Wayne Boatwright

Default Dishwasher Product (long)

As of late we have been having a huge problem with streaking on our
stainless steel and milky filming on our china and glassware, all due to a
combination of extremely hard water and detergent. I knew I could polish
all the metal pieces, but I was afraid the china and glassware was
permanently affected and would have to be replaced. Installing a water
softener is not an option.

We've tried every brand of dishwasher detergent on the market, as well as
every brand of rinse agent. We've also tried adding vinegar to the final
rinse, which resulted in only a trace improvement.

Shopping today for yet another option, I came across a product called
"Lemi-Shine", 'The Hard Water Expert'. This is a powdered product made
solely from real fruit acids, natural citrus oils, and fragrance. It
contains no phosphates and is safe for septic tanks. It's said to be so
environmentally safe, and partial proceeds from the sale of the product are
donated to help save endangered species and habitats.

I was highly skeptical, but I loaded our worst examples into the
dishwasher: the glass carafe from our coffee maker, several drinking
glasses, a number of pieces of Pyrex, a couple of stainless steel
saucepans, and some flatware. The results were absolutely incredible.
Every piece except the carafe came out sparkling like new. The carafe went
into a second load and emerged just as clear. I ran back to back loads
until I had washed all our glassware and everyday dishes, all our flatware,
and all our stainless steel cookware. I feel like I've outfitted out
kitchen with everything new!

It is NOT recommended for aluminum, porcelain enamel coated cookware, or
painted glassware. My Pyrex measuring cups were so bad that I was planning
to replace them anyway, but washing them didn't seem to harm the
measurement markings at all.

Lemi-Shine is made by Envirocon Technilogies, Inc. in Midland, Texas. I
highly recommend it to anyone who is experiencing these types of problems
with their dishwasher cleaning.

I am not affiliated with either the company or the product, but strictly an
amazed and satisfied customer.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0526-4, 07/01/2005
Tested on: 7/3/2005 4:26:02 AM

Dee Randall

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> As of late we have been having a huge problem with streaking on our
> stainless steel and milky filming on our china and glassware, all due to a
> combination of extremely hard water and detergent. I knew I could polish
> all the metal pieces, but I was afraid the china and glassware was
> permanently affected and would have to be replaced. Installing a water
> softener is not an option.
>
> We've tried every brand of dishwasher detergent on the market, as well as
> every brand of rinse agent. We've also tried adding vinegar to the final
> rinse, which resulted in only a trace improvement.
>
> Shopping today for yet another option, I came across a product called
> "Lemi-Shine", 'The Hard Water Expert'. This is a powdered product made
> solely from real fruit acids, natural citrus oils, and fragrance. It
> contains no phosphates and is safe for septic tanks. It's said to be so
> environmentally safe, and partial proceeds from the sale of the product
> are
> donated to help save endangered species and habitats.
>
> I was highly skeptical, but I loaded our worst examples into the
> dishwasher: the glass carafe from our coffee maker, several drinking
> glasses, a number of pieces of Pyrex, a couple of stainless steel
> saucepans, and some flatware. The results were absolutely incredible.
> Every piece except the carafe came out sparkling like new. The carafe
> went
> into a second load and emerged just as clear. I ran back to back loads
> until I had washed all our glassware and everyday dishes, all our
> flatware,
> and all our stainless steel cookware. I feel like I've outfitted out
> kitchen with everything new!
>
> It is NOT recommended for aluminum, porcelain enamel coated cookware, or
> painted glassware. My Pyrex measuring cups were so bad that I was
> planning
> to replace them anyway, but washing them didn't seem to harm the
> measurement markings at all.
>
> Lemi-Shine is made by Envirocon Technilogies, Inc. in Midland, Texas. I
> highly recommend it to anyone who is experiencing these types of problems
> with their dishwasher cleaning.
>
> I am not affiliated with either the company or the product, but strictly
> an
> amazed and satisfied customer.
>

> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Thanks for this, Wayne. I wrote about the same problem a few weeks ago and
finally got some Jet Dry. It did not solve my problem. Since I've been
away, I've only tried it 3 times now, but it hasn't prevented the problem.
The other suggestion that I was going to try was the CLR (for Calcium, Lime
& Rust) and run it thru the dishwasher, but haven't got to that yet.

I'd rather try your product first, "Lemi-Shine", 'The Hard Water
xpert' -- can you tell me if it is available in grocery stores, Walmart,
etc. or where you purchased it?
I'll not be able to try it soon, but I'll be able to look for it and 'get
ready!'
Thanks for sharing this information, Wayne. I appreciate it.
Dee

George Shirley

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> As of late we have been having a huge problem with streaking on our
> stainless steel and milky filming on our china and glassware, all due to a
> combination of extremely hard water and detergent. I knew I could polish
> all the metal pieces, but I was afraid the china and glassware was
> permanently affected and would have to be replaced. Installing a water
> softener is not an option.
>
> We've tried every brand of dishwasher detergent on the market, as well as
> every brand of rinse agent. We've also tried adding vinegar to the final
> rinse, which resulted in only a trace improvement.
>
> Shopping today for yet another option, I came across a product called
> "Lemi-Shine", 'The Hard Water Expert'. This is a powdered product made
> solely from real fruit acids, natural citrus oils, and fragrance. It
> contains no phosphates and is safe for septic tanks. It's said to be so
> environmentally safe, and partial proceeds from the sale of the product are
> donated to help save endangered species and habitats.
>
> I was highly skeptical, but I loaded our worst examples into the
> dishwasher: the glass carafe from our coffee maker, several drinking
> glasses, a number of pieces of Pyrex, a couple of stainless steel
> saucepans, and some flatware. The results were absolutely incredible.
> Every piece except the carafe came out sparkling like new. The carafe went
> into a second load and emerged just as clear. I ran back to back loads
> until I had washed all our glassware and everyday dishes, all our flatware,
> and all our stainless steel cookware. I feel like I've outfitted out
> kitchen with everything new!
>
> It is NOT recommended for aluminum, porcelain enamel coated cookware, or
> painted glassware. My Pyrex measuring cups were so bad that I was planning
> to replace them anyway, but washing them didn't seem to harm the
> measurement markings at all.
>
> Lemi-Shine is made by Envirocon Technilogies, Inc. in Midland, Texas. I
> highly recommend it to anyone who is experiencing these types of problems
> with their dishwasher cleaning.
>
> I am not affiliated with either the company or the product, but strictly an
> amazed and satisfied customer.

I have almost exactly the same problem here Wayne. We've lived in this
town for 17 years now and I can't even count how many gallons of vinegar
I've used to dissolve the calcium that coats out on everything. Thanks
for the heads up on "Lemi-Shine." Now all I have to do is find a
retailer who carries the stuff. B-)

George

Dee Randall

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
.. .
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> As of late we have been having a huge problem with streaking on our
>> stainless steel and milky filming on our china and glassware, all due to
>> a combination of extremely hard water and detergent. I knew I could
>> polish all the metal pieces, but I was afraid the china and glassware was
>> permanently affected and would have to be replaced. Installing a water
>> softener is not an option.
>>
>> We've tried every brand of dishwasher detergent on the market, as well as
>> every brand of rinse agent. We've also tried adding vinegar to the final
>> rinse, which resulted in only a trace improvement.
>>
>> Shopping today for yet another option, I came across a product called
>> "Lemi-Shine", 'The Hard Water Expert'. This is a powdered product made
>> solely from real fruit acids, natural citrus oils, and fragrance. It
>> contains no phosphates and is safe for septic tanks. It's said to be so
>> environmentally safe, and partial proceeds from the sale of the product
>> are donated to help save endangered species and habitats.
>>
>> I was highly skeptical, but I loaded our worst examples into the
>> dishwasher: the glass carafe from our coffee maker, several drinking
>> glasses, a number of pieces of Pyrex, a couple of stainless steel
>> saucepans, and some flatware. The results were absolutely incredible.
>> Every piece except the carafe came out sparkling like new. The carafe
>> went into a second load and emerged just as clear. I ran back to back
>> loads until I had washed all our glassware and everyday dishes, all our
>> flatware, and all our stainless steel cookware. I feel like I've
>> outfitted out kitchen with everything new!
>>
>> It is NOT recommended for aluminum, porcelain enamel coated cookware, or
>> painted glassware. My Pyrex measuring cups were so bad that I was
>> planning to replace them anyway, but washing them didn't seem to harm the
>> measurement markings at all.
>>
>> Lemi-Shine is made by Envirocon Technilogies, Inc. in Midland, Texas. I
>> highly recommend it to anyone who is experiencing these types of problems
>> with their dishwasher cleaning.
>>
>> I am not affiliated with either the company or the product, but strictly
>> an amazed and satisfied customer.
>>

> I have almost exactly the same problem here Wayne. We've lived in this
> town for 17 years now and I can't even count how many gallons of vinegar
> I've used to dissolve the calcium that coats out on everything. Thanks for
> the heads up on "Lemi-Shine." Now all I have to do is find a retailer who
> carries the stuff. B-)
>
> George

George, be sure to post it when you do find a retailer. I'll be looking too
next week, and if I find one, I'll post.
Dee

Jim Elbrecht

"Dee Randall" > wrote:

-snip-
>George, be sure to post it when you do find a retailer. I'll be looking too
>next week, and if I find one, I'll post.

Try the list here-
http://www.lemishine.com/locations.php

Jim
[lots of Walmarts and grocery stores in my state]

George Shirley

Dee Randall wrote:
> "George Shirley" > wrote in message
> .. .
>
>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>>As of late we have been having a huge problem with streaking on our
>>>stainless steel and milky filming on our china and glassware, all due to
>>>a combination of extremely hard water and detergent. I knew I could
>>>polish all the metal pieces, but I was afraid the china and glassware was
>>>permanently affected and would have to be replaced. Installing a water
>>>softener is not an option.
>>>
>>>We've tried every brand of dishwasher detergent on the market, as well as
>>>every brand of rinse agent. We've also tried adding vinegar to the final
>>>rinse, which resulted in only a trace improvement.
>>>
>>>Shopping today for yet another option, I came across a product called
>>>"Lemi-Shine", 'The Hard Water Expert'. This is a powdered product made
>>>solely from real fruit acids, natural citrus oils, and fragrance. It
>>>contains no phosphates and is safe for septic tanks. It's said to be so
>>>environmentally safe, and partial proceeds from the sale of the product
>>>are donated to help save endangered species and habitats.
>>>
>>>I was highly skeptical, but I loaded our worst examples into the
>>>dishwasher: the glass carafe from our coffee maker, several drinking
>>>glasses, a number of pieces of Pyrex, a couple of stainless steel
>>>saucepans, and some flatware. The results were absolutely incredible.
>>>Every piece except the carafe came out sparkling like new. The carafe
>>>went into a second load and emerged just as clear. I ran back to back
>>>loads until I had washed all our glassware and everyday dishes, all our
>>>flatware, and all our stainless steel cookware. I feel like I've
>>>outfitted out kitchen with everything new!
>>>
>>>It is NOT recommended for aluminum, porcelain enamel coated cookware, or
>>>painted glassware. My Pyrex measuring cups were so bad that I was
>>>planning to replace them anyway, but washing them didn't seem to harm the
>>>measurement markings at all.
>>>
>>>Lemi-Shine is made by Envirocon Technilogies, Inc. in Midland, Texas. I
>>>highly recommend it to anyone who is experiencing these types of problems
>>>with their dishwasher cleaning.
>>>
>>>I am not affiliated with either the company or the product, but strictly
>>>an amazed and satisfied customer.
>>>

>>I have almost exactly the same problem here Wayne. We've lived in this
>>town for 17 years now and I can't even count how many gallons of vinegar
>>I've used to dissolve the calcium that coats out on everything. Thanks for
>>the heads up on "Lemi-Shine." Now all I have to do is find a retailer who
>>carries the stuff. B-)
>>
>>George

> George, be sure to post it when you do find a retailer. I'll be looking too
> next week, and if I find one, I'll post.
> Dee

Easy to do Dee, Google on lemi-shine and their web page comes up,
there's a tag for retailers, then you pick your state, go to that page
and pick your city/town or nearest to you. There's a retailer about a
mile from me, Brookshire Brothers supermarket, so I'm off there Tuesday.
They also have a print out you can use to ask your local retailer to
stock Lemi-shine.

If this stuff works like Wayne says we may be able to have glasses and
pans that aren't coated with calcium deposits gain.

I put up a lot of food as canned goods and, particularly in a boiling
water bath, I put in about two tablespoons of white vinegar in the
water. This keeps the calcium from precipating out on the pot.

George

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 03 Jul 2005 05:02:00a, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.equipment:

> Thanks for this, Wayne. I wrote about the same problem a few weeks ago
> and finally got some Jet Dry. It did not solve my problem. Since I've
> been away, I've only tried it 3 times now, but it hasn't prevented the
> problem. The other suggestion that I was going to try was the CLR (for
> Calcium, Lime & Rust) and run it thru the dishwasher, but haven't got to
> that yet.
>
> I'd rather try your product first, "Lemi-Shine", 'The Hard Water
> xpert' -- can you tell me if it is available in grocery stores,
> Walmart, etc. or where you purchased it?
> I'll not be able to try it soon, but I'll be able to look for it and
> 'get ready!'
> Thanks for sharing this information, Wayne. I appreciate it.
> Dee

Dee, I bought it at a local supermarket chain called Basha's, but I would
imagine other chains would carry it. I should point out that even though
it's a poweder, it's packaged in a clear plastic bottle with yellow and
green labeling.

There is also a website, http://www.lemishine.com/ where I believe you
search for local retailers.

BTW, the before and after pictures on their homepage are dramatic, but
accurate!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0526-4, 07/01/2005
Tested on: 7/3/2005 7:56:30 AM

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 03 Jul 2005 05:54:17a, George Shirley wrote in rec.food.equipment:

> I have almost exactly the same problem here Wayne. We've lived in this
> town for 17 years now and I can't even count how many gallons of vinegar
> I've used to dissolve the calcium that coats out on everything. Thanks
> for the heads up on "Lemi-Shine." Now all I have to do is find a
> retailer who carries the stuff. B-)
>
> George

You'll be absolutely amazed at the results, George.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0526-4, 07/01/2005
Tested on: 7/3/2005 7:57:35 AM

Dee Randall

"Jim Elbrecht" > wrote in message
> "Dee Randall" > wrote:
>
> -snip-
>>George, be sure to post it when you do find a retailer. I'll be looking
>>too
>>next week, and if I find one, I'll post.

> Try the list here-
> http://www.lemishine.com/locations.php
>
> Jim
> [lots of Walmarts and grocery stores in my state]

Thanks, George. Looks like no problem.
Dee

Iraxl Enb

Looks like they stock these in walmarts in most states...

irax.

New Product for Me W. Baker Diabetic 8 18-08-2011 02:46 PM
Product Review: Some Bodum Travel Presses, Tumblers, and Other Notes FYI (long) Bluesea[_2_] Tea 3 27-11-2007 11:23 PM
The 10th Annual Schaller State Fair Ribbon Report - The Queen is Dead! Long live the Queen! - But Life Ain't Bad (Long) Melba's Jammin' Preserving 16 01-09-2005 06:33 PM
The 10th Annual Schaller State Fair Ribbon Report - The Queen is Dead! Long live the Queen! - But Life Ain't Bad (Long) Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 50 28-08-2005 02:07 AM
Slightly O.T. (long) Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 57 06-07-2005 08:49 PM