Heather

Default stevia

I grew stevia last year it tastes sweet and was ok look for the seeds
and grow it its easy
Jennifer

Heather wrote:
> I grew stevia last year it tastes sweet and was ok look for the seeds
> and grow it its easy

You may want to read this:

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/4_00/stevia.html

Jennifer

Isn't it amazing how conscious these people are on the use of Stevia but
leave Mad Cow Disease(BSE) out as a real contaminate and danger to
consumers of meat.
Matt

Jennifer wrote:
> Heather wrote:
>
>> I grew stevia last year it tastes sweet and was ok look for the seeds
>> and grow it its easy

> You may want to read this:
>
> http://www.cspinet.org/nah/4_00/stevia.html
>
> Jennifer

Joe

Of course, the FDA wouldn't approve mass use of caffeine, ethyl alcohol or
aspirin if those things were just now being marketed. Moderation is the key;
has anyone been recorded dying of stevia poisoning or even getting seriously
ill from it?

As to the side-effects, eating tofu and other soy-based foods, as well as
drinking liquids stored in poly containers has also been shown to reduce
sperm count and motility. Cancer can be caused by any number of dietary or
environmental factors. The carb metabolism issue is more of concern to us.

I also see a non-sequitur in the "logic" of one statement. "If you use
stevia sparingly (once or twice a day in a cup of tea, for example), it isn'
t a great threat to you. But if stevia were marketed widely and used in diet
sodas, it would be consumed by millions of people. And that might pose a
public health threat."

Wouldn't that be more a factor of how much was contained in a can of soda.
There are several teaspoons of sugar equivalent in a can of Pepsi; is the
govt. worried about that, as well?

Stevia adiabic Diabetic 23 14-03-2012 08:19 PM
Stevia Wonder Paul M. Cook General Cooking 2 18-10-2010 05:43 PM
Stevia? Steve B[_6_] General Cooking 24 24-03-2010 08:22 PM
Baking & Stevia lakota Baking 6 04-01-2006 09:40 AM
Stevia Joan Diabetic 17 22-02-2004 05:21 PM