Posted to alt.food.barbecue
HS HS is offline

Default Charbroil Red

Hi Folks,

I was looking into possibly purchasing a Charbroil Red, which is the latest thing they offer in their infrared category. I know that last years Charbroil Tec was a disaster, but maybe they have gotten it right finally. My question to the group: what might be the difference in food taste between the typical open flame grill and infrared. Last years model was a hybrid with half the grill being infrared and the other half a standard open flame. Charbroil touted it then as the best of both worlds. Seems they have abandoned one half of that equation for the 2008 Red.

Thanks,

Howard
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

HS wrote:
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Folks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was looking into possibly purchasing =
a Charbroil=20
Red, which is the latest thing they offer in their infrared category.=20
I&nbsp;know that last years Charbroil Tec was a disaster, but maybe they =
have=20
gotten it right finally. My question to the group:&nbsp;what might be =
the=20
difference in&nbsp;food taste between the typical open flame grill and =
infrared.=20
Last years model was a hybrid with half the grill being infrared and the =
other=20
half a standard open flame. Charbroil touted it then as the best of both =
worlds.=20
Seems they have abandoned one half of that equation for the 2008 Red.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;

Try dropping the html, please.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 12, 10:04 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

SNIP of gibberish

> Try dropping the html, please.

Wow.. all I got was the correctly formatted text from HS.

Browser reload, mebbe?

Robert
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Looks good here.

Now does anyone have more info on the Charbroil Red?

Spud

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
HS HS is offline

I have been a reader and a sometimes contributor to this group for years. I
post a question and for whatever reason, it is in a bad format. And I get
flamed. Very nice hospitality. Thanks to all.
Howard
"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:42:52 GMT, "Dave Bugg" >

>>> On Mar 12, 10:04 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>>>
>>> SNIP of gibberish

>>> Wow.. all I got was the correctly formatted text from HS.
>>>
>>> Browser reload, mebbe?

>>Naw. I purposefully posted the fully encoded html that he posted in. He
>>needs to set his messages to be sent in plain text instead of html.

> Another Outlook Express user who doesn't quite Get It. I hope he
> finds the 'off' switch for the HTML.
>
> "Every single religion that has a monotheistic god
> winds up persecuting someone else."
> -Philip Pullman
> --
> -denny-
> (not as curmudgeonly as I useta be)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

HS wrote:
> I have been a reader and a sometimes contributor to this group for
> years. I post a question and for whatever reason, it is in a bad
> format. And I get flamed. Very nice hospitality. Thanks to all.

Top-poster. Pfffffft.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"HS" > wrote:
> I have been a reader and a sometimes contributor to this group for years.
> I post a question and for whatever reason, it is in a bad format. And I
> get flamed. Very nice hospitality. Thanks to all.
> Howard
> "Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message

[ . . . ]

Answer: I thought I knew what you were going to say.

Question: Why did you answer me before I said anything?

You're welcome!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"HS" > wrote in message
>I have been a reader and a sometimes contributor to this group for years. I
>post a question and for whatever reason, it is in a bad format. And I get
>flamed. Very nice hospitality. Thanks to all.
> Howard

I get the feeling that nobody can answer the question. That includes me.

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

John O wrote:
> "HS" > wrote in message
>> I have been a reader and a sometimes contributor to this group for
>> years. I post a question and for whatever reason, it is in a bad
>> format. And I get flamed. Very nice hospitality. Thanks to all.
>> Howard

> I get the feeling that nobody can answer the question. That includes
> me.

What cracks me up is I'm the one that mentioned the html, and even used the
word 'please' when I asked that the html be dropped.

Besides, aren't flames a part of outdoor cooking?

Don't be mad HS, we's just funning.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

HS wrote:

> I have been a reader and a sometimes contributor to this group for
> years. I post a question and for whatever reason, it is in a bad
> format. And I get flamed. Very nice hospitality. Thanks to all.

Besides the annoying top-posting, if you think THAT was being flamed,
well, you obviously haven't really been flamed. That was at best
"pointed".

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 19, 12:13*pm, "Default User" > wrote:
> HS wrote:

> Besides the annoying top-posting, if you think THAT was being flamed,
> well, you obviously haven't really been flamed. That was at best
> "pointed".
>
> Brian

Better listen to Brian. You've heard of "***-dar"? He's got "Flame-
ar", which to his vast annoyance is pronounced just like "flamer".

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:

> On Mar 19, 12:13 pm, "Default User" > wrote:
> > HS wrote:

> > Besides the annoying top-posting, if you think THAT was being
> > flamed, well, you obviously haven't really been flamed. That was at
> > best "pointed".

> Better listen to Brian.

That is and always has been excellent advice.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 19, 1:26*pm, "Default User" > wrote:
> Tutall wrote:

> That is Brian and always has been Brian

> Brian

And did I mention a snipper (or is that snippet) of the third order,
once removed?

<bg>

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

www.newsreaders.com -- the site's been around a long
> time, and has good information.
>
> Oh, and another reason for not using OE--it's difficult to *not*
> top-post with it. And top-posting in almost all Usenet groups is at
> least one of:
> ignorant
> rude
> arrogant
> stupid.
> In some, it's all 4.
>
> Take a look at Nick Cramer's post--that's what top posting looks like:
> a conversation which is exactly backward.
>
> Now, if you choose to ignore the suggestions several are making, you
> will then learn just what flaming is.

And boy, do we have some seasoned, expert flamers here! LMFAO

[Intentionally not snipped]

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 19, 10:42 pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:

> And boy, do we have some seasoned, expert flamers here! LMFAO

LMAO!!

I am hearing Ed McMahon in my ear saying ,"hiiiyo!"

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" > wrote:
> On Mar 19, 10:42 pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> > And boy, do we have some seasoned, expert flamers here! LMFAO

> LMAO!!
>
> I am hearing Ed McMahon in my ear saying ,"hiiiyo!"

I think of "Santa Claus with a stiletto." aka W. C. Fields.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:

> Outlook Express is not, and never has been, Usenet-friendly. If one
> insists on using it, in order for it to come close to conforming, that
> user needs must become fairly expert in its use.

I would also suggest downloading the free shareware OE QuoteFix. It goes a
long way to solving some of the more aggravating problems, especially the
automatic placement of the cursor at the bottom of the post being replied
to.

http://www.freewr.com/freeware.php?d...tefix&lid=1429

I've used it for years now, and it works just as advertised.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Denny Wheeler wrote:
>
> > Outlook Express is not, and never has been, Usenet-friendly. If one
> > insists on using it, in order for it to come close to conforming,
> > that user needs must become fairly expert in its use.

> I would also suggest downloading the free shareware OE QuoteFix. It
> goes a long way to solving some of the more aggravating problems,
> especially the automatic placement of the cursor at the bottom of the
> post being replied to.
>
> http://www.freewr.com/freeware.php?d...tefix&lid=1429

This is a big one:

"Quoting of Quoted-Printable, Base64 and even HTML messages is finally
possible."

Google Groups uses quoted-printable in some messages, and OE balks on
that, leaving off the quote markers in replies.

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> Outlook Express is not, and never has been, Usenet-friendly.

> Oh, and another reason for not using OE--it's difficult to *not*
> top-post with it.

Works for me. I've yet to see a reason to change to a "better" program.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> Denny Wheeler wrote:
>>
>>> Outlook Express is not, and never has been, Usenet-friendly. If one
>>> insists on using it, in order for it to come close to conforming,
>>> that user needs must become fairly expert in its use.

>> I would also suggest downloading the free shareware OE QuoteFix. It
>> goes a long way to solving some of the more aggravating problems,
>> especially the automatic placement of the cursor at the bottom of
>> the post being replied to.
>>
>> http://www.freewr.com/freeware.php?d...tefix&lid=1429
>>
>> I've used it for years now, and it works just as advertised.
>>

> The cursor placement doesn't bother me much, but screwing around
> trying to correctly respond to, and quote, a quoted printable message
> almost had me switching news/mail readers.

OE with QuoteFix solves that problem, too. Each different author in a thread
has a different color so the reader can easily distinguish who says what.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> Dave Bugg wrote:
>> Nunya Bidnits wrote:
>>> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> I just installed it. The color coding on the thread levels is really
> cool. Not to mention lotsa other stuff I am still checking out.
>
> Thanks Dave!

You're welcome, NB. Glad to pass on the info.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

> OE with QuoteFix solves that problem, too. Each different author in a
> thread has a different color so the reader can easily distinguish who
> says what.

XanaNews will do color coding for about three levels deep, but I don't
particularly care for that so I have them all set to black.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 20-Mar-2008, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:

> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> > Denny Wheeler wrote:
> >
> > > Outlook Express is not, and never has been, Usenet-friendly. If one
> > > insists on using it, in order for it to come close to conforming, that
> > > user needs must become fairly expert in its use.

<snip . . . >

> Anyway I've seen that Dave B is pretty particular about things of this
> sort,
> so even though I am loathe to mess with plug ins, I figure if Dave's puter
> has not blown up, neither will mine, and I am gonna give it a try.
>
> MartyB in KC

I've never been a fan of OE Marty, but I have and have tried out the OE
Quotefix program. It does what it does. For one thing it does not modify
OE, it sits in front of it and handles chores for it. You can fire up your
OE
anytime without engaging Quotefix and it will work in it's original
configuration.
SeaMonkey mail is my second choice newsreader and I use it whenever I
want to attach multiple pictures to the same post. Oh, by the way. OE
Quotefix is not a plugin. It's a standalone utility that works in
conjunction
with OE without actually modifying the original program.
--
Brick(Never bring a knife to a gunfight.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick > wrote:
> On 20-Mar-2008, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
>
>> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> <snip . . . >

more snip

> I've never been a fan of OE Marty, but I have and have tried out the
> OE Quotefix program. It does what it does. For one thing it does not
> modify OE, it sits in front of it and handles chores for it. You can
> fire up your OE
> anytime without engaging Quotefix and it will work in it's original
> configuration.
> SeaMonkey mail is my second choice newsreader and I use it whenever I
> want to attach multiple pictures to the same post. Oh, by the way. OE
> Quotefix is not a plugin. It's a standalone utility that works in
> conjunction
> with OE without actually modifying the original program.

One thing, If you use quotefix, you have to uncheck the spell check box that
ignores
the origonal text in a reply. Otherwise it hoses your reply.
In the end you end up fixing everyone's spelling mistakes, e-mail addresses,
and nicknames, etc.