Edwin Pawlowski

Default Ove Glove

I've been seeing these advertised on TV. Local hardware store had them for
$7.50 so I thought I give it a try. One size really does fit just about all
as it went onto my hand easily. I've used it a couple of times not to
handle hot and heavy pans from the oven and it works better than the typical
oven mitt or potholder.

It is not moisture proof so don't use it for picking up a hunk of meat from
the grids but lifting a grid is not a problem. I'd going to get one for the
other hand as they are sold as singles.

--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Edwin Pawlowski

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> So is it like a regular fabric? Or some sort of plastic/metal weave
> of some sort? I was trying on kitchen mitts at the Target yesterday
> and I couldn't find a single one that fit without chopping off my
> thumb.
>
> Men do cook nowdays (better than women even ;-)
>
> -sw

It is a Kevlar and something blend. Fits like a cloth clove, easily
bendable. Sort of like wearing a heavy winter glove.
Ed

Reg

Steve Wertz wrote:

> So is it like a regular fabric? Or some sort of plastic/metal weave
> of some sort?

Kevlar (to stop bullets) and Nomex (a fireproofing material)

Ol' Hippie

I use buckskin work gloves for the hot-burning things and never the meat,
don't need any additional roughage. I use two humongous forks to take the
goods off the grill.
HAPPY New-year oh shit here come the Taxes.

--
" Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely,
in one pretty, well preserved piece,

Ol' Hippie

Wholey shit you guys must cook some killer Q to need bullet proof AND fire
proof. Gheeze I am way behind.
Bruce

Louis Cohen

The Mrs got me a pair of those blue silicone mitts, good for 500° and
washable in the dishwasher. Should be really good for handling cooked
meat, turkey etc. as well as hot grills and heat diffusers.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. com...
> I've been seeing these advertised on TV. Local hardware store had them

for
> $7.50 so I thought I give it a try. One size really does fit just about

all
> as it went onto my hand easily. I've used it a couple of times not to
> handle hot and heavy pans from the oven and it works better than the

typical
> oven mitt or potholder.
>
> It is not moisture proof so don't use it for picking up a hunk of meat

from
> the grids but lifting a grid is not a problem. I'd going to get one for

the
> other hand as they are sold as singles.
>
> --
> Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

13 Baseball Glove [email protected] Restaurants 0 21-05-2009 05:05 AM
help with welding glove debi Barbecue 4 27-10-2005 01:18 AM
Ove Glove Oven Mitt [email protected] Barbecue 15 03-04-2005 12:28 PM
My ove-glove Dee Randall Cooking Equipment 13 21-12-2004 07:26 PM