DawnK

Default New toaster oven

So, I decided to think outside the box and not just replace my stupid Black
and Decker toaster oven with another one. I bought an Oster instead, since
the crumb tray is removable and I only have to take IT to the garbage to
clean out the crumbs. I was soooo sick of taking the whole toaster oven to
the garbage and I always made a mess all around the garbage, too.

So, get it unpacked, plugged in, racks washed and in place. I get a piece
of bread and attempt to toast it. One side burns, other side barely
toasted. I read the instructions again, change the position of the bottom
rack and try again. I get the most perfect piece of toast I have had in a
LONG time! Then my daughter wants a piece of toast. She agrees that it
makes perfect toast! I can't wait to toast a waffle in the morning! The
B&D was dying and was starting to do a crappy job of toasting my waffles!
Then the indicator light was staying on, after toasting was done and the
food removed. So, I unplugged it and stopped using it. (Not to mention the
dangerous accumulation of crumbs on the bottom that I hadn't cleaned in a
while, because it was such a pain to take the whole toaster oven to the
garbage.)

Well, no matter now. The whole toaster oven is going in the garbage on
Tuesday morning. Good riddance!

Dawn