Aria

Default Electric Steamer

I saw an electric steamer at cooking.com and was curious about it. It stated
that you can also cook eggs in it. Has anyone ever used one of these, and is
there any noticable difference between microwaving vege's as opposed to this
apparatus???

paula

"i got an electric steamer just before christmas and i love it.
veggies do just perfectly in it and i do not end up with all those
pans. i cannot comment on the for and against the microwave method as
i have only ever zapped carrots once when i forgot to do them my way.
Bliss

I just saw a Gaggenau built-in steamer that could, according to the
salesman, also be used to boil pasta. Is that possible with the
electric steamer you have? That would make it something I might add to
my kitchen. I'm loathe to add too many one use appliances since I find
I don't use my pressure cooker or slow cooker as much as I thougt I
would.

(paula) wrote in message . com>...
> "i got an electric steamer just before christmas and i love it.
> veggies do just perfectly in it and i do not end up with all those
> pans. i cannot comment on the for and against the microwave method as
> i have only ever zapped carrots once when i forgot to do them my way.

paula

I have a rice container with mine and it cooks it to perfection. Never
thought about doing pasta but it should work. Wish i had read this
earlier as i had pasta for tea. Will try it and let you know.

New steamer George Shirley Preserving 9 26-08-2009 03:10 AM
bambo steamer Stormmee Asian Cooking 7 22-05-2009 08:25 AM
Recommend a steamer? blackhead General Cooking 23 19-04-2008 12:39 PM
Electric stove controller for electric smoker catfish Barbecue 1 12-05-2006 07:56 AM
Best non-plastic steamer? D. Tomato General Cooking 1 24-05-2004 08:15 AM