alzelt

Default Fell in Love on Friday

With the new Bosch combo gas/electric stove. Sealed range top, too.
Price was great. Although it fits in the standard 30" width, it has a
25" wide oven, with a warmer below. Controls are fantastic. So, just as
soon as we can buy all the other things we need, along with the Nikon
100, then we can buy what I really "want."
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

graham

"alzelt" > wrote in message
> With the new Bosch combo gas/electric stove. Sealed range top, too.
> Price was great. Although it fits in the standard 30" width, it has a
> 25" wide oven, with a warmer below. Controls are fantastic. So, just as
> soon as we can buy all the other things we need, along with the Nikon
> 100, then we can buy what I really "want."
> --
> Alan

A few years ago, I bought one of the first Bosch convection ovens made for
the N.American market, i.e., it is 30" wide. It's a great oven but it has
no indicator light to tell you when the oven has reached the set
temperature. I believe it was "corrected" in later models.

BTW Alan, I bought two Pain Poilne miches and a walnut loaf in London last
week. They are now quartered and in the freezer so if you come up to visit
Harry, you can have a piece.

Graham

LC

"graham" > wrote in message

> BTW Alan, I bought two Pain Poilne miches and a walnut loaf in London

last
> week. They are now quartered and in the freezer so if you come up to

visit
> Harry, you can have a piece.

What is this about? I will be in London in 10 days..somewhere I might need
to go?

Laurie

graham

"LC" > wrote in message

> "graham" > wrote in message
> >
> > BTW Alan, I bought two Pain Poilne miches and a walnut loaf in London

> last
> > week. They are now quartered and in the freezer so if you come up to

> visit
> > Harry, you can have a piece.
> >

> What is this about? I will be in London in 10 days..somewhere I might

need
> to go?
>
> Laurie

If you are interested in really good pain au lévain baked in wood-fired
ovens, the Poilne bakeries in Paris are world famous. A couple of years
ago, Lionel Poilne established a branch in London, the first wood-fired
bakery since the Great Fire in 1666. He was killed in a helicopter crash
last year but his daughter is carrying on with the business.
The bread is expensive but worth it. A full 2kg miche or boule costs about
£7. I think that you can buy a portion though I always buy whole ones.
If you are interested, I could send you directions on how to find the
bakery.
See also www.poilane.fr
Regards
Graham

alzelt

graham wrote:
> "alzelt" > wrote in message
>
>>With the new Bosch combo gas/electric stove. Sealed range top, too.
>>Price was great. Although it fits in the standard 30" width, it has a
>>25" wide oven, with a warmer below. Controls are fantastic. So, just as
>>soon as we can buy all the other things we need, along with the Nikon
>>100, then we can buy what I really "want."
>>--
>>Alan
>>

> A few years ago, I bought one of the first Bosch convection ovens made for
> the N.American market, i.e., it is 30" wide. It's a great oven but it has
> no indicator light to tell you when the oven has reached the set
> temperature. I believe it was "corrected" in later models.
>
> BTW Alan, I bought two Pain Poilne miches and a walnut loaf in London last
> week. They are now quartered and in the freezer so if you come up to visit
> Harry, you can have a piece.
>
> Graham

Harry says the weather is still iffy and ocassionally snowy. Best you
eat the bread. May/June is a long time off.

Yeah, they seemingly got this one scoped out now. Every feature one
could want.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Larry

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:37:06 GMT, alzelt
> wrote:

>.... So, just as
>soon as we can buy all the other things we need, along with the Nikon
>100, then we can buy what I really "want."

Wait for the Nikon D70. 8

-- Larry

alzelt

Larry wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:37:06 GMT, alzelt
> > wrote:
>

>>.... So, just as
>>soon as we can buy all the other things we need, along with the Nikon
>>100, then we can buy what I really "want."

> Wait for the Nikon D70. 8
>
> -- Larry

Please describe

fell off the wagon... SN Tea 4 30-01-2008 06:27 PM
Bung fell in Carboy.....Harm wine??? [email protected] Winemaking 3 09-11-2007 03:08 PM
Love chocolate you will love this site. Cocoa Conniosseur General Cooking 29 18-10-2006 08:38 PM
whipped cream fell flat JLove98905 General Cooking 43 25-06-2004 04:29 AM