Old 01-10-2003, 12:35 AM
Susan Leah Bringham

Default Bluebery

"Karen" wrote in message news:[email protected]
"Susan Leah Bringham" wrote in message
om...
Anyone who cooks muffins have a recipe for Bluebery muffins that don't
use too much sugar or at least use Splenda?
Got a lot of them this year and want to make all kinds of goodies.
Thanks,
Susan

Hi, Susan!

Here's a recipe I tried a couple of weeks ago - these muffins are really
good.
Hi,

I tried the recipe added pecans and 4 tablespoons of bran to the mix.
It worked wonderfully well. Didn't affect my Bg's at all.
I also made one using soy flour and no 'real' flour and they worked
splendedly also.
Now I am going to make the same recipe with cranberries and apples
plus some nice nuts.
Good going.

Old 01-10-2003, 01:41 AM
Karen

"Susan Leah Bringham" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I tried the recipe added pecans and 4 tablespoons of bran to the mix.
It worked wonderfully well. Didn't affect my Bg's at all.
I also made one using soy flour and no 'real' flour and they worked
splendedly also.
Now I am going to make the same recipe with cranberries and apples
plus some nice nuts.
Good going.

Susan, I'm so glad you had success with the blueberry muffin recipe. It's a
good basic recipe that should also work really well with the cranberries and
apples - that sounds so yummy!

Let us know how it turns out. You may want to repost the recipe with your
alterations and additions so we can try it, too! :-)

Karen

Old 03-10-2003, 02:25 AM
SandyD

I must have missed the recipe...........would you please repost it?
Thanks,
Sandy
news:ippeb.688$%[email protected]

Old 03-10-2003, 03:04 AM
Karen

"SandyD" wrote in message
I must have missed the recipe...........would you please repost it?
Thanks,
Sandy

Here you go! To shave 7 grams of carb from each muffin, use Splenda or
other non-aspartame sweetener in place of the sugar called for in the
recipe.

Enjoy!

Karen
Type 2

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

Yield: 18 servings (1 muffin)
Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking"

- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 18 cups of
2 (12 cup) muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or
line with paper liners.

In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder,
baking soda, and salt until well blended, about 1 minute.

In another medium bowl, combine the oil, egg, milk, and
vanilla until well blended. Pour this liquid mixture into
the middle of the flour mixture; stir until not quite all
combined. Add the blueberries and gently finish combining.
Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about 2/3 full.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean,
about 15-18 minutes. Cool in the tins on a rack, 5 minutes,
then remove from pan and place on the rack to finish cooling.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 muffin):
Calories: 142, Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 14 mg, Sodium: 71 mg,
Carbohydrate: 24 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 14 g, Protein: 2g
Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat