Juanita Amundson

Default pineapple upside down cake

Hi I am looking for an easy receipe for a pineapple upside down cake.
Any one that has one could u please share and email me a copy please.
Thanks. My father in law loves pineapple upside down cake and would
love to have one for a special dinner that I am making him. Email me
at

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita Amundson
Hi I am looking for an easy receipe for a pineapple upside down cake.
Any one that has one could u please share and email me a copy please.
Thanks. My father in law loves pineapple upside down cake and would
love to have one for a special dinner that I am making him. Email me
at
The easiest version I know of is to buy a good box cake. I prefer orange cake or lemon cake, but you can use a plain yellow cake as well. Also have on hand whatever ingredients you need to make up the box cake, some butter, some candied cherries and some well drained canned pineapple slices.
Take a cake pan of the size specified in the instructions on the box, and grease well with butter. Make sure the bottom is fairly thickly smeared with butter, with just enough on the sides to prevent sticking.
Now, strew a good handful of light brown sugar evenly over the bottom. Here's where your sense of artistry comes in. Place the pineapple rings over the brown sugar, making a nice pattern. You can cut the rings into halves or even smaller pieces and make scallops, flowers, whatever. Use the candied cherries to add interest. You can also use pecans (make sure they are flat side up so the good side faces the bottom).
Mix up the box cake according to the directions and carefully pour over the pineapple. Bake as specified in the directions until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let set for a few minutes (no longer) then run a thin bladed knife around the sides to loosen. Place your serving plate over the top and flip. Gently ease cake out of pan and let cool, or serve warm.
I usually line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper to assist with getting the cake out intact.
Hope that helps.
K. Reece

"Kalina" > wrote in message

> Juanita Amundson Wrote:
>> Hi I am looking for an easy receipe for a pineapple upside down cake.
>> Any one that has one could u please share and email me a copy please.
>> Thanks. My father in law loves pineapple upside down cake and would
>> love to have one for a special dinner that I am making him. Email me
>> at

> The easiest version I know of is to buy a good box cake. > Kalina

There is no such thing as a good box cake.

This is the one I usually use.

Kathy

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes

1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 can sliced pineapple -- drained, juice reserved
2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
6 tablespoons juice from fruit
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour or cake flour
1/3 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
maraschino cherries
pecan halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl in microwave,
melt butter or margarine. Pour into a 8x8 inch square or
small round pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over evenly. Place a layer
of sliced pineapple evenly over bottom of pan, do not overlap
but touch sides. Place a maraschino cherryin the middle of each
pineapple slice and pecans in the spaces between
pineapple to form a nice pattern.

Beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar.
Add juice, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt in that order. Mix well.
Pour over pineapple and bake for 45 mins or until toothpick inserted
in center comes out clean. Immediately turn upside-down on a
serving plate. Do not remove pan for a few minutes

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1475 Calories; 70g Fat (42.0%
calories from fat); 12g Protein; 206g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 540mg
Cholesterol; 1460mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 13 Fat; 13 1/2
Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

K. Reece

"Kalina" > wrote in message

> Juanita Amundson Wrote:
>> Hi I am looking for an easy receipe for a pineapple upside down cake.
>> Any one that has one could u please share and email me a copy please.
>> Thanks. My father in law loves pineapple upside down cake and would
>> love to have one for a special dinner that I am making him. Email me
>> at

> The easiest version I know of is to buy a good box cake. > Kalina

There is no such thing as a good box cake.

This is the one I usually use.

Kathy

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes

1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 can sliced pineapple -- drained, juice reserved
2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
6 tablespoons juice from fruit
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour or cake flour
1/3 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
maraschino cherries
pecan halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl in microwave,
melt butter or margarine. Pour into a 8x8 inch square or
small round pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over evenly. Place a layer
of sliced pineapple evenly over bottom of pan, do not overlap
but touch sides. Place a maraschino cherryin the middle of each
pineapple slice and pecans in the spaces between
pineapple to form a nice pattern.

Beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar.
Add juice, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt in that order. Mix well.
Pour over pineapple and bake for 45 mins or until toothpick inserted
in center comes out clean. Immediately turn upside-down on a
serving plate. Do not remove pan for a few minutes

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1475 Calories; 70g Fat (42.0%
calories from fat); 12g Protein; 206g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 540mg
Cholesterol; 1460mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 13 Fat; 13 1/2
Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Felice Friese

"Kalina" > wrote in message

> Juanita Amundson Wrote:
>> Hi I am looking for an easy receipe for a pineapple upside down cake.
>> Any one that has one could u please share and email me a copy please.
>> Thanks. My father in law loves pineapple upside down cake and would
>> love to have one for a special dinner that I am making him. Email me
>> at

> The easiest version I know of is to buy a good box cake. I prefer
> orange cake or lemon cake, but you can use a plain yellow cake as well.

NOTE: One of the cake mix companies makes a "pineapple supreme" mix. And do
use the juice the pineapple slices are packed in as part of the liquid. And
if you're in a hurry, ignore the people who will tell you never to use a
mix. It may not be
the best but it will be the quickest and sometimes that's more important!

> Also have on hand whatever ingredients you need to make up the box
> cake, some butter, some candied cherries and some well drained canned
> pineapple slices.
> Take a cake pan of the size specified in the instructions on the box,
> and grease well with butter. Make sure the bottom is fairly thickly
> smeared with butter, with just enough on the sides to prevent sticking.
>
> Now, strew a good handful of light brown sugar evenly over the bottom.
> Here's where your sense of artistry comes in. Place the pineapple rings
> over the brown sugar, making a nice pattern. You can cut the rings into
> halves or even smaller pieces and make scallops, flowers, whatever. Use
> the candied cherries to add interest. You can also use pecans (make
> sure they are flat side up so the good side faces the bottom).
> Mix up the box cake according to the directions and carefully pour over
> the pineapple. Bake as specified in the directions until a knife
> inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let
> set for a few minutes (no longer) then run a thin bladed knife around
> the sides to loosen. Place your serving plate over the top and flip.
> Gently ease cake out of pan and let cool, or serve warm.
> I usually line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper to assist
> with getting the cake out intact.
> Hope that helps.
>

> --
> Kalina

Ida Slapter

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:14:35 -0600, "K. Reece" > wrote:

>There is no such thing as a good box cake.

JUST another opinion. Aren't you glad we still can choose??!!

Wayne Boatwright

"K. Reece" > wrote in :

> "Kalina" > wrote in message
>>
>> Juanita Amundson Wrote:
>>> Hi I am looking for an easy receipe for a pineapple upside down cake.
>>> Any one that has one could u please share and email me a copy please.
>>> Thanks. My father in law loves pineapple upside down cake and would
>>> love to have one for a special dinner that I am making him. Email me
>>> at

>> The easiest version I know of is to buy a good box cake. > Kalina

> There is no such thing as a good box cake.
>
> This is the one I usually use.
>
> Kathy
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
>
> Recipe By :
> Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Cakes

> 1/3 cup butter or margarine
> 1/2 cup brown sugar
> 1 can sliced pineapple -- drained, juice reserved
> 2 eggs
> 2/3 cup sugar
> 6 tablespoons juice from fruit
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 1 cup flour or cake flour
> 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
> maraschino cherries
> pecan halves
>

> Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl in microwave,
> melt butter or margarine. Pour into a 8x8 inch square or
> small round pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over evenly. Place a layer
> of sliced pineapple evenly over bottom of pan, do not overlap
> but touch sides. Place a maraschino cherryin the middle of each
> pineapple slice and pecans in the spaces between
> pineapple to form a nice pattern.
>

> Beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar.
> Add juice, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt in that order. Mix well.
> Pour over pineapple and bake for 45 mins or until toothpick inserted
> in center comes out clean. Immediately turn upside-down on a
> serving plate. Do not remove pan for a few minutes

Excellent recipe! Almost identical to the one I use. IMHO, spongecake is
the only "proper" type of cake to use for this. There is already enough
butter in the topping, and the spongecake easily soaks up some of the brown
sugar butter mixture.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
K. Reece

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

> Excellent recipe! Almost identical to the one I use. IMHO, spongecake is
> the only "proper" type of cake to use for this. There is already enough
> butter in the topping, and the spongecake easily soaks up some of the
> brown
> sugar butter mixture.
>
> --
> Wayne in Phoenix
>
> *If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
> *A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

I've tried a couple of other ones but this is the one I always come back to.
I love the way it soaks up the topping!

Kathy

Lynn Gifford

I served this with the infamous MahiMahi Hawaiian dinner. The
macadamia nuts take it up a level. It's just as easy as a mix and I am
no great shakes as a baker. You could use a box of banana muffin mix
if you're really in a hurry!

BANANA-PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
3/8 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 mashed banana
1 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
Cream together butter and sugar. Gradually add beaten egg,
flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in mashed banana. Melt
butter and sprinkle brown sugar through it on bottom of pan, 9
inches square. Add well drained crushed
pineapple and chopped macadamia nuts. Pour batter over this
mixture and bake in pre-heated oven of 350 degrees for 20-30
minutes. Let cool a few minutes and then invert on a platter or plate.
Serves 8-10.

Lynn from Fargo

K. Reece

"Lynn Gifford" > wrote in message
om...
>I served this with the infamous MahiMahi Hawaiian dinner. The
> macadamia nuts take it up a level. It's just as easy as a mix and I am
> no great shakes as a baker. You could use a box of banana muffin mix
> if you're really in a hurry!
>
> BANANA-PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE

<snipped and saved!>
Lynn from Fargo

Thanks Lynn! This one looks really yummy.

Kathy

K. Reece