weft2

Default Non-removable Mixing Blade Bread Machine?

I inherited a used bread machine pan from a somewhat older B&D Breadmaking
machine (Don't know the model and the original owner of the machine isn't
around), and I can't remove the blue mixing blade from the shaft. It's been
oiled, and soaked in water, though there never appeard to be anything
sticking to it. Then I looked at the blade top more carefully, and instead
of a half moon hole at the top of the blade (where it fits onto the shaft
(the shaft, also usually with a half moon shape, but I can't tell this
time), there's a small diagonal cutting accross the half moon on the blade,
as if to prevent it from removal. Has anyone heard of non-removable bread
machine blades/paddles before?
This one has me stumped, because no amt. of force will remove it, unlike
other ones that will come up with a good soaking. The blade rotates just
fine, BTW, so again, I'm thinking this is a permanent blade. Thanks for any
info.

LIMEYNO1

I don't know about non removeable paddles, but I never remove mine. It was
hard to remove when new and I just decided it wasn't worth the effort to
remove it. If a small amount of dough remains after using it, it flakes off
easily when dry and I'm not putting any stress on the unit trying to remove
it.

"weft2" > wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
> I inherited a used bread machine pan from a somewhat older B&D Breadmaking
> machine (Don't know the model and the original owner of the machine isn't
> around), and I can't remove the blue mixing blade from the shaft. It's

been
> oiled, and soaked in water, though there never appeard to be anything
> sticking to it. Then I looked at the blade top more carefully, and instead
> of a half moon hole at the top of the blade (where it fits onto the shaft
> (the shaft, also usually with a half moon shape, but I can't tell this
> time), there's a small diagonal cutting accross the half moon on the

blade,
> as if to prevent it from removal. Has anyone heard of non-removable bread
> machine blades/paddles before?
> This one has me stumped, because no amt. of force will remove it, unlike
> other ones that will come up with a good soaking. The blade rotates just
> fine, BTW, so again, I'm thinking this is a permanent blade. Thanks for

any
> info.

Mike Wilde

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:45:27 GMT, "weft2" > wrote:

>I inherited a used bread machine pan from a somewhat older B&D Breadmaking
>machine (Don't know the model and the original owner of the machine isn't
>around), and I can't remove the blue mixing blade from the shaft. It's been
>oiled, and soaked in water, though there never appeard to be anything
>sticking to it. Then I looked at the blade top more carefully, and instead
>of a half moon hole at the top of the blade (where it fits onto the shaft
>(the shaft, also usually with a half moon shape, but I can't tell this
>time), there's a small diagonal cutting accross the half moon on the blade,
>as if to prevent it from removal. Has anyone heard of non-removable bread
>machine blades/paddles before?
>This one has me stumped, because no amt. of force will remove it, unlike
>other ones that will come up with a good soaking. The blade rotates just
>fine, BTW, so again, I'm thinking this is a permanent blade. Thanks for any
>info.

I had a B& D of the type you describe- it actually would be best
called semi-removable. The shaft actually allowed the blade to twist
a tiny bit onto a nub at the top of the shaft that kept it from coming
off when you extract the loaf. Often a bit of dry flour would get
wedged in the slot, or a ring of well cooked bread would form under
the blade next to the pan We would fill the pan with enough water to
clover the blade-shaft area, and leave it for an hour or more when the
blade had not been cleaned under for a while, and looked like it
needed it. Then, holding the blade in one hand, and the underside of
pan shaft drive ears in the other try to twist in the opposite
direction to the way that the blade normally rotates.

Another soak is sometimes needed, for the first effort sometimes just
loosens up enough space in the compacted flour to allow more water to
penetracte and really loosen things up so that the blade can rotate
back on the shaft and be removed. Removing it after every laof, and
cleaning the shaft and blade hole will keep the clump from building up
after that.
Bev

"weft2" > wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
> I inherited a used bread machine pan from a somewhat older B&D Breadmaking
> machine (Don't know the model and the original owner of the machine isn't
> around), and I can't remove the blue mixing blade from the shaft. It's

been
> oiled, and soaked in water, though there never appeard to be anything
> sticking to it. Then I looked at the blade top more carefully, and instead
> of a half moon hole at the top of the blade (where it fits onto the shaft
> (the shaft, also usually with a half moon shape, but I can't tell this
> time), there's a small diagonal cutting accross the half moon on the

blade,
> as if to prevent it from removal. Has anyone heard of non-removable bread
> machine blades/paddles before?
> This one has me stumped, because no amt. of force will remove it, unlike
> other ones that will come up with a good soaking. The blade rotates just
> fine, BTW, so again, I'm thinking this is a permanent blade. Thanks for

any
> info.

I never remove my bread machine blade - it "can" be done but it sticks a lot
and I see no reason to remove it.

Bev C