Aaron Wright

Default Help! Looking for small griddle/grill pan

Hi,

Until recently my wife had a small griddle pan that she really loved. It
was square, and no more than 7x7. It was the perfect size for making a
single grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn't terribly expensive; like the
cookware you might buy at Wal-Mart.

We just moved, and the pan seems to have gone away as part of that. I'd
like to get my wife a new one for Christmas, as well as her mother who's
expressed some interest in one. Problem is, I can't find one like this
anywhere.

I'm not sure whether you'd call it a griddle or grill pan. It was flat
with only the slightest trace of a lip around it. In searching on the
internet, I see 10 or 11 inch versions of this called a griddle (like
this one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d=1071218429//
ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i10_xgl79/002-6182745-0947205?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=507846)

I've tried searching online on various combinations of words, and can't
seem to find anything. Every store I've been in to doesn't have anything
like it.

Can anyone tell me whether or not they've ever seen anything like this?
If so, any ideas as to where I might turn?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Aaron
Katra

Default 7" griddle (Help! Looking for small griddle/grill pan)

Apologies for top posting, but I'd already answered this post and this
is a followup.

I found a 7" griddle here, but it's round, not squa

https://www.jackscountrystore.com/secure/griddle.html

Don't know if that helps or not, I'll keep looking. :-)

I know what it's like searching for "that" special item. <G>

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
Aaron Wright

That's getting close, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want if it
wasn't square (see it's just the right size for a grilled cheese
sandwich...)

I sure do wish I could remember the brand, though. Like I said, it was
definitely something cheap. What are the brands one would find at
Wal-Mart or Target?

-Aaron

In article >,
Katra > wrote:

> Apologies for top posting, but I'd already answered this post and this
> is a followup.
>
> I found a 7" griddle here, but it's round, not squa
>
> https://www.jackscountrystore.com/secure/griddle.html
>
> Don't know if that helps or not, I'll keep looking. :-)
>
> I know what it's like searching for "that" special item. <G>
>
> K.
>
> Aaron Wright wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Until recently my wife had a small griddle pan that she really loved. It
> > was square, and no more than 7x7. It was the perfect size for making a
> > single grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn't terribly expensive; like the
> > cookware you might buy at Wal-Mart.
> >
> > We just moved, and the pan seems to have gone away as part of that. I'd
> > like to get my wife a new one for Christmas, as well as her mother who's
> > expressed some interest in one. Problem is, I can't find one like this
> > anywhere.
> >
> > I'm not sure whether you'd call it a griddle or grill pan. It was flat
> > with only the slightest trace of a lip around it. In searching on the
> > internet, I see 10 or 11 inch versions of this called a griddle (like
> > this one:
> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d=1071218429//
> > ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i10_xgl79/002-6182745-0947205?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=507846)
> >
> > I've tried searching online on various combinations of words, and can't
> > seem to find anything. Every store I've been in to doesn't have anything
> > like it.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me whether or not they've ever seen anything like this?
> > If so, any ideas as to where I might turn?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help,
> > Aaron

Katra

Aaron Wright wrote:

> In article >,
> Katra > wrote:
>
> > Apologies for top posting, but I'd already answered this post and this
> > is a followup.
> >
> > I found a 7" griddle here, but it's round, not squa
> >
> > https://www.jackscountrystore.com/secure/griddle.html
> >
> > Don't know if that helps or not, I'll keep looking. :-)
> >
> > I know what it's like searching for "that" special item. <G>
> >
> > K.
> >

> That's getting close, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want if it
> wasn't square (see it's just the right size for a grilled cheese
> sandwich...)
>
> I sure do wish I could remember the brand, though. Like I said, it was
> definitely something cheap. What are the brands one would find at
> Wal-Mart or Target?
>
> -Aaron

Does the brand really matter? :-)
Something that small, I've tried the "toy" search categories as well and
got closer... <G>

Browse at Wal-Mart or Target, you never know! Most of them carry
"Lodge".

I've been googling, but not much luck, but did not search specifically
for Lodge griddles.

That same site has some square fry pans and one was 5". I can't imagine
what one would do with a 5" pan...

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
Gini

"Aaron Wright" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Until recently my wife had a small griddle pan that she really loved. It
> was square, and no more than 7x7. It was the perfect size for making a
> single grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn't terribly expensive; like the
> cookware you might buy at Wal-Mart.

==
I have two Prizer (sometimes called Prizerware) pans. They are 6 inches
square--heavy enameled cast iron or steel. I'm not sure they are still made.
Mine are quite old.
I got them both on eBay.
==

> We just moved, and the pan seems to have gone away as part of that. I'd
> like to get my wife a new one for Christmas, as well as her mother who's
> expressed some interest in one. Problem is, I can't find one like this
> anywhere.
>
> I'm not sure whether you'd call it a griddle or grill pan. It was flat
> with only the slightest trace of a lip around it. In searching on the
> internet, I see 10 or 11 inch versions of this called a griddle (like
> this one:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d=1071218429//
> ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i10_xgl79/002-6182745-0947205?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=507846)
>
> I've tried searching online on various combinations of words, and can't
> seem to find anything. Every store I've been in to doesn't have anything
> like it.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether or not they've ever seen anything like this?
> If so, any ideas as to where I might turn?
>

> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Aaron

grimb

Default Help! Looking for small griddle/grill pan - found it!

Aaron Wright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Until recently my wife had a small griddle pan that she really loved. It
> was square, and no more than 7x7. It was the perfect size for making a
> single grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn't terribly expensive; like the
> cookware you might buy at Wal-Mart.
>
> We just moved, and the pan seems to have gone away as part of that. I'd
> like to get my wife a new one for Christmas, as well as her mother who's
> expressed some interest in one. Problem is, I can't find one like this
> anywhere.
>
> I'm not sure whether you'd call it a griddle or grill pan. It was flat
> with only the slightest trace of a lip around it. In searching on the
> internet, I see 10 or 11 inch versions of this called a griddle (like
> this one:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d=1071218429//
> ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i10_xgl79/002-6182745-0947205?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=507846)
>
> I've tried searching online on various combinations of words, and can't
> seem to find anything. Every store I've been in to doesn't have anything
> like it.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether or not they've ever seen anything like this?
> If so, any ideas as to where I might turn?
>

> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Aaron

I had one of these before and its from "mirro" brand... This is the only
link I could find for the 7" mirro griddle pan:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/p...esEnabled=TRUE

Sheellah

Found one for you in cast iron by Lodge at:

http://store.yahoo.com/thegadgetsour...536002002.html

Also Le Creuset makes an 8" square enameled grill, with ridges though, for
$39.99 at Amazon. Both together would make a great gift!
jmcquown

Aaron Wright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Until recently my wife had a small griddle pan that she really loved.
> It was square, and no more than 7x7. It was the perfect size for
> making a single grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn't terribly
> expensive; like the cookware you might buy at Wal-Mart.
>
> We just moved, and the pan seems to have gone away as part of that.
> I'd like to get my wife a new one for Christmas, as well as her
> mother who's expressed some interest in one. Problem is, I can't find
> one like this anywhere.
>
> I'm not sure whether you'd call it a griddle or grill pan. It was flat
> with only the slightest trace of a lip around it. In searching on the
> internet, I see 10 or 11 inch versions of this called a griddle (like
> this one:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d=1071218429//
> ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i10_xgl79/002-6182745-0947205?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=507846)
>
> I've tried searching online on various combinations of words, and
> can't seem to find anything. Every store I've been in to doesn't have
> anything like it.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether or not they've ever seen anything like
> this? If so, any ideas as to where I might turn?
>

> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Aaron

No idea about a 7" square griddle. Lodge makes a great 12 inch square cast
iron griddle. They also have a 9-inch diameter round griddle. What, you
never want a toasted cheese sandwich with your wife? <G> I love Lodge cast
iron.

You can also get a 4" square cast iron skillet. Apparently they don't make
the small round one I use for cooking a single burger or chicken breast half
in anymore; thank goodness I kept mine!

Good luck in your search.

Jill

Wayne Boatwright

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> Aaron Wright wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Until recently my wife had a small griddle pan that she really loved.
>> It was square, and no more than 7x7. It was the perfect size for
>> making a single grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn't terribly
>> expensive; like the cookware you might buy at Wal-Mart.
>>
>> We just moved, and the pan seems to have gone away as part of that.
>> I'd like to get my wife a new one for Christmas, as well as her
>> mother who's expressed some interest in one. Problem is, I can't find
>> one like this anywhere.
>>
>> I'm not sure whether you'd call it a griddle or grill pan. It was
>> flat with only the slightest trace of a lip around it. In searching
>> on the internet, I see 10 or 11 inch versions of this called a
>> griddle (like this one:
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../qid=107121842
>> 9//
>> ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i10_xgl79/002-6182745-0947205?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=5078
>> 46)
>>
>> I've tried searching online on various combinations of words, and
>> can't seem to find anything. Every store I've been in to doesn't have
>> anything like it.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me whether or not they've ever seen anything like
>> this? If so, any ideas as to where I might turn?
>>

>> Thanks in advance for any help,
>> Aaron

> No idea about a 7" square griddle. Lodge makes a great 12 inch square
> cast iron griddle. They also have a 9-inch diameter round griddle.
> What, you never want a toasted cheese sandwich with your wife? <G> I
> love Lodge cast iron.
>
> You can also get a 4" square cast iron skillet. Apparently they don't
> make the small round one I use for cooking a single burger or chicken
> breast half in anymore; thank goodness I kept mine!
>
> Good luck in your search.
>
> Jill

The OP might try some of the little catalogs like "Harriet Carter" or
"Taylor Gifts" and others that carry bits of everything from soup to
nuts. They seem to carry a fair number of cooking oddities and are
usually quite inexpensive as well.
Aaron Wright

In article >,
grimb > wrote:

> I had one of these before and its from "mirro" brand... This is the only
> link I could find for the 7" mirro griddle pan:
>
> http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/p...&DeptID=1328&c
> atID=17490&flgCookiesEnabled=TRUE

You win! I believe this is exactly what we used to have. It's really
strange that it doesn't show up on any other websites or anywhere else
that sells mirro brand.

A couple of people pointed out the Lodge small square skillets, and I
think I prefer the idea of cast iron for this kind of pan, so we're just
going to get one Lodge and one Mirro, and then determine later which one
goes to my wife and which one goes to her mother.

A big thanks to everyone that helped!

-Aaron

Katra

Aaron Wright wrote:

> In article >,
> grimb > wrote:
>

> > I had one of these before and its from "mirro" brand... This is the only
> > link I could find for the 7" mirro griddle pan:
> >
> > http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/p...&DeptID=1328&c
> > atID=17490&flgCookiesEnabled=TRUE
> >

> You win! I believe this is exactly what we used to have. It's really
> strange that it doesn't show up on any other websites or anywhere else
> that sells mirro brand.
>
> A couple of people pointed out the Lodge small square skillets, and I
> think I prefer the idea of cast iron for this kind of pan, so we're just
> going to get one Lodge and one Mirro, and then determine later which one
> goes to my wife and which one goes to her mother.
>
> A big thanks to everyone that helped!
>
> -Aaron

Merry Christmas! :-)
I'm glad that somebody found what you were looking for...

This is the best of usenet. <G>

Now, if someone could help me with a browser that has started crashing
on ebay..... <sigh>

K.

Katra wrote:

> Aaron Wright wrote:
> >
> > In article >,
> > grimb > wrote:
> >

> > > I had one of these before and its from "mirro" brand... This is the only
> > > link I could find for the 7" mirro griddle pan:
> > >
> > > http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/p...&DeptID=1328&c
> > > atID=17490&flgCookiesEnabled=TRUE
> > >

> > You win! I believe this is exactly what we used to have. It's really
> > strange that it doesn't show up on any other websites or anywhere else
> > that sells mirro brand.
> >
> > A couple of people pointed out the Lodge small square skillets, and I
> > think I prefer the idea of cast iron for this kind of pan, so we're just
> > going to get one Lodge and one Mirro, and then determine later which one
> > goes to my wife and which one goes to her mother.
> >
> > A big thanks to everyone that helped!
> >
> > -Aaron

> Merry Christmas! :-)
> I'm glad that somebody found what you were looking for...
>
> This is the best of usenet. <G>
>
> Now, if someone could help me with a browser that has started crashing
> on ebay..... <sigh>
>
> K.
>
> --
> >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

> "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
> all owned by cats" -- Asimov
>
> Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra

You are using Netscape 4.77, aren't you? If so you are not the only one. I
also use it and for about a week I have been having all kinds of problems with
it. Upgrade to 7.01 or higher and it _MAY_ resolve your problem.

Bert

Katra wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > Katra wrote:
> > >
> > > Merry Christmas! :-)
> > > I'm glad that somebody found what you were looking for...
> > >
> > > This is the best of usenet. <G>
> > >
> > > Now, if someone could help me with a browser that has started crashing
> > > on ebay..... <sigh>
> > >
> > > K.
> > >

> > You are using Netscape 4.77, aren't you? If so you are not the only one. I
> > also use it and for about a week I have been having all kinds of problems with
> > it. Upgrade to 7.01 or higher and it _MAY_ resolve your problem.
> >
> > Bert

> Ah, lovely... :-P
> Time to upgrade eh? That is just SO much fun! NOT!!! :-)
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. If that will fix the problem, that'd be
> great! Will snag sis' this weekend and see if we can patch it.
>
> OTOH, not being able to shop on ebay is probably saving me some money. <G>
>
> My sig. went dead this week also until someone pointed it out to me and
> I fixed it. eBay must have done an upgrade and not warned anyone.
>
> Serve them right if they lose millions for doing something that stoopid
> during the Christmas season!
>
> K.
>
> --
> >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^<
>^,,^<
>
> "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
> all owned by cats" -- Asimov
>
> Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...s&userid=Katra

The problem seems to have gone away although one remaining issue remains. I
had bookmarked My Ebay page so I could go in without having to enter login and
password. That no longer works. Now I have to enter it even if I tell it to
keep me logged in. Oh, well...

Bert