anbelu

Default charbroil gas grill

The house my husband and I bought about 5 years ago has a charbroil
gas grill built into an island on the porch. We have recently started
using it and are having a little trouble because the flame is all
concentrated at the back of the grill and is very high - on low it is
almost up to the level of the grill itself. We're trying to figure
out if there's something wrong with it or if that's the way it's
supposed to be. We're also thinking about replacing it and looking
for any recommendations for built-ins.
wff_ng_3

"anbelu" > wrote:
> The house my husband and I bought about 5 years ago has a charbroil
> gas grill built into an island on the porch. We have recently started
> using it and are having a little trouble because the flame is all
> concentrated at the back of the grill and is very high - on low it is
> almost up to the level of the grill itself. We're trying to figure
> out if there's something wrong with it or if that's the way it's
> supposed to be. We're also thinking about replacing it and looking
> for any recommendations for built-ins.

Just taking a stab at this... grills with gas burners left outside unused
for long periods often get spider webs and such blocking the insides.
Blowing the burner out with a good blast of compressed air can often clear
any debris in it. My brother in Florida has this happen fairly frequently...
and luckily he has an air compressor to do the blasting. I suppose you could
also do this with water, but that would be somewhat more difficult and you'd
have to dry it out before using it.

Peter Aitken

"wff_ng_3" > wrote in message
> "anbelu" > wrote:
> > The house my husband and I bought about 5 years ago has a charbroil
> > gas grill built into an island on the porch. We have recently started
> > using it and are having a little trouble because the flame is all
> > concentrated at the back of the grill and is very high - on low it is
> > almost up to the level of the grill itself. We're trying to figure
> > out if there's something wrong with it or if that's the way it's
> > supposed to be. We're also thinking about replacing it and looking
> > for any recommendations for built-ins.

> Just taking a stab at this... grills with gas burners left outside unused
> for long periods often get spider webs and such blocking the insides.
> Blowing the burner out with a good blast of compressed air can often

clear
> any debris in it. My brother in Florida has this happen fairly

frequently...
> and luckily he has an air compressor to do the blasting. I suppose you

could
> also do this with water, but that would be somewhat more difficult and

you'd
> have to dry it out before using it.

If cleaning does not work you can replace the burners. If the rest of the
grill is in good shape this would be worth considering and a lot cheaper
than a whole new unit.

--
Peter Aitken

Edwin Pawlowski

"anbelu" > wrote in message
m...
> We're trying to figure
> out if there's something wrong with it or if that's the way it's
> supposed to be. We're also thinking about replacing it and looking
> for any recommendations for built-ins.

Yes, there is a problem. Could be the venturi tubes are blocked or the
burner itself is rusted or blocked. The tubes can be cleaned, the burner
can be replaced.

Charbroil is a low end brand. Since you just started using it after five
years, I'm hesitant to recommend a high end replacement like Broil King, or
MHP.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Charbroil Red HS Barbecue 30 26-03-2008 01:25 AM
Help with Charbroil Big-Easy BBQ grill repair [email protected] Barbecue 3 07-05-2007 07:55 PM
Charbroil Bandera help... Austin Aggie Barbecue 6 19-02-2007 12:19 AM
Sealing Charbroil smoker YeWayne N Houndog Barbecue 0 09-09-2004 03:57 AM
Nexgrill vs Charbroil Morris, Anthony Barbecue 2 04-02-2004 08:32 PM