Old 30-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Wmkcross

Default Cinnamon lowers blood sugar

A friend of mine told me he read an article online that stated a study on the
effects of cinnamon and BG.

Simply put. the study said that 1/2 tsp of cinnamon per day decreases BG
10-30%. While I seriously doubt that percentage (drug companies would kill for
such an effective substance), I would like to see the article for myself.
Anyone have a link to this?

Regards
Bill
p.s. even if there is no truth to the study. it certainly wouldn't hurt to add
cinnamon to my cereal in the morning

Old 02-12-2003, 05:01 PM
BJ in Texas

Wmkcross wrote:
p.s. even if there is no truth to the study. it certainly
wouldn't hurt to add cinnamon to my cereal in the morning

Don't know about its ability to lower BGs, but I use some
on my oatmeal in the mornings...

75% quick oats, 25% oat bran..

:-) BJ

Old 07-01-2004, 12:37 AM
Christine Pomfret

try Rick Mendosa he has a web site dedicated to diabetes and he has had an
article re this subject.........if I remember correctly it was re Cinnamon
Oil............regards Chrissyp

Old 07-01-2004, 03:47 PM
KD

I saw an article on it at webmd.com:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/78/95675.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

Old 07-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Ted Rosenberg

It is anoother scam.

The promoter of this theory has been issuing press releases like this
for OVER ten years.

He and his associates have a PATENT on the process (which he fails to
mention in his press releases)
AND, he uses his title at beltsvile to make it look like it is real.

Old 07-01-2004, 05:03 PM
K'neH'a'Iw

Ted Rosenberg wrote:

He and his associates have a PATENT on the process (which he fails to
mention in his press releases)

How do you patent taking a commonly available substance?

--
K'neH'a'Iw

Uncloaking, Shields up.

Old 08-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Ted Rosenberg

Beats heck out of me - I haven't read the patent, but I would GUESS that
he claims to have found the active ingredient.

Then again, I knew a researcher who got a patent on brocali sprouts -
but it didn't hold up whne chalanged in court.

low blood sugar Tim923[_2_] Vegan 1 25-07-2012 02:28 AM
Reasons for Swinging Blood Sugar Level Rinki Rawat Diabetic 0 29-06-2012 01:03 PM
How to Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels vidiya sharma General Cooking 0 29-05-2012 12:18 PM
How To Stimulate your Body's Natural Insulin and Reduce Blood Glucose Levels. Glucosium's natural ingredients can help control blood sugar, stimulate your body's insulin production, limit nerve damage and much more. posh Diabetic 1 17-01-2006 02:48 AM
blood sugar levels Julie Bove Diabetic 1 03-10-2003 05:33 PM