Quirky

Default Fagor Steam Basket

We've owned a Fagor Multi-rapid pressure cooked for a while now, but have
only just got round to trying out the steam basket thingy (technical
term). The problem is, nobody seems to know how the basket is supposed to
fit in!

My kitchen sense tells me that it should go "click" in some cunning
position, but nothing seems to sit right, it just drops to the bottom. For
an idea of what the cooker looks like, here is a photo:

http://www.fagor.com/es/productos/img/menaje/combi.jpg

I think the key is that V shaped wire gizmo. Anyone got one of these
things and could help me out? Many thanks in advance!
Pete Fraser

"Quirky" > wrote in message
news
> We've owned a Fagor Multi-rapid pressure cooked for a while now, but have
> only just got round to trying out the steam basket thingy (technical
> term). The problem is, nobody seems to know how the basket is supposed to
> fit in!
>
> My kitchen sense tells me that it should go "click" in some cunning
> position, but nothing seems to sit right, it just drops to the bottom. For
> an idea of what the cooker looks like, here is a photo:
>
> http://www.fagor.com/es/productos/img/menaje/combi.jpg
>
> I think the key is that V shaped wire gizmo. Anyone got one of these
> things and could help me out? Many thanks in advance!

I don't have one, and have never used one, so my advice is
probably worthless.

However, it looks to me as though the V shaped thing
drops into the pot in the orientation shown, and that
acts to hold the basket thingy off the bottom of the pot.

Doesn't look like anything clicky -- just an inexpensive,
well designed device to keep the basket an inch or two
off the pot bottom.

Quirky

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:19:48 -0700, Pete Fraser wrote:

> Doesn't look like anything clicky -- just an inexpensive, well designed
> device to keep the basket an inch or two off the pot bottom.

Thanks for the tip. That was one of our thoughts, but what threw us was a
recipe saying "add a pint of water... but without the basket touching the
water" and it was a close thing. Another vote for the 'V thing is a stand'
goes to this image, which seems to use it that way (different model here,
but similar design!):

http://images.hsn.com/images/product/414964_img.jpg

Good grief. I'm not usually this daft!
Jeff

Quirky wrote:
> My kitchen sense tells me that it should go "click" in some cunning
> position, but nothing seems to sit right, it just drops to the bottom.

That's what it's supposed to do. In that position it prevents food from
scorching by insuring that water can get under it.

> For
> an idea of what the cooker looks like, here is a photo:
>
> http://www.fagor.com/es/productos/img/menaje/combi.jpg
>
> I think the key is that V shaped wire gizmo. Anyone got one of these
> things and could help me out? Many thanks in advance!

I got one of those things (Fagor Digital Multi-Rapid-- predecessor to
your cooker), and the key is the V shaped wire gizmo. It goes in the pot
in the position shown in your photo, underneath the basket. When it is
positioned with the points down as shown, it will support the basket.