Dee Randall

Default My ove-glove

I don't know if this item falls under "equipment," but as I was taking a
cake out of the oven and singing the praises of my 'ove-glove,' I want to
recommend them. Because one is not cheap, I bought one @ $14.99 if I
remember correctly. It worked so well over a month or so, so I bought
another one; so I have a pair. The temperature written on them to not
exceed is 480. I have used them for higher heats than this, but am not
recommending that for others - "let the buyer beware."

They're great.
Dee

Vox Humana

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message
> I don't know if this item falls under "equipment," but as I was taking a
> cake out of the oven and singing the praises of my 'ove-glove,' I want to
> recommend them. Because one is not cheap, I bought one @ $14.99 if I
> remember correctly. It worked so well over a month or so, so I bought
> another one; so I have a pair. The temperature written on them to not
> exceed is 480. I have used them for higher heats than this, but am not
> recommending that for others - "let the buyer beware."

There is a discussion about silicon oven mitts at rec.food.cooking. I have
seen the ove-glove and as I recall it is some type of knit fabric. If so,
does it absorb water? I have gotten some nasty burns with wet oven mitts.
Costco has a set of two silicon mitts and two silicon potholders for about
$24. I have been tempted to buy the set.

Vox Humana

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message
> I don't know if this item falls under "equipment," but as I was taking a
> cake out of the oven and singing the praises of my 'ove-glove,' I want to
> recommend them. Because one is not cheap, I bought one @ $14.99 if I
> remember correctly. It worked so well over a month or so, so I bought
> another one; so I have a pair. The temperature written on them to not
> exceed is 480. I have used them for higher heats than this, but am not
> recommending that for others - "let the buyer beware."

There is a discussion about silicon oven mitts at rec.food.cooking. I have
seen the ove-glove and as I recall it is some type of knit fabric. If so,
does it absorb water? I have gotten some nasty burns with wet oven mitts.
Costco has a set of two silicon mitts and two silicon potholders for about
$24. I have been tempted to buy the set.

Donald Tsang

Vox Humana > wrote:
>"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:
>> I don't know if this item falls under "equipment," but as I was taking a
>> cake out of the oven and singing the praises of my 'ove-glove,' I want to
>> recommend them. [...]

>There is a discussion about silicon oven mitts at rec.food.cooking. I have
>seen the ove-glove and as I recall it is some type of knit fabric. If so,
>does it absorb water? I have gotten some nasty burns with wet oven mitts.

I happened to look at the "Ove Glove" in a store the other day, and, indeed,
there are warnings not to try to use them when they're wet.

>Costco has a set of two silicon mitts and two silicon potholders for about
>$24. I have been tempted to buy the set.

If the mitts didn't look so clumsy, I'd be tempted too... our silicon
potholders (about $5 apiece) work great.

Donald
Donald Tsang

Vox Humana > wrote:
>"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:
>> I don't know if this item falls under "equipment," but as I was taking a
>> cake out of the oven and singing the praises of my 'ove-glove,' I want to
>> recommend them. [...]

>There is a discussion about silicon oven mitts at rec.food.cooking. I have
>seen the ove-glove and as I recall it is some type of knit fabric. If so,
>does it absorb water? I have gotten some nasty burns with wet oven mitts.

I happened to look at the "Ove Glove" in a store the other day, and, indeed,
there are warnings not to try to use them when they're wet.

>Costco has a set of two silicon mitts and two silicon potholders for about
>$24. I have been tempted to buy the set.

If the mitts didn't look so clumsy, I'd be tempted too... our silicon
potholders (about $5 apiece) work great.

Donald

Dee Randall

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message
>> I don't know if this item falls under "equipment," but as I was taking a
>> cake out of the oven and singing the praises of my 'ove-glove,' I want to
>> recommend them. Because one is not cheap, I bought one @ $14.99 if I
>> remember correctly. It worked so well over a month or so, so I bought
>> another one; so I have a pair. The temperature written on them to not
>> exceed is 480. I have used them for higher heats than this, but am not
>> recommending that for others - "let the buyer beware."

> There is a discussion about silicon oven mitts at rec.food.cooking. I
> have
> seen the ove-glove and as I recall it is some type of knit fabric. If so,
> does it absorb water? I have gotten some nasty burns with wet oven mitts.
> Costco has a set of two silicon mitts and two silicon potholders for about
> $24. I have been tempted to buy the set.

This is what it says on the back of the package (I scan everything - sigh!)
Dupont Nomex and Dupont Kevlar. When exposed to an open flame, the outer
layer of the glove does not catch fire and does not melt. 'Ove' Glove is
not waterproof and hsould not be used if it becomes wet. Please use extra
caution around hot liquids.
Machine Washable

I have not had an opportunity to test these out for wetness -- thank
heavens. One thing that I do use them for is taking bread/pizza out of the
oven (when husband is not convenient). I, myself, will not take the pan of
hot water for steam out of the oven with the mits, so I must've thought
about it. The mits do not fit my hands, but more like big gloves. Even so,
they provide more protection (for me) than mits than barbecue mits I have
used in the past, which are mits (not having fingers).

I've not seen the Costco mits and potholders in my area. I would be tempted
also. But I am happy with my gloves, probably mainly because they are
gloves and I feel I have more control. I have always felt that any mit or
pot holder was dangerous in that it could slip right out of your hand or off
the pot, and I have had some burns this way, myself.

Dee

Dee Randall

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message
>> I don't know if this item falls under "equipment," but as I was taking a
>> cake out of the oven and singing the praises of my 'ove-glove,' I want to
>> recommend them. Because one is not cheap, I bought one @ $14.99 if I
>> remember correctly. It worked so well over a month or so, so I bought
>> another one; so I have a pair. The temperature written on them to not
>> exceed is 480. I have used them for higher heats than this, but am not
>> recommending that for others - "let the buyer beware."

> There is a discussion about silicon oven mitts at rec.food.cooking. I
> have
> seen the ove-glove and as I recall it is some type of knit fabric. If so,
> does it absorb water? I have gotten some nasty burns with wet oven mitts.
> Costco has a set of two silicon mitts and two silicon potholders for about
> $24. I have been tempted to buy the set.

This is what it says on the back of the package (I scan everything - sigh!)
Dupont Nomex and Dupont Kevlar. When exposed to an open flame, the outer
layer of the glove does not catch fire and does not melt. 'Ove' Glove is
not waterproof and hsould not be used if it becomes wet. Please use extra
caution around hot liquids.
Machine Washable

I have not had an opportunity to test these out for wetness -- thank
heavens. One thing that I do use them for is taking bread/pizza out of the
oven (when husband is not convenient). I, myself, will not take the pan of
hot water for steam out of the oven with the mits, so I must've thought
about it. The mits do not fit my hands, but more like big gloves. Even so,
they provide more protection (for me) than mits than barbecue mits I have
used in the past, which are mits (not having fingers).

I've not seen the Costco mits and potholders in my area. I would be tempted
also. But I am happy with my gloves, probably mainly because they are
gloves and I feel I have more control. I have always felt that any mit or
pot holder was dangerous in that it could slip right out of your hand or off
the pot, and I have had some burns this way, myself.

Dee

Edwin Pawlowski

"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
> ... our silicon
> potholders (about $5 apiece) work great.

I like the way they block the heat, but I find them awkward as they don't
wrap around handles very well compared to regular pot holders.
Ed

Edwin Pawlowski

"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
> ... our silicon
> potholders (about $5 apiece) work great.

I like the way they block the heat, but I find them awkward as they don't
wrap around handles very well compared to regular pot holders.
Ed

Donald Tsang

Edwin Pawlowski > wrote:
>"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
>> ... our silicon
>> potholders (about $5 apiece) work great.

>I like the way they block the heat, but I find them awkward as they don't
>wrap around handles very well compared to regular pot holders.

Sorry, I misspoke somewhat: we use them as trivets.

I still use old-fashioned thick woven cloth potholders as potholders (and
they, like Ove Gloves, don't really work when they get wet)

Donald
Donald Tsang

Edwin Pawlowski > wrote:
>"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
>> ... our silicon
>> potholders (about $5 apiece) work great.

>I like the way they block the heat, but I find them awkward as they don't
>wrap around handles very well compared to regular pot holders.

Sorry, I misspoke somewhat: we use them as trivets.

I still use old-fashioned thick woven cloth potholders as potholders (and
they, like Ove Gloves, don't really work when they get wet)

Donald
zuuum

I use oven GLOVES, the ones with seperate fingers.

"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
> Edwin Pawlowski > wrote:
>>"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
>>> ... our silicon
>>> potholders (about $5 apiece) work great.

>>I like the way they block the heat, but I find them awkward as they don't
>>wrap around handles very well compared to regular pot holders.

> Sorry, I misspoke somewhat: we use them as trivets.
>
> I still use old-fashioned thick woven cloth potholders as potholders (and
> they, like Ove Gloves, don't really work when they get wet)
>
> Donald

zuuum

I use oven GLOVES, the ones with seperate fingers.

"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
> Edwin Pawlowski > wrote:
>>"Donald Tsang" > wrote in message
>>> ... our silicon
>>> potholders (about $5 apiece) work great.

>>I like the way they block the heat, but I find them awkward as they don't
>>wrap around handles very well compared to regular pot holders.

> Sorry, I misspoke somewhat: we use them as trivets.
>
> I still use old-fashioned thick woven cloth potholders as potholders (and
> they, like Ove Gloves, don't really work when they get wet)
>
> Donald

13 Baseball Glove [email protected] Restaurants 0 21-05-2009 05:05 AM
help with welding glove debi Barbecue 4 27-10-2005 01:18 AM
Ove Glove Oven Mitt [email protected] Barbecue 15 03-04-2005 12:28 PM
Ove Glove Edwin Pawlowski Barbecue 5 06-01-2004 02:43 AM