Old 28-08-2007, 06:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Can I steam a pudding in a steam cooker?

I would like to make a plum duff. Is a steam pressure cooking pot
suitable for steaming it?
If not, any tips on how I can steam it with the least amount of
effort?
Thanks.
(Note: I've posted this already some minutes ago but it was
mysteriously deleted from Google Groups -- sorry if this turns out to
be a double posting).

Old 28-08-2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Charles Self wrote:
I would like to make a plum duff. Is a steam pressure cooking pot
suitable for steaming it?
If not, any tips on how I can steam it with the least amount of
effort?
Thanks.
(Note: I've posted this already some minutes ago but it was
mysteriously deleted from Google Groups -- sorry if this turns out to
be a double posting).

I've used a steam pressure canner to bake a cheesecake before. It
worked just fine. Tends to get a little water on top from condensation
unless you seal the pan good with aluminum foil.

Bob
Old 28-08-2007, 09:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28 Aug., 19:22, zxcvbob wrote:
I've used a steam pressure canner to bake a cheesecake before. It
worked just fine.

You're way ahead of me. ;-)

Old 28-08-2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28 Aug., 20:52, Steve Wertz wrote:
I had never heard of duff until I saw it in the grocery store
this morning. I thought it was a typo until now.

Duff = dough
What you experienced is called a Jungian Synchronicity in the trade,
BTW. Or simply selective reception.

Old 28-08-2007, 09:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28 Aug., 22:19, Charles Self wrote:
BTW. Or simply selective reception.

Sorry, ***perception***.