Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.food.barbecue

Default Help with Charbroil Big-Easy BBQ grill repair

I was in the process of cleaning up the burners of my Charbroil Big-
Easy gas grill. I have a two burner model. I removed the clips that
held the burner tubes to the valves and pulled the burners out. Than
only I realized that something has fallen off under the grill. This is
a metal plate, about 4-5 inches wide, as long as the grill and has
holes in it. Based on the description on the user manual, I think it
is the "shield". But I am not able to figure out how to put back this
shield. The user manual is not very clear about it. This part of the
BBQ was pre-installed.

I would really appreciate any advice. It will be great if you have the
same grill and have a look and give me an idea how the shield is
mounted. I could not find this BBQ in stores to have a look.

Thanks.

-Dipu

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.food.barbecue

> It's a Charbroil - time to retire it. If you want a propane grill that
> sells parts in retail stores, get a Weber. I've been through several
> Sunbeams and Charbroils and switched to Weber over ten years ago. I'm
> on my second and just replaced the cooking grid and "flavorizer" bars
> with stainless steel. The burner was already stainless so I'm set for a
> few more years.
>
> Dan- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your suggestion. Next time I am in the market for a grill,
I will look into Weber. I was able to clean up the burners and put
back the shield over the weekend. Now it seems to be working fine. I
am thinking of going through this summer with this old one. Depending
on how many times I use it, I may get a new one next year :-)

Just to close this thread, the shiled goes behind the valves. There
are two extensions on the sides of the shield and corresponding holes
in the grill body. It was as easy as snapping it back into those
holes. The burner tubes go through circular holes in the shield.

-Dipu

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.food.barbecue

On May 7, 2:27�pm, wrote:
> > It's a Charbroil - time to retire it. *If you want a propane grill that
> > sells parts in retail stores, get a Weber. *I've been through several
> > Sunbeams and Charbroils and switched to Weber over ten years ago. *I'm
> > on my second and just replaced the cooking grid and "flavorizer" bars
> > with stainless steel. *The burner was already stainless so I'm set for a
> > few more years.

> > Dan- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks for your suggestion. Next time I am in the market for a grill,
> I will look into Weber. I was able to clean up the burners and put
> back the shield over the weekend. Now it seems to be working fine. I
> am thinking of going through this summer with this old one. Depending
> on how many times I use it, I may get a new one next year :-)
>
> Just to close this thread, the shiled goes behind the valves. There
> are two extensions on the sides of the shield and corresponding holes
> in the grill body. It was as easy as snapping it back into those
> holes. The burner tubes go through circular holes in the shield.
>
> -Dipu

frankly I like my old sears gas grill, it has lava rocks and I believe
that and a higher BTU burner make for tastier steaks.....

The Big Easy Smoker, Roaster & Grill by Char-Broil Kent[_2_] Barbecue 1 21-11-2010 02:24 AM
Weber charcoal grill replacement/repair parts? John Kuthe[_2_] General Cooking 20 25-05-2010 04:48 AM
Weber Grill Repair Sheldon General Cooking 10 04-10-2008 07:21 PM
Charbroil Red HS Barbecue 30 26-03-2008 01:25 AM
charbroil gas grill anbelu Cooking Equipment 3 27-11-2003 03:46 AM