jb

Default pacair range hoods, zephyr or other suggestion

Hi,
I've been researching range hoods for a new 30 inch gas range with 4
16K BTU burners. I will be doing some spicy thai stir frys, searing
steaks, as well as long simmering of stocks. I want a hood that is
quiet, but efficient. I want to keep the height to about 9
inches...and we have 6 inch ducting. We live in a 2 story townhouse
with the kitchen downstairs venting over a den until it gets outside.

I was all set for a dual blower vent-a-hood but it requires 8 inch
ducting.
Then I was looking at the zephyr hoods but I didn't like all the
beeping that the unit makes every time a fan is adjusted. I'm not sure
if they are all like that as only one was set up in the show room. I
was told that you need to have a capture area under the hood - the
pyramid zephyr appears to have that style...is it important. Some of
the models are flat on the bottom.

I saw one reference to pacair that says they are used alot for stir
frys.

Any experience with pacair or zephyrs.

Thanks for any insight
jb