carbs for
one very little slice of cake.

Over here, we tend to think in percentage terms (gms per 100 gms) on our
food labels. When you convert that it comes out at:

Fat 26%
Carbs 67% incl sugar at 30%
Protein 7%
Others (sodium etc) <1%

And it's not just the carbs - it's which carbs. As granulated sugar and
brown sugar both give me rapid spikes, and white flour is only just
behind them with sweet pineapple a close third, it would be hard to find
anything worse apart from a glucose tablet.

Then again, you may have just found the perfect hypo fix; a few slices
of this in the fridge could be invaluable.

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
an expensive teacher.

I do love this is English walnuts are added or pecans.
It is a great recipe. If you have problems with the smaller size of the
cake you can double the recipe with no problem.

Alan wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 02:09:49 GMT, wrote:
>

>>18 carbs blows you away? It also has fibre from the fruits.

> I'll repeat your own detail:
>
>>Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 piece):
>>Calories: 148, Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 18 mg, Sodium: 231 mg,
>>Carbohydrate: 18 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Sugars: 8 g, Protein: 2 g
>>Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate, 1-1/2 Fat
>>

> Yep, when you're eating a significant part of my daily carb input in one
> mouthful.
>
> Now, I will accept what the author claims, although I have doubts about
> the validity of her numbers, particularly kj when the thing is basically
> fat, sugar and preserved fruits. First, she doesn't claim any fibre, so
> it would be at trace levels at best.
>
> Secondly, on the possibly incorrect assumption that the 8g of sugar is
> included in the 18g of carbs that's still a lot of sugar and carbs for
> one very little slice of cake.
>
> Over here, we tend to think in percentage terms (gms per 100 gms) on our
> food labels. When you convert that it comes out at:
>
> Fat 26%
> Carbs 67% incl sugar at 30%
> Protein 7%
> Others (sodium etc) <1%
>
> And it's not just the carbs - it's which carbs. As granulated sugar and
> brown sugar both give me rapid spikes, and white flour is only just
> behind them with sweet pineapple a close third, it would be hard to find
> anything worse apart from a glucose tablet.
>
> Then again, you may have just found the perfect hypo fix; a few slices
> of this in the fridge could be invaluable.
>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
> dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
> I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
> Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
> an expensive teacher.
>
> --
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

Jennifer

wrote:

> 18 carbs blows you away? It also has fibre from the fruits.

That's odd, since your nutritional breakdown says:

" Dietary Fiber: 0 g "

Jennifer

wrote:

>>> PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
>>>
>>> Yield: 12 servings
>>> Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
>>> Book info:
http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=42

>>> INGREDIENTS
>>>
>>> - 2 tablespoons stick margarine
>>> - 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
>>> - 4 slices water-packed canned pineapple, drained
>>> - 2 maraschino cherries, cut in half
>>> - 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
>>> - 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
>>> - 1/2 teaspoon salt
>>> - 5 tablespoons stick margarine, softened
>>> - 1/4 cup granulated sugar
>>> - 1 egg
>>> - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>>> - 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
>>>

>> <rest of spike-cake snipped>
>>
>> This may be great for a T1 who can just up the insulin dose. For a T2
>> I have grave doubts.
>>
>> Like your previous recipe here, the way you get the carb count down is
>> by the unrealistic number of serves. 12 serves in a moderately small
>> cake is silly, as were 16 serves for the baked beans.
>>
>> Obviously, one way to reduce the BG effect is portion control; if your
>> aim is to promote portion control, great! I'm all in favour of that. I
>> have the discipline to eat one chocolate from the box, or one of your
>> twelve slices. But say so, and point it out.
>>
>> Even so, if I was going to go without a meal (which is what this would
>> represent) to have my one serve of this, I also go without the fibre and
>> other vitamins that balanced meal would have provided. At least the
>> beans had some fibre.
>>
>> So to me, recipes like this are both dangerous and misleading when
>> promoted for diabetics.
>>
>> To me, the author's title "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" was more
>> apt than she knew.
>>
>> Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
>> dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
>> I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
>> Choose your advisers carefully, because experience
>> can be an expensive teacher.
>>
>> --
>> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

Julie Bove

> wrote in message
link.net...
> Why would you spike on 18gr. of carbs. Don't you eat real food.

Maybe because it's fast acting carbs?

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove

> wrote in message
hlink.net...
> PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE

<snip>

Another idiotic recipe! All sorts of refined carbs and margarine too! No
thanks!

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove

> wrote in message
ink.net...
> 18 carbs blows you away? It also has fibre from the fruits.

Not much.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove

> wrote in message
link.net...
> I do love this is English walnuts are added or pecans.
> It is a great recipe. If you have problems with the smaller size of the
> cake you can double the recipe with no problem.

I think the problem is that one serving of this cake would be something like
a 1" or 2" square. Why bother?

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

This recipe comes from a collection published by the ADA and can be
found in their booklet of approved care and feeding of diabetics.
That should be enough for everyone to not have a concern.

Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
>
>>PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE

> <snip>
>
> Another idiotic recipe! All sorts of refined carbs and margarine too! No
> thanks!

Jmmbear

In article >, "Julie Bove"
> writes:

>Why would you spike on 18gr. of carbs. Don't you eat real food.
>
>Maybe because it's fast acting carbs?

Heck, I ate a 1/4 of a small peach and it sent me up over 100 points.. Needless
to say it will be awhile before I even concider peaches again
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120
Jmmbear

In article >, "Julie Bove"
> writes:

> wrote in message
hlink.net...
>> I do love this is English walnuts are added or pecans.
>> It is a great recipe. If you have problems with the smaller size of the
>> cake you can double the recipe with no problem.

>I think the problem is that one serving of this cake would be something like
>a 1" or 2" square. Why bother?
>
>--
>Type 2

my question would be .. And who will eat the rest of the cake??
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120

Well here in our office we will all eat it. I am very satisfied with
just a bite but I really am not concerned with bg spikes or not.
My philosophy is if it tastes good have at it.
Some of the guys here feel the same. Life is to short not to eat what
you want.
Today I want a good blood pudding to have for tomorrow's breakfast so I
will have to go shopping. Don't know its carbs and I really don't care
I don't get that luxury that often.

Jmmbear wrote:

> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> > writes:
>

> wrote in message
thlink.net...

>>>I do love this is English walnuts are added or pecans.
>>>It is a great recipe. If you have problems with the smaller size of the
>>>cake you can double the recipe with no problem.

>>I think the problem is that one serving of this cake would be something like
>>a 1" or 2" square. Why bother?
>>
>>--
>>Type 2

> my question would be .. And who will eat the rest of the cake??
> As always YMMV and this is JMO
> Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
> 189/154/120

Not at all, please feel free to repeat my honest philosophy.
Many of you play at dieting and diabetic control and when heads are
turned you stuff your little faces and then only your HbgA1c knows the
truth.
Life is too short to make of career of being a little sick diabetic
whose life is centered on one or two extra carbs or cals.
Include this too in the statement.

Alan wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 20:45:47 GMT, wrote:
>

>>Well here in our office we will all eat it. I am very satisfied with
>>just a bite but I really am not concerned with bg spikes or not.
>>My philosophy is if it tastes good have at it.
>>Some of the guys here feel the same. Life is to short not to eat what
>>you want.

> Do us all a favour.
>
> Put that wonderful little philosophy in your sig line. I'll even
> abbreviate it a little for you, let me know if I have changed your
> meaning:
>
> "I really am not concerned with bg spikes...
> My philosophy is if it tastes good have at it...
> Life is too short not to eat what you want."
>
> Then at least anyone reading knows exactly what your views are and how
> much credence to place in them. Of course, since you obviously hold this
> belief strongly, you won't mind it being repeated on a.s.d and m.h.d in
> appropriate circumstances?
>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
> dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
> I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
> Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
> an expensive teacher.
>
> --
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

t2_lurking

Oooh....Tough Love!
I'm Aroused.
--

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
How can Sleepyman be so right about so many different things?

First it was Atstein.

Now it's the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots!

How can I be such a fool?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

> wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Not at all, please feel free to repeat my honest philosophy.
> Many of you play at dieting and diabetic control and when heads are
> turned you stuff your little faces and then only your HbgA1c knows the
> truth.
> Life is too short to make of career of being a little sick diabetic
> whose life is centered on one or two extra carbs or cals.
> Include this too in the statement.
>
> Alan wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 20:45:47 GMT, wrote:
> >

> >>Well here in our office we will all eat it. I am very satisfied with
> >>just a bite but I really am not concerned with bg spikes or not.
> >>My philosophy is if it tastes good have at it.
> >>Some of the guys here feel the same. Life is to short not to eat what
> >>you want.

> > Do us all a favour.
> >
> > Put that wonderful little philosophy in your sig line. I'll even
> > abbreviate it a little for you, let me know if I have changed your
> > meaning:
> >
> > "I really am not concerned with bg spikes...
> > My philosophy is if it tastes good have at it...
> > Life is too short not to eat what you want."
> >
> > Then at least anyone reading knows exactly what your views are and how
> > much credence to place in them. Of course, since you obviously hold this
> > belief strongly, you won't mind it being repeated on a.s.d and m.h.d in
> > appropriate circumstances?
> >
> > Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
> > dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
> > I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
> > Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
> > an expensive teacher.
> >
> > --
> > Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

As Matt stated previously these recipes come from a find book sponsored
by The American Diabetic Association and is listed in their catalog.
Would you go against the official doctrine of the official
representatives of the medical community that treats diabetics and do
your own by trial and error? I would find that very dangerous. If you
are a diabetic why not follow the official line of the official groups
of doctors and researchers that are your mentors.
But I see you are a type 2 and that equates in not a real diabetic just
one who won't lose weight and exercise.
Pauli

Alan wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 20:24:31 GMT, wrote:
>

>>This recipe comes from a collection published by the ADA and can be
>>found in their booklet of approved care and feeding of diabetics.
>>That should be enough for everyone to not have a concern.
>>
>>Julie Bove wrote:
>>

> wrote in message
arthlink.net...

>>><snip>
>>>
>>>Another idiotic recipe! All sorts of refined carbs and margarine too! No
>>>thanks!
>>>

> I keep trying to ignore you, and you keep adding things like this.
> Elsewhere, I was asked why I had the temerity to believe that the
> combined knowledge of our tiny number of diabetics was better than the
> offical qualified knowledge of those advising 17 million + diabetics.
>
> I think you just answered that question.
>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
> dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
> I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
> Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
> an expensive teacher.
>
> --
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

There are not two of us there are 27 of us that use this ID for
sales and service.
Hopefully this answers your questions.
Pauli #18

Alan wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 02:21:51 GMT, wrote:
>

>> You may have directed your missive to Matt not me. My basic
>>language is French so my interprets is different from yours. I will
>>give to Matt when he returns.
>> Pauli

> Unless there are two of you posting under the same name, I directed it
> to you.
>
> to repeat:
>
> You said:
>
>>But I see you are a type 2 and that equates in not a real diabetic just
>>one who won't lose weight and exercise.
>> Pauli

> I said:
>
> "As others have stated, you seem to have a reading problem.
> Try practising on my sig.
>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
> dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
> I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
> Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
> an expensive teacher.
> --
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter."
>
> As it appears relevant to you, I've also lost 60 lbs. But to insult
> every T2 posting here in a single sentence is a breathtaking
> achievement.
>
> Your English is fine, it's your comprehension which appears to be
> lacking.
>
> I didn't realise your native language was French. I thought your native
> language was from the region of Arrogan.
>
> Arrogance.
>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
> dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
> I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
> Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
> an expensive teacher.
> --
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

t2_lurking

Huh!
That's a new one on me.
Must be the "Sybil" school of multiple-personality trolls.

--

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
How can Sleepyman be so right about so many different things?

First it was Atstein.

Now it's the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots!

How can I be such a fool?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

> wrote in message
link.net...
> There are not two of us there are 27 of us that use this ID for
> sales and service.
> Hopefully this answers your questions.
> Pauli #18
>
> Alan wrote:
> > On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 02:21:51 GMT, wrote:
> >

> >> You may have directed your missive to Matt not me. My basic
> >>language is French so my interprets is different from yours. I will
> >>give to Matt when he returns.
> >> Pauli

> > Unless there are two of you posting under the same name, I directed it
> > to you.
> >
> > to repeat:
> >
> > You said:
> >
> >>But I see you are a type 2 and that equates in not a real diabetic just
> >>one who won't lose weight and exercise.
> >> Pauli

> > I said:
> >
> > "As others have stated, you seem to have a reading problem.
> > Try practising on my sig.
> >
> > Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
> > dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
> > I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
> > Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
> > an expensive teacher.
> > --
> > Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter."
> >
> > As it appears relevant to you, I've also lost 60 lbs. But to insult
> > every T2 posting here in a single sentence is a breathtaking
> > achievement.
> >
> > Your English is fine, it's your comprehension which appears to be
> > lacking.
> >
> > I didn't realise your native language was French. I thought your native
> > language was from the region of Arrogan.
> >
> > Arrogance.
> >
> > Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
> > dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
> > I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
> > Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
> > an expensive teacher.
> > --
> > Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

Not at all. Quite a common experience when you have an office that
is open 24 hours per day and someone has always to be at one computer
for referrals or orders. There are many more computers but they are
dedicated to basic promotion.
Have you never seen a large computer sales organization in action?
Pauli

t2_lurking wrote:

> Huh!
> That's a new one on me.
> Must be the "Sybil" school of multiple-personality trolls.

t2_lurking

Not and have different people log into a ng and post under the same name.
--

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
How can Sleepyman be so right about so many different things?

First it was Atstein.

Now it's the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots!

How can I be such a fool?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

> wrote in message
link.net...
> Not at all. Quite a common experience when you have an office that
> is open 24 hours per day and someone has always to be at one computer
> for referrals or orders. There are many more computers but they are
> dedicated to basic promotion.
> Have you never seen a large computer sales organization in action?
> Pauli
>
> t2_lurking wrote:
>
> > Huh!
> > That's a new one on me.
> > Must be the "Sybil" school of multiple-personality trolls.

Julie Bove

> wrote in message
link.net...
> This recipe comes from a collection published by the ADA and can be
> found in their booklet of approved care and feeding of diabetics.
> That should be enough for everyone to not have a concern.

Why should that be enough? I have several cookbooks put out by the ADA.
Very few of the recipes I see in them are suitable for my diet, and I'm not
a low carber! I am on the ADA diet. The few that are technically suitable
are not things I'd ever eat.

You must think we are stupid are something. The ADA says so! So it must be
true! The ADA website even makes mention that diets will vary from person
to person.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove

> wrote in message
link.net...
> As Matt stated previously these recipes come from a find book sponsored
> by The American Diabetic Association and is listed in their catalog.
> Would you go against the official doctrine of the official
> representatives of the medical community that treats diabetics and do
> your own by trial and error? I would find that very dangerous. If you
> are a diabetic why not follow the official line of the official groups
> of doctors and researchers that are your mentors.
> But I see you are a type 2 and that equates in not a real diabetic just
> one who won't lose weight and exercise.

You are getting more and more troll like and I dislike you more by the
minute. Keep up this kind of crap and somebody will report you to your ISP.
Tell me now. Do you have diabetes? Type 1 or 2?

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove

> wrote in message
link.net...
> There are not two of us there are 27 of us that use this ID for
> sales and service.
> Hopefully this answers your questions.
> Pauli #18

This just gets worse and worse!

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove

> wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Not at all, please feel free to repeat my honest philosophy.
> Many of you play at dieting and diabetic control and when heads are
> turned you stuff your little faces and then only your HbgA1c knows the
> truth.
> Life is too short to make of career of being a little sick diabetic
> whose life is centered on one or two extra carbs or cals.
> Include this too in the statement.

Many of us? Really? Have you taken a poll? Some of us HAVE to be centered
on what we eat. We already have complications. You're sick all right.
Just another kind of sick! <Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Alan

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:53:39 -0500, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>You are getting more and more troll like and I dislike you more by the
>minute. Keep up this kind of crap and somebody will report you to your ISP.
>Tell me now. Do you have diabetes? Type 1 or 2?
>
>--
>Type 2
>http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Apparently the question should be which one of you has T1, which has T2
and which of the 18 is the troll?

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
an expensive teacher.
Tod

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:51:47 -0500, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>The ADA website even makes mention that diets will vary from person
>to person.

Then by that logic, this recipe will be fine for some people.

Stop. Breathe. Think. (Not neccesarily in that order.)

Rose

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 01:05:36 GMT, wrote:

>Life is too short to make of career of being a little sick diabetic

This is why I, personally, want to be a "healthy" daibetec - or as
healthy as I can be. To me, this means a minmum of compliciations so
that I can enjoy my life to the fullest.

>whose life is centered on one or two extra carbs or cals.

And, in order to have the best chances at being a "healthy" daibetc, I
need to watch how my BG reacts to what eat and adjust my eating to
keep my BG as normal as possible. For me, this means restricting both
carbs and protein.

I don't worry about "one or two" extra grams of carb or protein.
However, the recipes you've shared lately are more like 20 carbs per
small serving - which may work for some people, but not for me.

So, it's precisely because I DON'T want to "make of career of being a
little sick daibetic whose life is centered" on food that I can't eat
the recipes you've been providing lately.
(1) When I eat enough to bring my BG up, I get ravenously,
insatiably, uncontrolably hungry and all I do is eat or try not to
eat. (FOR ME, a piece large enough to spike my BG has too great a
chance of being just the first one.)
(2) With high BG, I run a much higher risk of the complications
that will hinder my ability to see/feel/walk/etc. (Yes, people with
diabetic complications can enjoy life - I don't mean to imply
otherwise. I'd just prefer to avoid the complications, or at least
delay them if they can't be avoided.)
(3) When/if I develop complications because of high BG, those who
love me may feel compelled to some extent to center their lives around
my diabetes. (How can I be so selfish that I wish my husband a
blind/nonambulatory/whatever wife so that I can eat a piece of cake?)

I don't like those options. I prefer to center my life on things
other than my diabetes and that those I love can do the same.
Therefore, I will not be enjoying your recent recipes.

Rose
T2

Julie Bove

"Tod" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:51:47 -0500, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> >The ADA website even makes mention that diets will vary from person
> >to person.

> Then by that logic, this recipe will be fine for some people.
>
> Stop. Breathe. Think. (Not neccesarily in that order.)

You're being rather rude. Have you checked this person(s) posting history?
If not, you should. Not just this group, but on all the diabetes
newsgroups.